Eighteen

My Butler
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You snuggled closer to his blanket, a sense of satisfaction bubbling in your stomach. As if you were given some sort of bubbling chemical, you could literally feel the joy in your tummy.


"Just one more day. And then you'll have to leave," he stated and then you grinned, you totally won this war, lil' Jungkook.


He turned around, as if he read your thoughts and with a sigh, he said, "Don't think you've won this war. Go get some sleep. And give Myungsoo a call to pick you up tomorrow."


I huffed in an annoyed expression before I sat up straighter, "I'm not leaving here until you decide to go back to Korea with me." He shook his head before explaining, "I'm not asking you to go back to Korea just yet. Besides, it's better you keep your hands out of that undercover mission the Queen assigned to you."

 

You bit your lips and a faint smile reached your lips. Well, apart from the fact that Jungkook has somewhat agreed that you get to stay here, you still have huge mission on your shoulders that you have yet to complete. Mission more like burden.

You frowned before you sat up straighter, why was Jungkook hindering you from your investigation? The Jungkook you knew would never ask you to stay out of a mission assigned by the Queen. It's just unlikely of him. He knows how grave and serious this is and he knew that it would be extremely beneficial to you if you ever found out the culprit behind these rumours. 

Maybe it's time to go back to Korea. Before the finals come around, you needed to figure things out.

You stepped out of his room and while walking, you tied your hair up into a messy bun, some strands cascading down your shoulder but you couldn't care less.

"You're up," a familiar voice called from the living room, and in an instance you looked up to see Myungsoo standing there in a blue v-neck pullover with a white dres shirt, wearing some blue jeans and his hair styled in the most casual way possible.

"MYUNGSOO?!?!" you screamed and he flinched at your voice, "What happened to you? Did you drink last night?" 

You laughed before you ran up and gave him a tight hug, "Ay bro."

"What did you do to her?"

Jungkook stepped out from the kitchen with his deadpanned face and when he caught sight of how you had your hands tight around Myungsoo's, his grip tightened around his poor mug and silly you did not even notice that.

"Get your hands off her, " he said before clearing his throat, "I don't like people PDA-ing in my house."

Myungsoo smirked before he tightened his hold on your waist even though you tried to let go, "Why, my. Someone is jealous huh?"

Jungkook slammed his cup on the glass dinning table and you could have swore you heard something crack.

"Get the hell out of here, Kim Myungsoo."

And then you used all the force you had to push Myungsoo away, "I think that's enough for a friendly hug, bro." You stated before giving an awkward laugh, "So what brings you here today?" Myungsoo looked visibly displeased with your actions but he didn't ask any more.

Myungsoo crossed his arms before sighing, "I accompanied you all the way to New York, free of charge and yet you have to question why I wanted to spend some time with you?"

"That's not all, there's definitely another reason," You stated and his facade immediately faded off and it was replaced with a frown.

"You know me too well."

"Oh cut the mushiness," Jungkook called out from the kitchen and you giggled at his reaction as softly as you could. Well, that didn't work out that well because Jungkook called out, "I hate it when people flirt out loud. Especially when they're in my apartment."

Myungsoo looked amused by our interaction before he shoved his phone into my hands, "Look."

The screen lit up at that moment and you nearly had the shock of your life.

58 missed calls and 83 messages.

Your eyes scanned through the list and your heart beat just raced so fast you felt a lump in your throat.

"It's the school? It's the goddamned school? They're honestly using the school?" You shrieked and Myungsoo took a step back at your voice.

"They're impossible!" You threw your hands up as the last message stated,

'Ms Han Eun Kyung, this is an order for you to come back to S.Korea or else another day of absence would cause severe punishments. This is not meant to be taken lightly. The local police are involved and if you do not return to S.Korea within three days, we will assume you're in need of help and all aid possible would be sent to you by the request of your parents. They seek your quick return for they feel deeply worried

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter