Twenty-Two

My Butler
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Blessings can come in disguise, Sire."

"You mean this child? Why my, of course she's a blessing, just look at her large twinkly eyes!"

"I wasn't referring to your child. She's not in disguise, she's known to be a blessing. I was talking about the other child."

"Ah, the Butler's son."

"Yes, Sire. The Butler's Son. Old Jeon's son."

---

His wrinkles gave his face a wiser look, not to what he was expecting. He was unfamiliar with the white streaks across his brown healthy hair and was definitely not expecting to see the swell in his eyes and the bags that droop down beneath the once very charming eyes.

"I've aged," he muttered. And he sighed once more, thinking of the chaos his daughter has caused. 

Eun Kyung caused great problems for the household this time and he was dead sure that they would not have this easy.

He rubbed his fingers across his chin in great frustration when he felt the stubbles growing. Ah, fatigue must have taken over him. He had forgotten to shave. Again.

He's a politician for God's sake! An honourable, rich man with great influence. One not to be reckoned with. And yet, he felt that his years of blood, tears and sweat shed was going down the drain. 

No matter how much influence, power and wealth mattered to him, he was still a father. He could never forget the resounding slap he had given to his daughter in a fit of anger, stress and weariness. 

Faced with so many state issues at hand, his daughters' childish immature actions seem very improper at that moment. Losing her stability and her sensibility all because she let her emotions rule her. 

Anger roused within him as he clenched his fists, eyeing the empty study room. He remembered all too well, how he had painstakingly spent every night talking to her about state issues the minute she was born. 

Han Eun Kyung was to be a woman of excellence. One who carries the honour of the Hans'.

He remembered how her eye lids drooped as she tried to listen to the boring history that no child should be forced to listen at her age. 

He remembered how she tried to get him to play with her but he responded with no form of enthusiasm. The state was of greater importance.

He remembered how she would pout and huff in frustration, daring the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter