Chapter 6

Love reincarnations
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 6

 

1940.

 

Aom and Kimhan became closed, they met everyday in the river. Yam will come with Aom if she had time. Sometimes they just sat under the tree, reading books, the other day Kimhan teach Aom any knowledges, or they just talked to each other about many things.

 

“Kimhan, tell me, what are doing in the forest everyday.” Mike asked Kimhan. They are walked around the village, doing their duty together.

 

“Nothing.”

 

“Don’t lie to me, man. We are best friends since we are baby. I know you hide something from me.”

 

“If I told you, please don’t tell other people, keep it as our secret.” Kimhan said. He knows that he couldn’t lie to Mike. Mike knows him better.

 

“You know me, man. Man’s promised.” Mike touch her chest as he said it.

 

“Okay, man’s promised. I went to the river everyday. I have two friends, they are local women named Aom and Yam. Aom is the daughter of this village’s headman, and Yam is the daughter of the orderly in this village. But no one knows our friendship except you. They told me that their parents didn’t allow them to be friend with France soldiers.”

 

“What, are you kidding me? So they can speak French?”

 

“No, we speak in English.”

 

“I never know there are the smart people in this village.”

 

“Mike, you looked down on them. Aom is a smart girl, she loves to learn. She also has a beautiful voice, and bright eyes. You must see her laugh, it’s the most beautiful laugh that I’ve ever seen.”

 

“Okay, cut it! You are falling in love with her.”

 

“No, I am not. I am a France soldier, and she is the villager of this country. Actually she is our enemies.” Kimhan said, there is sadness in his voice.

 

“Kim, you know we never want to make enemies with other people, she is not our enemies. It’s nothing wrong if you fell in love with her.” Mike patted Kimhan shoulder.

 

“I think we didn’t suit the war.”

 

“Let me meet them.”

“Mike, you waited here. I will ask her first, so she wouldn’t afraid.” Kimhan said. He told mike to hide between the trees like he used to do. He walked to the river and sat on the stone, waiting for Aom and Yam to come. He threw the gravels to the river.

 

“Hey, handsome stranger.” Aom called him. She came with Yam.

 

“Hello, beautiful ladies.” Kim greeted them. They sat on the edge of the rivers.

 

“What are you doing today? I didn’t see you in the village?” Kim asked.

 

“Aom just stayed at home because her fiancé visited her, and I helped my mom,” Yam said. Kimhan surprised by Yam’s speech. He feels hurt knowing that Aom has a fiancé. Aom looked at Kimhan, she didn’t say anything, but she feel bad. Kimhan pushed himself to smile, he gave his fake smile.

 

“I never know you have a fiancé. You didn’t tell me before.”

 

“Hmm, it’s my father’s choice. I can’t fight him.. so..”

 

“It’s okay. Girls, I have my friend in the forest, his name is Mike. I wanted you to meet him. Is that okay with you? Don’t worry, he is a good guy.” Kim cut her, he doesn’t want to know about Aom’s fiancé. You shouldn’t feel like this, Kim.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter