Chapter 7

Love reincarnations
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 6

 

1940

Aom’s house.

 

“Aom, Van is looking for you.” Mrs. Manaying called her. Aom lazily get off from her bed and comb her hairs. She came outside, Van is in living room with her father. She sat beside her father.

 

“Mr. Manaying, I would like to take Aom to the night festival to night if you allowed me to do so.” In their village, there will be a night festival a day before the full moon, the youngster will come to dance and sing, but Aom never goes there.

 

“I will be happy if Aom could go with you. I trust you, she will be safe with you.” Mr. Manaying said.

 

“Thank you, I will come when the sun is set to pick her up.” Van gave his charming smile, but Aom still remain her poker face.

KImhan’s Camp

 

“I heard there will be night festival in the village to night, and commandant Jean said we could go there to get some fun.” Zee said. They are in the middle of their patrol duty. Zee is joining them today.

 

“Really? Sounds so excited!” Mike said.

 

“The villagers will be there, dancing and singing.” Zee told them.

 

“Sounds fun, we should come.” Kimhan said. He thought about Aom yesterday, she caressed his hairs and his face, and he enjoyed it. It’s make him calm.

 

“Do you know the other group was arrive a few days a go?” Mike asked.

 

“Yeah, but their camp is far away from ours.” Zee said.

 

“What is their plan, why did they come to this village too?”

 

“They said our commandant takes too long to invaded this land, and maybe they will take offer his duty.”

 

Kimhan didn’t say anything, what will they do to this land? He asked in his mind.

AOM POV.

 

Mother told me to wear the western dress again, this one is simpler but has laces. I put a simple make up on me, and pull up my hairs. Van picked me up when the sun was starting to set. I didn’t go to the river today, I miss Kimhan so much, but I can’t go. Did he wait for me, there?

 

“You are so beautiful.” Van said, he stood up in front of me, he wore his gray suit and combed his hair, he used something to make it glossy. I gave him my fake smile. If someone said I am beautiful, it’s never affect me. “Shall we go?” He asked me, I nodded and walked to the car, I didn’t mind to hold his arm, I just can’t. He drove his car, it’s too much, we just go to night festival not so far from my house but he took his car, whatever, but I didn’t say anything.

 

“Why did you keep silent, Aom? Aren’t you happy?”

 

“I am happy, P’ Van, I just enjoying the street.” Again, showed him my fake smile.

 

“I know you are the silent one, but you still caught my attention.” Compliment again? Meh..

The day is going to night, we arrived only in a few minutes, I met so many villagers, Yam and Boy are there, Yam looks beautiful with her traditional clothes, she pulled up her hairs and put some accessories using flowers. Boy wore his traditional clothes too. I feel so wrong using this western dress here.

 

“Let me introduce you to my friends.” Van said. His friends are the son of some landlords in my village and the surrounding villages, he also introduced me to some Germany. How can they come here? I am curious but won’t ask. They offered me their hand but I gave them Thai traditional salute. And they laughed on me like I am a joke. Van put his arm on my shoulder, and it makes me uncomfortable. The festival is starting, Van and his friends, including me, sat on the bench with big wooden table, they bought the liquors, and started to play western gambling game using card, I have read it in some books, it’s poker, they use money to bet. It makes me feel more uncomfortable.

Kimhan POV.

 

The night festival is so crowd, I tried to find Aom, she might be here. I waited for her in the river today, but she didn’t come. I admitted that I miss her. Commandants Jean gave us permit to use our own clothes, because we are not in duty today, so I tried my best using my trouser with white shirt and suspenders, also my dark brown beret and my leather shoes. I shaved my self and Mike help me to cut my hair, I think I looked good now.

 

“You really looks like a gentleman, Kim!” Zee patted my shoulder, “let’s have some fun to night!” He said, and left me behind, in a couple second they already lost from my sight. But I saw Aom, she sat on the bench with wooden table, in the middle of some men and women, maybe their couples, gambling and drinking. Beside her is the man that I saw with her near the big lea back then. A

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter