One Last Kiss Part II

SpartAce Random One-Shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*In Jong Kook's car otw to the restaurant

Jong Kook looked at Ji Hyo who was sitting at the passenger's seat very quietly unlike usual where she would asked him how was that day's filming or told her story to him. He touched her thigh softly to gain her attention and the woman smiled to him. 

'What is it, oppa?'

It was not uncomfortable silence that was surrounding them but Jong Kook just felt weird with his girlfriend's lack of verbal actions.

'Why are you so quiet, Ji Hyo-yah? Are you okay?'

Ji Hyo leaned on her oppa's shoulder and linked arm with him. 

'I'm just tired, oppa. I'm okay, really.'

She let go of her oppa's arm and straightened herself. They just silently glanced at each other every now and then on the way to the restaurant. 

*At the restaurant

Jong Kook and Ji Hyo walked together to where their Running Man family and Yoo Eun Hye were waiting for them. Everyone smiled and welcomed them and told them to take their seats. Like always, the Commander and Ace sat side by side. But then, Ji Hyo suddenly excused herself to go to the toilet. Right after Ji Hyo disappeared from there, Eun Hye quickly sat on the chair vacated by Ji Hyo and smiled sweetly to the Commander.

Everyone looked at each other, not knowing what to do. Jong Kook was also looking at them, silently asking for help. He wanted to ask Eun Hye to change seat, but he was afraid that he would offend her. The other Running Men were also speechless.

When Ji Hyo came back and saw that Eun Hye had (shamelessly) taken her seat, she didn't say anything but just sat on the only empty seat, sandwiched between Gary and Kwang Soo. Jong Kook and the family looked at Ji Hyo apologetically but she just smiled at them.

Nobody said anything about it because they didn't want their guest to suspect anything. Not that the guest was stupid because she had been feeling this strange vibe from the family every time she tried to get close to the Commander. She was puzzled but she didn't say much. She thought that maybe they were all just tired.

Right after they all had placed their orders, suddenly the room turned dark. Eun Hye was startled and jumped on Jong Kook for protection while the man was frozen on his seat.

Suddenly, two figures came from somewhere bringing a birthday cake and singing 'saengil chukka hamnida' very loudly for Jong Kook. It was Ji Hyo and Kwang Soo who came with the cake while singing the birthday song and the family quickly joined and sang together for Jong Kook. Eun Hye quickly let go of Jong Kook while blushing furiously but nobody said anything about it. Ji Hyo was also keeping her calm expression although she felt a tinge of hurt when she saw that Eun Hye jumped and hugged the Commander tightly.

They all congratulated the Commander and hugged him. Jong Kook took the advantage to touch Ji Hyo's hand secretly with his eyes gazing lovingly at his woman. He thought that she had forgotten his birthday because she was so busy with work, but apparently the woman didn't. She actually managed to prepare the surprise event for him even though she was almost drowning in workload. The Commander cut the cake and the family cheered happily for him. Kwang

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter