One Last Kiss Part I

SpartAce Random One-Shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's note: I hate to think that one day Yoon Eun Hye would come to Running Man and the atmosphere would (probably) be awkward between them all (if the Commander and Ace are really together). I don't hate YEH (I even liked her in Goong and Coffee Prince(?)) but I just like Song Ji Hyo more. Some part of me want her to appear just to see how the Commander would behave around her, but some part of me detest that idea very much. But then, this is how i imagine things would be IF YEH decided to come to RM. 

To say the filming on Monday was awkward would be an understatement. The Running Man members were all shocked to see their special guest. As always, the national MC came to the rescue by randomly throwing some jokes and funny remarks to lighten the heavy atmosphere. The mentioned special guest was also flustered and embarrassed by the Running Man's unwelcoming reactions so much that the PD had to stop the first shoot and re-filmed the opening.

*BTS

'Annyeonghaseyo, Jae Suk oppa, Jong Kook oppa and everyone. Long time no see, eh.'

The Running Man family were all smiles and polite but the awkwardness was still in the air. It was not that they did not like the guest (because after all, she was also someone they had known for many years) but her appearance on the show was just so shocking. After all this while saying that she did not want to reignite certain memories with a certain someone and the fans' hope, here she was, wearing probably the most ridiculous outfit for Running Man shooting with a pair or killer high heels.

'Oh, Eun Hye ah. Welcome to the show. You look...stunning.' 

Jae Suk was the first to break the ice. Although a certain real couple on the show were his dongsaengs, but this woman standing in front of him was also a pretty close dongsaeng of him from the past. He did not want to offend her nor did he want to hurt his other dongsaengs but he had dearly hoped to god that they all could stay professional. 

Yoon Eun Hye smiled sweetly to her ex-co-star in Goong and greeted her cheerfully. Song Ji Hyo reciprocated her greeting in the same friendly manner (because after all, she was still her dongsaeng and they were not strangers to each other). The other casts were relieved to see that Ji Hyo was being professional but the weariness lingered in their hearts for they did not want to hurt her feeling. 

When Eun Hye went to greet Kim Jong Kook, the Commander acted casual with her. Every wishing fan thought that the man would act all shy and blushed by Eun Hye's presence but the truth was, time had passed so much that he was barely affected by that woman's presence anymore. What was past was past. The woman was just a friend from the past and a close dongsaeng and both of them knew the truth very well.

Just like how the Monday Couple of Running Man acted on screen, they also had done the same in their past show. However, their interactions were much more believable because they both were committed to it unlike the other couple where sometimes it could be clearly seen that only the Monday boyfriend put in the effort while the other half just put on her mong expression.

Jae Suk cleared his throat. His eyes stayed on his dongsaeng's mong face, worry that today's filming would hurt her in some way but the woman smiled warmly at him and slightly nodded to assure him that she was fine.

'I hope everyone stay professional on-screen and do your best to entertain the fans, ok. It is our job anyway.'

Everyone nodded. They understood very well what the Grasshopper hyung meant, but the guest was baffled by his remarks. Yoon Eun Hye was silently regretting her decision to come on the show. Maybe it was a bad decision after all although she needed the magical effect of promotion that only Running Man could do because the show had so many fans internationally. In addition, she did not realize how much the oppas who once were very close to her had changed. She had felt a tinge of hurt by the seemingly cold welcome from the casts. 

The filming resumed after everyone calmed down. The RM members were all cheers and admiration when the guest made her (second) appearance. They showered her with (fake) compliments and sweet words while the PD arranged the team.

It was unusual that the guest did not join Jae Suk's team, but for the sake of old times, the PD decided to put the guest in Jong Kook's team together with Impala Hyungnim and Kiddo Haha.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter