A new person?

Sweets of Life

Chapter 9 – A new person?

 

“..” I mumbled as I went out from the car.

 

(So, I actually hit someone. With this car)

 

“Hey miss, are you okay?” I said to the girl who was laying on the ground, groaning in pain.

 

“Hyung, hurry! Take her to the hospital!” Right, hospital. (I was really really stupid at that time, because it’s my very first time to involved in such case)

 

God. She’s bleeding on her back head.

 

“Sit with her on the back seat.” I said to Kyu and started the engine and drove as fast as I could to the hospital.

 

-----

 

“We should call her family..” Kyu said to me.


”Yeah, but how..”

 

“Her identity card of course..” Kyu said and asked one of the nurses to check on her purse.

 

“Park Shin Ae..” He read it out. Shin? Maybe it’s only a coincidence.

 

“I’ll call..” I said to him and dialed the number.

 

No one picked it up.

 

“What to do now?” Kyu asked.

 

“I think.. We should just wait for her to be awake..” I said.

 

“Are you really fine? Do you want to go home?” I asked him, I don’t know why, but Kyu had been worrying about her when we’re on our way here. (I was worried too okay, but his kind of worry was different from mine)

 

“Yeah.. I’m cool.”

 

“If you have something just tell me okay..” I patted his back.

 

-----

 

“Hyung, she’s awake!” Kyu woke me up.

 

“H-Huh?” I mumbled, not realizing what did he mean. “She’s awake??” I stood right up and went over her. Her forehead was covered by bandages.

 

“Hey, are you okay?” Kyu asked her, but she just stared blankly at the ceiling, then turned her head to Kyujong.

 

“Do I know you?” She asked.

 

“I’m Kyujong.. You were hit by our car earlier.. So we brought you here.”

 

“How are you feeling? Shin Ae sshi.” I asked her.

 

“Shin Ae? Who is Shin Ae?”

 

“Isn’t it your name? Park Shin Ae?”

 

“My name? Is it my name?” She asked. , don’t tell me she has a memory loss.

 

“You don’t remember?” I asked again, but she just shook her head. “I’ll call the doctor, you wait here..” I said to Kyu.

 

God, what’ve gotten into me. I’m so messed up these days.

 

(So, the doctor came a few moments later. And did some checks on her and then he told us to met him. Sorry if I didn’t explain all of it, but we only talked with the doctor and he said some things using other planet’s language which I already forgot, because I didn’t even bother to remember it back then)

 

So the doctor told me that she had a memory loss. It’s not permanent. She can get her memories back, just like what had happened to Kyu a few years back. But we can’t force her to remember it or else it’ll worsen her condition.

 

And so, I’ve mentioned before. Kyu seemed to be really care for her, but he kept saying nothing’s wrong and he just acted like the usual.

 

Saranghandago naman saranghandago geudae
mareul hae jweoyo naege hanbeonman sokssagyeojweoyo

Amudo moreuge uri dul manui bimilcheoreom
sarangeul haeyo mollae sarangeul haeyo

Sarangeul haeyo
uri sarangeul haeyo

 

I walked to Shin Ae’s room as I heard Kyu sang for her. Yeah, he could sing really good.

 

“Annyeonghaseyo Youngsaeng sshi.” She said to me once I went in.

 

“Hyung, you’re here.” Kyu said.

 

“Seems like she’s melting now.” I grinned at them.

 

“Kyujong oppa sang it for me because I was bored.” She pouted.

 

“Here, I bring you some cakes from the shop.” I said to them, I’ve been so busy lately at the shop because of Kyu’s absent. So I need to do both job, making the cakes and serving the customers.

 

“Anyway, what was the song called?” She asked him.


”It’s Confession..”

 

“Do you know where can I get it from?” She asked, actually I chuckled a little by her question. There’s no way she’s going to get it from a CD shop.

 

“Uh.. Actually.. It’s not available in any stores..”

 

“Wae?”

 

“Actually.. It’s the both of us who made the song..”

 

“Really?? You two could compose songs??” She asked, but my phone rang on the same time, so I went out to answer the call.

 

“Youngsaeng-ah.. Can we meet up tomorrow? I have something important enough to tell you..” I heard nuna said to me on the phone without even saying ‘Hi’ or ‘Hello, how have you been?’

 

“Wae.. I’m busy..” I lied.

 

“Cut the crap out, I know you’re not busy.. At all..” She said. “So meet me up at eleven tomorrow.. Usual place.” She continued.

 

“What if I refuse?”

 

“Fine. I’ll tell you the guy that was with me. Happy?”

 

“Geurae.. Seems to be fair enough..” I said after I thought of it a bit.

 

“See you tomorrow.”

 

I’ll be eagerly waiting for tomorrow. For what’s she going to tell me, and about the guy.