Plan A

Sweets of Life

Chapter 15 - Plan A

“You don’t want to be forced to inherit your family’s company right?”

“Really? What made you so sure about it?” She asked and still looking through the magazine. And that was when I realized the others were looking at us, including Kyujong and Shinae. I finished what I had to do as soon as possible and told her to talk in her office.

“Your face when you were reading that article was like an open book. And I know that you didn’t want to inherit your family’s company or whatever. Just the same like me.” I said to her once she closed the door behind her.

“You were forced too?” She asked. Seriously, this missy couldn’t read properly I think.

“It’s on the same page. Under your article. That article was about me.” I said, well at least “Heo Young Saeng” was written on it.

“Oh.” She said and began to read the article of me. “We both had a same type of parents.” She looked up.

“Bingo.”

“Anyway, what kind of play that you were talking about?”

“I’m planning on something. But I don’t think I could do it alone.”

“Well, I had one thing in mind too.. But I’m not sure you’ll agree with it.”

“Speak it out.”

-----

Okay, blame her if you’re wondering what I was doing at this kind of place.

“Excuse me boss..” I’ve became a “boss” now. And so is she. The play along idea was exactly my idea. But then she came up with a ridiculous idea which I had agreed to do it.

“The meeting will start in an hour.” The manager said and left.

Meeting and meeting. Is there something else other than meetings? Actually, I called my mother a few days ago. To inform her that I “agreed” to inherit this freaking company. Maybe she thought that I couldn’t live without money. But I’m not them. I’m not the one who’s wasting money like water.

And now I’m stuck here.

-----

Someone came to the meeting room.

“Hyung?” I heard a familiar voice. Then I looked up.

“Jungmin-ah..” I said as I got up from my seat. He’s back from overseas, but he’s now taking care of the main bakery.

“Why are you..” He stopped after I eyed him.

“So, you’re the one who’s asking for a proposal?” I said, distracting the topic. And pretend to get to the main topic.

“Uh.. Yeah.. My dad asked me to..” He said and looked around. Still confused of my presence here. Well, if my nuna sees this. She would be confused too. But she’s not at home. And I don’t know where is she now. But she’ll be just fine. Oh, even though I “joined” here. I still live with Kyujong.

So then the meeting turned out that we agreed to accept his proposal. Especially because I’m the CEO here now.

I went back home late at night and had to got up at eight in the morning. This is one of the reasons why I don’t want to be a boss.

A melody greeted me when I stepped my feet inside of the house. Shinae is playing again.

“Why don’t you ask her to go to the university with you?” I asked Kyujong, who was playing a video game while humming a song.

“I’ve asked.” He said.

”And?”

“She said she would think..”

“Oh, alright.” I said and went to the closet.

There’s a phrase, “Life is already hard, don’t make it even harder.” And yeah, my life’s hard. But it’s not me who make it harder. It’s those people who wouldn’t understand me.

“Hyung, nuna calls.” Kyujong shouted.

“Just pick it up.” I shouted back.

“She said she want to talk to you.” She knocked the bathroom’s door.

“Seriously.. I’m in shower now.” How could I pick up a call when I’m in shower?

“Heo Young Saeng! Pick up this call or I’ll come over!” I heard her yell.

“See. She want to talk to you.” Kyujong said and I opened the door, then he handed me my phone.

“Can’t you wait until I’m finished?” I said.

“No. Now tell me what’re you thinking with that head of yours.” She began. “Are you out of your mind? They wouldn’t let you go once you stepped to that place you know!” She continued.

“Whoa.. Breath nuna..”

“I’m serious here okay..” She said with a serious tone. Which I don’t really like it.

“Okay okay.. I have my own plan okay.. But I can’t tell you on phone.. If you want to meet me.. Well, meet me up at my current office by tomorrow..” I said.

”I’m so not going to forgive you if you’re not telling the truth okay.”

“Well, you owe me an explanation too..” I said.

“Uh, that.. That’s not your business..” Her tone changed. There must be something behind it.

“Then I won’t tell you why I did this.” I said.

”Fine! Fine I’ll tell you..” She said.

“Alright, see you tomorrow.” I hung up.

Just then, I received a text message.

From : Sooyun
Let’s meet up now, at the café.

It’s almost midnight and she want to meet up? God. Girls are so tiring.