The news

Sweets of Life

Chapter 14 – The news

 

“Seriously nuna.. What is this.” I said and placed the magazine on the table. So yeah, I went back to home. Because nuna had clearly stated that they were gone for a business trip again. But I won’t stay here though.

 

“What?” She asked and took off her headphones. She looked at the table and then her eyes widened.

 

“Where did you find this?”

 

“Bookstore.”

 

“God.. What are all these things.” She said and read through the article. I’ve never imagined I have such a non-understanding parent. And I could’ve sworn that article was my mom’s doing.


”You didn’t know about this?” I asked her.


”Oh please Youngsaeng. I would’ve told you before if I knew any of these okay.” She said. “They must’ve done this before they went.”

 

“When will they back?”

 

“A few days from now.”

 

“Call me when they’re back.” I said and left. Because I still have to work, moreover Sooyun is my new boss.

 

“Hey. Stay here for a bit.” She pulled me back and dragged me to the couch. “Are you hiding something?”

 

“Even if I do. I won’t tell you. Well, not yet at least.”

 

“It’s up to you.”

 

“So, are you done? Can I go now?”

 

“No.. I’ve ordered a pizza. You have to eat with me.”

 

“You’re giving me goose bumps.”

 

“Shut up, just eat when it’s here will you.” She smacked my head lightly and went to her room.

 

So then, the bell rang. And I had to took the delivery since nuna was in her room.

 

“Oh, it’s you again.” I said when I realized he was the same delivery boy who delivered the pizza to me back then. Hyunjoon if I’m not wrong.


”Oh.” He said, and looked behind me. “Your house?”

 

“Why did you ask?” I asked him.

 

“No.. If you have a house as this big.. Why would you have to work at a café.” He said.


”It’s a friend’s house.” I lied. But then nuna came out.

 

“Yah. What took you so long?” She said, her gaze stopped at Hyunjoong. Hyunjoong hung his head low and handed me the pizza.

 

“H-Hyunjoong?” Nuna said.

 

“I have to go now.” Hyunjoong said and then run off the street.

 

“Yah! The payment!” I yelled.

 

“Hyunjoong wait!!” Nuna ran after him. Yelling his name. They must’ve known each other. Or else why would he ran away from nuna right?

I took a slice of the pizza and left a note for nuna. “You owe me an explanation. Peace out.” That’s what the note said. So then I left home, didn’t forget to bring the magazine along and went back to the café. Or else. My so called new “boss” would went.. You know what.

 

“Oh, you both are here.” I said when I saw Kyujong together with Shinae were at the café.

 

“She wanted to take a look. So I brought her here.” He said. “Uh hyung? So she’s our new boss?” He asked. I just nodded and went to the kitchen.

 

“Do you want anything?” I asked Shinae. She was looking around the café.

 

“You can just make one for me at home oppa.” She smiled.

 

And then the “highness” came from upstairs.

 

“I thought you’re not going to work here anymore.” She said. All of the employees here know that we’re mortal enemies. Moreover after she replaced Jungmin and became my boss. She’s not bossy though. But she’s so annoying when she talk to me, but not others.

 

“You’re not going to be my boss like forever okay.. There’s no point for me to quit.” I said while making up the orders. And Kyu just shook his head while listening to our conversation while Shinae was helping him.

 

“What the.” She mumbled when she saw the headline of the magazine that I brought along.

 

“Oh. You’re surprised too? I thought you had this all planned.”

 

“Haha. Seriously.. Not funny.” She said and read the article. “They really want me to claim a war with them.” She mumbled again.

 

“Well, we both have the same thoughts. But, don’t you think it’ll be more than just fun if we play along?”

 

“What do you mean?”