Royalties?

Sweets of Life

Chapter 8 – Royalties?

 

“Y-youngsaeng nim!! Wait!!” Okay, it was my housekeeper.

 

“Nim? Are you somekind of highness or something?” Soo Yun asked. And she even had time to ask about that while we’re running.

 

“Keep that question for later.” I said and made a turn to the right and we hid behind the wall while the housekeeper kept running straight. So stupid.

 

“That was fast..”

 

“What?” I asked while gasping for some air.

 

“You run fast.. I thought.. Nothing.” She stopped. I knew what was she going to say even she didn’t say it. Just like everyone has thought about me, they thought I can’t run fast. But seriously, I’m just chubby and am not fat.

 

“It’s okay.. I know what you’re talking about.. Many people had mentioned about that actually..”

 

“Oh really? Well, no wonder though..” She said.

 

No wonder? What did she mean by that?

 

“I was only joking okay.. Anyway, may I ask something?”

 

“Go on.”

 

“Mind to tell me what just happened?”

 

“Uhm..” I hesitated for a second, but I don’t think I need to hide it from her. “Fine.. But after I shut my stomach up..”

 

-----

 

“So, you and Jungmin are cousins huh?”

 

“Yeah.. Isn’t it obvious?”

 

‘Uhm.. No, actually you two looked like a couple..”

 

“We’re that close but that doesn’t mean we’re couple.”

 

“It depends on how people look at it. But usually when a man and woman are really close with each other, people would think that they’re a couple.” I said after I ordered two scoops of vanilla ice cream.

 

“So what do you expect? I and Jungmin hitting each other?” She asked.

 

“It’s not like that.. Eish.. You made me even more hungrier than before.. You’re not going to order up?” I asked her, changing the topic. Because I didn’t have any mood to argue.

 

“No.. Anyway, you haven’t tell me about what happened earlier?”

 

“You wouldn’t believe me even if I do..”

 

“It depends..”

 

“Fine.. I ran from my house.. Actually my parents chased me out indirectly..”

 

“And?”

 

“And they sent their men to look for me now.” I said, but just as I thought. She made a ridiculous face. “See.. You wouldn’t believe it.”

 

“No.. It’s not that.. I mean.. It’s like you came from a royal family.” She chuckled. Well, It’d be good if I’m not.

 

“Uhm.. Since it’s not even important, let’s just forget it..”

 

*riing riing*

 

“Yeoboseyo?”

 

“Hyung? Where are you?”

 

“Oh, you’re done already?”

 

“Yeah, could you pick me up now?”

 

“Sure, see you..” Then we hung up.

 

“I need to go,, I’ll see you some time..” I said and walked away.

 

“Yah! You’re not cool at all you know!” She shouted. I don’t know why, but I sensed a smile from that tone. Well, maybe she’s a lil bit annoying. But she’s cute.

 

-----

 

“Waeyo? You look.. Terrible.” I said to him once I arrived. He looked totally messed up.

 

“I’ve been thinking lots of things.” He said and heaved a sigh.

 

“Just don’t push yourself okay..” I said and went back in to the driver seat.

 

“Where did you go hyung?” He asked out of the blue.

 

“The usual, wae?”

 

“No wonder you’re wearing that shades..” He said, I know he’s trying to be happy. But he’s totally failed, it’s really obvious right now that he’s under pressure.

 

He’s really stubborn sometimes, he tried so hard to get his memories back. I didn’t know how much pain he had been through. But it must be lots.

 

------

 

We were almost there on the empty and silent road. But something distracted me when I heard a loud scream from somewhere.

 

“Hyung! Watch out!”