Her plan

Sweets of Life

Chapter 10 – Her plan

 

“Hey, seriously.. What’ve gotten into you?” I asked Kyujong. We were sitting on the couch while he was watching Shin Ae sleeping. She’s not awake yet.

 

It was still two more hours until my meeting with nuna, and the shop was closed. So I just went here.

 

“What’ve gotten into me? What do you mean?”

 

“It’s my first time to see you like this.. You care a lot for her..”

 

“Wae.. It’s normal.. Know what hyung..”

 

“Huh?”

 

“Seems like this is called love at the first sight..” He grinned.

 

“Aish.. Quit playing around. You’re never serious when it comes to a girl.. Well, except her though..”

 

“Well, at least I am now..” He smiled.

 

“Oh, it’s nuna..” I mumbled when I saw someone’s name appear on my phone screen.

 

“It’s still nine.. Why did you call?” I said once I went out from the room to answer the call.

 

“Is there a new law that you can’t call anybody under nine in the morning?” She asked.

 

“Yeah.. Heo Young Saeng made it a few minutes ago..”

 

“Shut it kiddo..”

 

“Oh, she’s still there? When will she go away from that house?” I asked her when I heard our ‘lovely’ mother’s voice echoed on the house.

 

“I don’t know.. Could we just meet now?”

 

“Why?”

 

“I’m dead bored here..” She said then hung up. Jeez. So cold.


----

 

I have one place that I always go to. Even up until now. It’s a main park on our neighborhood. It held a lot of memories of mine. Both sad and happy memories. Even my love life was all started there. And it was ended there too. (See, both sad and happy memories are there)

 

I don’t know why, but I always bring a notebook and a pen when I come here. It’s like I got so many inspirations at once when I was there. So it had become a habit.

 

Nanhamkkehan sigan soge
neoreul kkeonae-eoponda
oraedoen sigan sok
neowaui kieok
chinaon ireum eoptneun kieok

 

“It’s not polite to see on someone’s artwork without permission..” I said when I heard my nuna was reading the words out loud.

 

“Seriously.. You need to start a new page for your love story..”

 

“It’s not as east how it looks like..”

 

“I’ve told you so many times before—“

 

“That she’s not worth it. She’s not worthy enough for you.” I continued her sentence. “Seriously nuna, you don’t have to say the same thing for almost a thousand times.. I got it okay..”

 

“Yah! Even though you annoyed me so much. I was still trying to help you.. Be thankful at least..”

 

“Okay.. Thank you.. Do you need a kiss?”


”I don’t like mushrooms okay..” Well, mushrooms mean mushy people. “How’s life anyways?” She asked.

 

“I actually hit someone.. By a car..”

 

“I was serious and you’re already joking.” She said. Couldn’t she look at my face. Does it seem like I was joking?

 

“It’s true??” She asked again. I just nodded and she started to asked a few more questions. So I explained it all to her. Starting from a to z.

 

-----

 

“Park Shin Ae.. Shin Ae? Seems like I’ve heard of her..” She tilted her head, thinking.

 

“What are you going to tell me anyway?” I asked while I was continuing the unfinished poem.

 

“Well, it’s something about the guy that you met actually..”

 

“So.. Is he another toy or something?” I asked. And she looked at me as if something’s on my face. “What?”

 

“So, or family was up is a war with another big company..” Please, don’t let me hear some of these things. “Just listen.”

 

“I’m listening.”

 

“So, I believe even if you don’t care about the company thingy, but you wouldn’t let them to ruin our family would you?” Okay, it seems a little bit confusing.


”And?”

 

“And. You should play along with me, to get as many information as you could from that family okay?”

 

“What should I do then?”

 

“Simple, you just need to get close with someone?” Jeez, I bet she’s talking about a girl.

 

“Who?”