The second meeting

Sweets of Life

Chapter 7 – The second meeting

 

I’d never gone into this kind of situation. When everything’s mix up. We were both having a problem. He met his uncle again after a long time. And I don’t even know what I should do now because of my (sorry, but I couldn’t hold it any longer) stupid parents.

 

“Yah hyung are you done?”

 

“In a minute.” I feel like laying on my bed and go back to sleep. I was darn sleepy.

 

“Aish.. Come on.. Here, put this. Your hairstyle look awful..” He gave me my beanie.  

 

“My hair? Why didn’t you tell me earlier.” I said, attempting to go back to my closet to fix my hair, but he pulled me instead.

 

“No no, no need to fic your hair. Kaja.” Then he dragged me outside.

 

“You got the tulips already?”

 

“Of course. A bunch of it..” He said and stared into the emptiness in front of him for a moment. He must be thinking about her. “Oh hyung, you drive.” He tossed the key to me. So, we went to the cemetery. It’s an hour and half drive from Seoul.

 

-----

 

“It has been so long since last I went here.” I said, looking around. The cemetery was in the countryside. So peaceful.

 

He took the tulips from the backseat and a faint smile formed on his face. Just like what I’ve said. He’s not as strong as he showed it to people. Sometimes I feel bad for him. But sometimes, I just couldn’t understand him. Sometimes he acted strong, trying to carry the burden by himself. But there were times when I saw him crying all night long.

 

“Someone came.” He snapped me out from my thoughts. Someone came? No one ever came to her tomb except Kyu, me or nuna.

 

“You didn’t see it wrong did you?”

 

“I didn’t.” He said and went closer. It was definitely another bunch of tulips in front of her tomb. And.. A letter?

 

“Should I open it?”

 

“Go on..”

 

“Hyun-ae.. Annyeong.. It’s nuna. I’m sure you can’t read this but, I know someone would read it for you..” He stopped and looked at me.

 

“It’s not my nuna. Go on.” I said to him.

 

“So, how are you up there? Nuna is very sorry because nuna can’t be by your side for years. Oh, and how’s your brother? I’m sure you’re taking a good care of him right? I really wish I could see the both of you now. So, see you some time Hyun-ae.. Love, Shin.”

 

“Shin? You know her?” I asked him, but his face was completely confused.

 

“No. I don’t know, my head hurts.”

 

“It’s okay.. Don’t push yourself.” He was once had an amnesia. But most of his memories were back. Even though there’re small parts of it that he couldn’t remember. And you could see that Kyujong had been through so many kinds of situation.

 

About the letter, maybe this Shin was someone who was closed to them. Because I didn’t have any clue of who is Shin.


”Do you need some time to be alone?” I asked. He nodded, so I left him alone there. Because I also need some time to ease my mind for a while.

 

-----

 

“One hot chocolate please.” I went by a mall, I couldn’t resist of walking on the streets anymore, since it’s almost winter and the temperature starting to get colder and colder.

 

It has been so long since I went out alone like this. Usually I went out with nuna or Kyu.

 

“Uhm sir? Your hot chocolate.” The employee looked at me weirdly. It wasn’t really weird to wear beanie and shades at mall right?

 

“Oh, thanks.”

 

“Aw, watch out.” A girl said, loud enough so that even I could hear it.

 

There was a guy bumped onto a girl. But he just left her alone, didn’t even bother to help her. Jeez, the world changed a lot.

 

“Hey, you okay?” I said, offering my hand to help her.

 

“Uh.. Thanks..” She said and took my hand. She’s fixing her clothes when I finally realized that she was Jungmin’s guest from yesterday.

 

“Oh.. You are?” She said, but I put one finger on my lips.

 

“Yeah, it’s me..” I said to her with a low voice. People might think that I’m crazy, but seriously. My parents were like having so many eyes here and there. And moreover there’re these weird people and seems like they’re following me.

 

“Are you disguising or something?” She asked.

 

“No..” I said. “I-I mean yes..” Oh no. Seems like those people really are weird.

 

“Do you mind if we.. go together?”

 

“Hmm? Together? Sure, why not..” So yeah, our first talk started here.

 

“Youngsaeng sshi? Right?” She asked me.

 

“Right. What about yours?”

 

“Han Soo Yun.”

 

“I thought you’re not Korean.”

 

“But I’m a Korean citizen..” She corrected.

 

“Oh, so what’re you doing here? Soo Yun sshi?”

 

“To have some fun.. What about you? Wearing shades and things to disguise..”

 

“Hmm, frankly.. Someone’s looking for me.”

 

“So you don’t want to be catch by that someone?”

 

“Uh, yeah..” I said, without even realizing that we were keep walking straight.

 

“Ah.. I’ve got something to ask you.”

 

“What is it?”

 

“So, you’re working in my cousin’s café?” Oh, so she’s Jungmin’s cousin.

 

“Yeah, why?”

 

“It’s just really nice, the sweets you made.”

 

“Really? Tha—Hey watch out!” I said when someone bumped onto me, a hard bump. And that he made my shades fell off.

 

“So many people didn’t look around when they’re walking today..” She mumbled.

 

Oh crap.

 

“Sorry, are you okay?” That person said. I just nodded and hung my head low.

 

“Hey, run on my signal okay.” I whispered to her.

 

“What?” She asked.


”Y-youngsaeng.. nim?” That person said.

 

“NOW!” I said and grabbed her hand.