Kyujong's story part 1

Sweets of Life

Chapter 6 – Kyujong’s story part 1

 

“Yah! Get out from here from the back door..!” I said to him when he was going to get out from the main entrance. What a babo..

 

“Aish.. I couldn’t think straight right now..” He was always like that. He got panic all over whenever he saw him.

 

Okay, that him.. We can call him as Kyujong’s uncle. But you’ll think he didn’t look like one after I tell you this story. (Ah.. I would just tell you the point of the story okay.. Because it was a long one.. I could make it up until 10 pages if I explain the whole story).

 

So yeah, he’s Kyujong’s uncle. And mainly, he’s my parents’ friend or what so ever. So uhm.. I’ve told you right? That Kyu was once kidnapped. And it was done by him. Know why? Just a usual problem among some rich fellas. Money. The only thing they had in mind. Well, at first they were all getting along with each other. Kyujong’s family and his uncle’s family.

 

Kyujong’s grandfather owned the biggest advertising company in Korea. And Kyujong’s uncle only inherited a small share of it while Kyujong inherited most of it. Yeah, it’s Kyujong who inherited, not his father. Kyujong was his grandfather’s precious jewel, somekind like that. Kyujong could only inherit the wealth when he was eighteen. And so now he’s twenty, so he had it with him. (It’s confusing right? Even me, myself are confused with my own words).

 

Oh, and he had a younger sister. Sadly she passed away. Because of his parents. Actually, he was kidnapped together with his sister. But yeah, since they were only kids back then (Kyu was about.. thirteen? And his sister was 6 years younger). So his sister couldn’t take it any longer. Kyu was holding a grudge against his uncle, but he changed a lot now. I don’t know why but he just changed. He’s started to think more mature than he used to. (Okay, that’s enough for now.. Let’s just continue to what happened in the shop.. Kyujong is sending his protest behind me now).

 

“Hyung.. Hurry up, I don’t want to see his face.. I might flared up anytime..” He said to me. Well, he’s avoiding him. And moreover I bet that man is still after him. Even up till now.

 

“Hey hey hey hey..” I shouted to him when he already left the shop, almost running. Weird right? I don’t know why, but he just ran. “Slow down will you??”

 

“Why did he has to appear all of a sudden..” He said between his breathing.

 

“Wae.. You’re not like the usual..”

 

“I just don’t want him to make me remember what I had been trying to forget.. Tomorrow is the day.. Remember?”

 

“Oh.. Yeah..” I said, I remember of course. No way I couldn’t. The day when they took everything from him. The day when they took away his happiness. (Shut it Kyu.. Or I’ll tell everyone about your secret – Sorry, he was sounding his protest.. again).

 

“Should we go somewhere now? I think we should go and have some fun.”

 

-----

 

“Hyung hyung.. Please.. I’ll do whatever you want but not this one okay..” He pleaded like a little kid who didn’t want to get injected by a syringe.

 

“Yah! You’re twenty and you’re still scared of those things.. Aigoo.. See, even a nine years old kid is riding on the ride.” I said, pointing and that kid on the roller coaster ride.

 

“I don’t care.. It’s creepy.. See, they turned upside down!!”

 

“It’s not like they’ll fall.. Aish you.. Just come..” I said and drag him to the queue.

 

“Hyung.. Please.. Just this time okay? Let me go just this once..”

 

“No way.. You’ve postponed it for a couple of months already.. Now it’s the time..” Yeah. We had a bet before and he lose. So he has ride the roller coaster. But he was too afraid back then, so I let him go.

 

“I’m doomed..” He mumbled and gave up.

 

-----

 

“Stop.. Laughing..”

 

“But your expression was too.. Aigoo.. I’ll.. die from.. laughter..” I said while gasping for some air.

 

“Aish.. Let’s go back now.. I’ve fulfilled my promise..” He said, tugging on my shirt. “Ah.. Isn’t that..” He said, referring to someone.

 

Nuna.

 

“Didn’t you say nuna’s at home?” Kyujong asked me.

 

“Well.. I didn’t say that..” I didn’t say that nuna’s at home, but I thought that she’s at home. Since she knew what’s going on at that freaking house. “Let’s go, before she sees us..”

 

“Look who’s here.. Instead of studying at his uni, he’s playing around in an amusement park with his friend..” I heard nuna said behind me. Oh, one thing.. Lions can run very fast.

 

“Nuna.. Annyeong?” Kyujong said.

 

“I thought you’re at home..” I said to her with a straight face.

 

“Yeah, I was at home.. But I need to have some fun to lighten up my mind.. And yet you left me alone in that house..” She knocked my head hard. And I realized there was a guy beside her.

 

“Who?” I said to her, referring to the guy beside her.

 

“There’s no need for you to know boy..”

 

“I’m your brother okay..” I said to her, but I don’t know why. This kid behind me was holding his laughter.

 

“Aish, we’ll talk about that topic later.. Uhm.. No one was following you right?” She whispered.

 

“Are you trying to be a James Bond? There’s not even a single dog was following me.”

 

“Yah! I was worried! Was that the way how you were supposed to answer me?”

 

“Eish.. I’ll talk to you later. Anyways.. I’ll find out who is that guy.” I whispered to her. Well, I’ve been thinking maybe he’s her new boyfriend or what so ever.

 

“See you some time nuna!” Kyujong waved to her.

 

Okay.. What should we do now.. Because I had this kind of feeling since we arrived here.. That’s something is going to happen for sure.

 

“Hyung.. Will you help me prepare the things I need for tomorrow?”

 

“Hmm? Sure..”

 

So here we are. Both me and Kyujong. Wandering around the amusement park, waiting for a brand new day for us. And yeah. We never know what’ll happen tomorrow.