The magazine must be lying

Sweets of Life

Chapter 13 – The magazine must be lying

 

“So.. You’ll be staying here until you’ve fully recovered. Is that okay?” Kyujong said to her once we arrived.

 

“Your home?” She asked. I was actually a bit surprised. Because most of the people that were brought here would ask “Where am I?”.

 

“Yeah..” Kyu said, he looked at me for a second and continued. “Waeyo?”

 

“No.. It just seemed familiar.” She said. “You two live together?” She asked me and Kyu.


”We weren’t before.. But I moved in.”

 

“Why?”

 

“No particular reason though.” I smiled at her.

 

“I’ll take this first.” I said to them when my phone rang. They both went in the house.

 

“Yeoboseyo?”

 

“Have you met her?” I heard nuna’s voice.


”Come on nuna.. How many times do you have to call me today? It’s the third time already.. Do you miss me that much?”

 

“.. You’re not answering my question.”

 

“I’ve met her okay.. Happy now?”

 

“Not until you get a lot of information about her familiy.. Anyway.. How was she?”

 

“Are you going to do matchmaking or do you want me to get a lot information from her?”

 

“Can’t you answer my question first? Then you can freely speak out your thoughts.” She said.

 

Well, my first impression was at the café. Not the meeting just now.

 

“She’s cool.. And pretty.”

 

“Ah.. I was right then..”

 

“You were right?”

 

“Nothing.. Well, hope the both of you will get along.” She giggled then hung up. She’s childish. Like always.

 

I heard the melody of violin on my way back to the house. A very soft yet sad tone. I’ve never heard anyone played the violin this emotional. Kyu’s style of playing the violin isn’t like this.

 

I went to the music room. The most possible place to play music.

 

And there was Shin Ae, standing while closing her eyes. Enjoying every single melody she played. Both I and Kyujong were in silent for minutes. Waiting until she’s done.

 

“Oh mianhe.. I was too enjoyed..” She said when she looked at us, looking at her. “Wae? Is it bad?” She asked again.


”Are you kidding? It’s amazing.” I mumbled.

 

“I didn’t know that you can play violin.” Kyu said.

 

“I just felt that I’ve played it many times before.” She said, putting the violin back into its case.

 

-----

 

“I’m off..” I was going to go to the shop in the early morning, because I haven’t had much time to make more cakes to be sold.


”Is it okay if you’re alone? Want me to accompany you?” Kyu asked me.

 

“It’s okay.. I know you wanted to stay.. So just stay.. I’ll be back later.” I said and went to the shop.

 

There shouldn’t be anyone on the shop yet. But the door wasn’t locked.

 

“Hello?” I spoke in the darkness.

 

“You’re here earlier than I expected.” Someone said and the light .


”Why.. Are you here?” I said and looked around. Make sure that I didn’t enter the wrong shop. Because it was early morning. And the first person I saw at the shop was Sooyun.

 

“You didn’t know it yet? Jungmin is going to go overseas for a few weeks. So I’m in charge of this shop now.”

 

“Uh.. Sorry but no.. I didn’t know. So why are you here? At this time.” I asked and unpacked the things I bought to make the cakes.

 

“I just wanted to look around.” She said. “Anyway.. In case that you didn’t notice.. I’ll be your boss from now on.” She continued.

 

“I’m not stupid that I couldn’t notice that.” I said and took out all of my things. “Could you stop that?”

 

“What?”

 

“Looking at me.” I said without even looking up.

 

“You know.. You should lower your confidence too mister..”

 

“What should I do if it’s the truth?” I said and she walked away to “her” office.


-----

 

“Two blueberry cheesecakes. Please wait for a moment. And just call me if you need anything.” Sooyun said to the customers.

 

“Yah.. Two bluberry cheesecakes.” She said to me. Jeez. She turned into a completely different person when she’s in front of me. Then she walked away to take another order.


”You two seemed to be close huh?” One of the employee smirked.

 

“Close? Seriously.. With her?” I said and shook my head. Felt like I won’t get along with her. Well, first. She’s moody, and she’s a real brat when she’s on a bad mood or even with a good one. And second, I have another intention and reason to not to get really close to her.

 

-----

 

“Yah. Where are you going?”

 

“Is it that important that you have to know it?” I asked. It was already night. And we were the last on the shop because everyone had left.

 

“At least I’m your boss okay..” She said. I didn’t get the point of keep mentioning that she’s “my boss”.

 

“You’re my boss at the shop.. But not here..” I said.

 

“Aish.. Whatever..” She said and walked away. “See you tomorrow.” She continued.


I went to a bookstore before I went back to the house.

 

I took one of the business magazine. Wanted to see what has been going on between my family and hers. Cool right? I searched for any information about my own family in a magazine.


The next generation of Korea's biggest advertising company.

 

The Han’s co production is one of the biggest advertising company in Korea beside Double S company. The chairman’s youngest child, Han Soo Yun will be soon inheriting the Han’s co production’s chairman position. Whilst the Double S’s chairman position will be soon inherited by Heo Young Saeng.

 

What the?