A new meeting + Kyujong's story part ½

Sweets of Life

Chapter 3 - A new meeting + Kyujong's story part  ½

 

If I were to be born once again in this world. I don’t want to have such parents like that. Money, wealth, money again, wealth again. Those are the only things they had in mind. ‘You have to inherit this company!’ They said those things without even thinking the disadvantages (because there’re no advantages). When will they realize that they’re wrong.

 

“Yah! Watch out!!”

 

“What-“ I stopped when a bike actually hit me. Yeah, it hit me.

 

“Aw.. Mianhae..” He said, rubbing his hand. “You okay?” Offering his hand.

 

“Huh? Yeah.. I’m fine..” I said, taking his hand.

 

A cute guy (well, maybe it’s weird if I said a guy was cute, but that’s the truth). His hair was styled and he’s wearing just a plain T-shirt paired with a khaki shorts.

 

“Are you really fine?” He asked, looking at my face. Actually I was relieved. I hate it when they came with ‘Oh, you’re from the Heo! You must be rich!’ What’s the point of that thing. Really. But this guy in front of me didn’t say those things.

 

“Yeah, no worries..”

 

“I’m really sorry. I lost control of my bike..”

 

“It’s not a big deal okay..” I smiled at him. But he just looked straight at my face. As if there’s something on my face. “Why?” I asked.

 

“Nothing.. I never saw someone who had dimples like yours..”

 

“Oh..” They said I’m cute. Especially with my dimples. Even my sister said I’m cute but annoying. “Anyway, what’s your name? I’m Youngsaeng by the way..” I asked him, it just didn’t feel right if you’re talking to someone that you didn’t even know his name.

 

“Kim Hyung Jun, just call me Hyungjun.. Uhm.. Are you by any chance younger than me?”

 

“I’m 86ers..” It’s a good thing if you looked younger than you were. But I just didn’t like it when people saying that I’m the dongsaeng.

 

“Really..? You’re my hyung then.. Can I just call you hyung?”

 

“Yeah sure, anyway.. Are you new here?”


”Yeah, I just moved..” Ah.. No wonder.

 

“Okay.. I guess I’ll see you soon Hyungjun..”


”Are you going somewhere?”

 

“Well, yeah.. Why?”

 

“I could give you a ride.. If you want.. For my apologies..” He said with an apologetic smile. Hmm.. A ride? Well, not bad though.

 

“Okay, if you don’t mind of course..”

 

“Where is your destination?” He asked.

 

“You know the big house near the park?”

 

“You’re going there?”
 

“Yes..”

 

“Okay then.. My house is not far from there too..”

 

-----

 

“I never thought it’s this big.. Your friend live in there?” He said in an awe once we arrived at Kyujong’s house.

 

“Well.. Yeah..” I gave him a weak smile.


”Oh.. I got to go now.. I’ll see you around Youngsaeng hyung..” He waved at me and left. A nice guy. I think he gets along with everyone.

 

“Kyujong-ah.. I’m in front of your house..” I said on the phone. His house was incredibly big. With an Olympic size swimming pool, a basketball court, and a tennis court. His house was covered in white, a classic style house. Like a mansion.


”What are you doing here? It’s eight at night..” He said, opening the gate for me. Weird right? He opened the gate by himself even though there’re house keepers.


”I’ll stay over your house okay?”

 

“Huh? Why?”

 

“Same thing happened..” I said and went in.

 

“How long will you stay here?” He asked, catching up with me.

 

“I don’t know.. I’m not thinking of going back to that place..”

 

“You serious?”


”Did you think I’m having fun here?” Then we went in, it was a 3 storey mansion with 3 wings on each floor.

 

“Hyung.. Your promise..” He said.

 

“Huh?” I asked. But then he dragged me to the kitchen. “Aish.. Can’t you see I’m tired..”

 

*grumble*

 

“Yeah.. But you’re hungry.” He said at me, smiling. “You can make two.. One for me and another one for you.”

 

Right.. I haven’t eaten yet. Because of the war before.

 

“Fine..” I gave up. First, I never really had a chance to win over this kid. And second, I’m dead hungry.

 

-----

 

“So, you’ll be back to the shop by tomorrow right?”


”Yeah.. I think so.” I said and ate my last bite of my cheese cake. I only made a simple one. But a simple cake even took about an hour until it finished.

 

It’s a different case on the shop. I usually made the cake first and kept it there. So I just need to add some finishing for it when someone ordered.

 

“Anyway hyung.. Jungmin said that the shop would be having a special guest tomorrow. He was really hoping that you can come tomorrow. And his wish come true.”

 

“Huh? Who?”

 

“I don’t know.. He didn’t spit it out.. Come on.. I want to lock up my room today.. I don’t wanna go to uni tomorrow..”

 

“Aigoo.. You lazy Gorilla..”

 

You must be wondering why he called me when he wanted to sleep right? It’s because I sleep in his room. He hated being alone. Because he was once kidnapped by a few kidnappers of course. And he was left alone in the dark, he didn’t eat for days until my sister found out (yeah, we’re that close.. me, kyu and my sister).

 

“I still didn’t get it how you manage to take all these burdens by yourself..”

 

“It has become a like a daily activity now.. Even though there’re sometime I missed her.. But I just realized that she won’t get back to live.” I could hear he was sniffing a little while he said that.

 

He’s always been happy if you look at it from his face. But you never know that actually he had such a painful past.

 

“See you in the morning hyung.”

 

“Yeah.. Sleep well..” I said, facing the other side. He didn’t really need to act strong actually. But he had his own reasons.

 

And, as you could see we’re not just friends. We’re just like brothers.