Why her?

Sweets of Life

 

Chapter 11 – Why her?

 

“I’ve arranged a meeting for you two uhm.. In two days.”

 

“You even arranged it?” I asked. Seriously, I could arrange it myself. Or am I going to get a girl for a date that she had to arranged it for me?

 

“Firstly, you don’t know her okay.” That’s true, but I’m twenty and I always have my own way.

 

“So do you?”

 

“Oh yeah.. I do.. And I know her really well. Okay?”

 

“Fine. Go on..”

 

“So yeah, you better go or else..” She said and gave a deadly stare to me.

 

“... We’ll see.” I said and walked away.

 

“I’ll text you the place later.”

 

-----

 

Okay, I didn’t really get it why I had to do nuna a favor.

 

*riing riing*

 

“Has she there yet?”

 

“Nope, not a single young lady is here.. Do want me to meet all of the ahjumma?”

 

“Stop complaining.. She should be there already anyways.”

 

“Oh seriously nuna.. Arranging a meeting in a market it the most ridiculous idea I’ve ever heard.”

 

“Just wait.. Don’t keep whining.” She said and hung up. Jeez, she didn’t even tell me the girl’s name.

 

So there was someone, right after nuna hung up on me. Wearing a brown sweater paired with skinny jeans.

 

I couldn’t see her face since she’s wearing shades. But she’s walking onto my direction.

 

Okay, she just waved her hand at me. Weird.

 

“Wow, we meet again.. What are you doing here?” She said, taking off her shades.

 

“Soo Yun sshi.. W-why are you here?” It’s not her right? It seems like it’s no fun that she’s the one that I will meet after all.

 

“I’m waiting for someone, but he seems to be late or I don’t know.” She said. So, she’s waiting for someone too? “Well, what about you?” She asked.

 

“Same, I’ve been waiting for someone.” I said. But it felt kind of weird. That we were both waiting for someone, here in this market.

 

“Why are you meeting someone in the market?”

 

“Well, what about you?”

 

“I need to buy something, so we’re going to meet up here.” She said.

 

And there’re some people behind them. A bunch of guys (I seriously hate when there’re some guys wearing black suit with their shades on, do they think they’re Cody banks’ friends?)

 

So, those guys started to pointing her and there. One of them scanned around the crowd. I don’t know why I need to keep attention on those guys. But I have a bad feeling about this.

 

“Omoni.. How much for the meat?” I heard someone said.

 

“Ten thousand won..” The ahjumma said.

 

“Seriously, the price is getting higher and higher day by day.” Soo Yun said, I turned to look, and one who was bargaining was someone that I met when I just ran away from my house.

 

“Jinja? So expensive.. Omoni, can you lower the price a little bit?” He pleaded. He really can act cute.

 

“Alright.. Eight thousand won for you kid..” She finally gave in and sold it to him. He looked really happy, just like a little child that got a lollipop.

 

“Hyung!” He waved at me and came onto my direction.

 

Crap, I forgot his name.

 

“What are you doing here?” Oh, I remembered.


”Oh, Hyungjun-ah.. I’m waiting for someone.. Seems like you’re shopping huh?”

 

“Yeah, for my mom. Your girlfriend?” He said, and bowed at her.

 

“No.” I wanted to say something more but then I realized someone’s locked his gaze upon me.

 

Shoot. I’m busted.


”Uh.. See you two later..” I said and went away from them without even hearing their goodbyes.

 

Why when I met her, I was always caught by those nerds.

 

-----

 

“Yah, have you met her already?” Nuna called me.

 

“You didn’t even give me her name, how am I supposed to know?” I said while I was searching for a spot to hide for a while. Well, those nerds are stupid after all. They wouldn’t find me easily.

 

“Oh, you didn’t even ask, Youngsaeng sshi.. Her name is.. Crap, what is it..” She mumbled. We have another thing in common. We can’t remember people’s names easily.

 

“Oh let’s see, you even forgot her name, Seungyeon sshi..”

 

“Yah, is that how you should act towards your older sister?”

 

“Act like one please..”

 

“Oh seriously.. I should’ve told those guys to catch you right away.”

 

“And that’ll be an ending of your free life..”

 

“Come on, just cut it out kid. Her name is Han Soo Yun. Happy?”

 

So it’s really Soo Yun? It’s her? I have a feeling that this will be either fun or it’s going to be a real mission for me.