The talk

Sweets of Life

Chapter 12 – The talk

 

“Han Soo Yun?” I asked, wanted to make sure once more.

 

“Yeah. Why? You know her?” Nuna asked.


”No.. Well, I’ll see you some times.” I said then hung up. I didn’t know why I lied, but I’ve made my own plans.

 

Should I get back there or should I just went straight home now?

 

Okay, get back there.

 

I ran all the way to the place where I left them. And they’re both still there. Talking to each other.

 

“Oh hyung, where did you go?” Hyungjun asked.

 

“I need to picked up a call..” I said. What a silly reason. But that’s the only thing that came up to my mind.

 

“Do you have to run all the way just to pick up a call?” She said.

 

“Hello. This is a market..” I said, referring to the noisy crowds. Well, at least the reason became not that silly when I thought about it.

 

“Ah, anyway. I need to go now. My mom’s waiting.” Hyungjun said.

 

“I’ll see you some times.” I waved at him. “You two get along really well huh?” I asked her.

 

“Yeah, at least he’s warm and not arrogant.. Not like someone.” She said. Jeez, I know that she’s referring to me. But how could she say that I’m arrogant. Couldn’t she look at herself.

 

“Oh let’s see. Who’s the debate girl here?”

 

“Fine, just cut it out.” She said and walked away.


”Yah. Where are you going?” I said, catching up with her.

 

“Somewhere. Seems like he isn’t coming.” She said. Right, that’s because she didn’t know that it was me.


”Really? What a coincidence.. The person that I’m going to meet isn’t coming either.” I lied.

 

“So what are you going to do now? Keep following me around?”

 

“You should lower your confidence a little bit miss.”

 

“Okay, let me change my question. What are you up to?” She asked. She already knew didn’t she?

 

“I should be asking the same question too. What are you up to?”

 

“I don’t have to answer that question now do I?”

 

“Right. You don’t have to. And that means, I don’t have to answer your question too right?”

 

“Seriously, I never thought that it was you.”

 

“Neither did I.”

 

“You’re a little bit scary. Did you know that?” She said. Scary? Yeah, sometimes people said that to me.


”Was that a compliment?”

 

“Did you think it is?”


”Uhm.. It’s a no then. Thanks anyway. Whether if it’s a compliment or anything.” I said. Well, this is kind of awkward, because we keep on walking without any direction.

 

“What are you planning? Since you knew that it was me.” She asked again.

 

“It’s not that important for now isn’t it?”

 

“Fine, let’s just leave the topic for a while.” She said. “You’re similar to your sister you know?”

 

“Lots of people said that before..”

 

“Are you the only child?” I asked.

 

“Why don’t you ask your sister? She knows me really well.”

 

“So, if she knows you really well. Does that mean I couldn’t ask a thing about you?”

 

“I had an elder brother. But he ran away from home for about 3 years now.”

 

“He never came back? Even once?”

 

“No. I didn’t think that he’s thinking of going back though.” She said. Her mimic changed when she talked about her brother. It became somehow painful and sorrow.


”Sorry.” I said when my phone rang. So I went to pick up the call.

 

“De?”


”She got discharged from the hospital just now.. Could you pick us up hyung?”

 

“Yeah. Sure. I’ll see you two later.”

 

“Duty calls?”

 

“Not the real duty though.” I smiled at her. But yeah. It’s somekind of duty to me now. Taking care of Kyujong, is what I’ve promised to his sister.

 

“Okay then. See you soon. Youngsaeng sshi.” She smiled back and walked away.

 

She’s a nice person. If only she’s not “my rival” and less annoying. Maybe we could get along better than we are now.

 

Well, I’m eagerly waiting for our next meeting though. Wonder what will it turn to.