Youngsaeng's first meeting with her

Sweets of Life

Chapter 4 – Youngsaeng’s first meeting with her

 

“Yah! Slow down will you..” I said to Kyujong. He was running all the way to the subway. Yeah, we’re going to take that since I didn’t bring my car.

 

“No.. You should be faster.. Or else we’ll miss out the next train..”

 

“It’s still fifteen minutes.. There’s no need for a rush..”

 

“Uhm.. Just so you know hyung.. Jungmin said, that she was very pretty. That guest.”

 

“I don’t find any connection between pretty and rushing..”

 

“Aigoo.. Whatever.. We have to be quick..”

 

-----

 

“Ne? You’re here already?” I heard Jungmin said on the phone. Maybe he was talking to the guest.

 

“Who do you think the guest will be?” Kyujong asked me while I was busily placing topping for the orders.

 

“Hm.. No idea.” I said after I was finished for the first order. A tiramisu. I don’t really like a tiramisu though.

 

“Eiye.. I’m so curi-“ He stopped. He never stopped talking before.

 

“Wae?” I looked up, and found his jaw hanging opened. His eyes were exactly looking at the entrance. I turned to look. And yeah. No wonder.

 

There she was. A glamorous looking girl, well even though she only wore a simple T-shirt paired with skinny jeans, she looked glamour. She’s really beautiful and moreover she’s cute. Her eyes were brown, same goes to her hair. She’s not a Korean, I know that for sure.

 

I don’t know why I acted like this, but it has been so long since I’ve seen someone like her.

 

“So is this your café oppa?” I heard she said to Jungmin. Oh, she could speak Korean.

 

“Yeah, you like it?” Jungmin said and took a seat with her.

 

“Uhuh.. Exactly like my style..” That smile. It’s the sweetest. Ever.

 

“I designed this café when I missed my little dongsaeng so much..” He pinched her cheek.

 

“6 years after I left Korea and you’ve turned all mushy?” She giggled.

 

“Youngsaeng-ah.. The customer asked for their orders.. Has it finished?” One of the waiter came up to me.

 

“Oh.. Sorry.. It’ll be done in no time.” Eiye.. I was too focused on them. Heo Young Saeng. You should come to your senses.

 

“Hyung.. The girl ordered a Dacquoise with buttercream..” Kyujong said to me.

 

“The girl? That girl?” I asked, referring to Jungmin’s guest.

 

“Yeah.. She really looks like a goddess..” Kyujong said.

 

“I know..” I said and placed the order on the tray. “Take this to table two.”

 

Dacquoise.. Aigoo.. They shouldn’t have made that sweets to be their specialties. It’s kind of tiring to make that sweets.

 

-----

 

“Is it good?” Jungmin asked while he was looking at her. She was eating my cake (well, it’s my cake because I made that).

 

“I’ve never ate a cake like this.. Soft, not too sweet.. Almost perfect.. You’ve got a good pâtissier here..” She smiled at him.

 

“Aigoo.. You’re still picky.. Anyways it’s my friend actually.. It’s my friend who made the cake..” Aigoo.. He didn’t need to bring me in.

 

“Really? Wow.. He must be really talented.” She said and ate the cake continuously.

 

“Hyung.. Come here..” Jungmin mouthed.

 

“Wae..”

 

“Just come here will you..” He said again. So I did. He’s my boss here after all.

 

“It’s him..” Jungmin said to her, referring to me.

 

“Hm?” She looked up. “Oh.. Annyeonghaseyo..” She said. Well, after hearing her pronunciation. Look like she’s a foreigner.

 

“Annyeonghaseyo..”

 

“He’s Youngsaeng hyung.. He took a part time job in this café. And he’s the pâtissier of the café..”

 

“Really? You didn’t look like you could do something like that..” She giggled. Was it just me, or it’s kind of teasing.

 

“Yeah, everyone said so..” I said with a faint smile. She’s pretty. But why do I have a feeling that I won’t go along with her.

 

*riing riing* Nuna? Why did she call me?

 

“I’ll excuse myself then..” I said and went out to pick up the call.

 

“Waeyo?”

 

“Is that the way how to say hello to your nuna..”

 

“Aigoo.. Arasso.. I missed you like lots, nuna.. So what’s wrong? Why do you call?”

 

“They’re looking for you now.. They’ve sent their man to search for you in this town..”

 

“So? You expect me to leave this town?”

 

“Jeez. No.. I mean.. Just don’t get caught.. Well, see you some time..” She said and hung up.

 

A problem wasn’t even settled. And another problem came up.

I’m going nuts.