A Little Concert

Please; notice me, sen-- Sunbae!

"This'll be the day that you'll sing," Kai announced as we were walking to school. I was startled and stopped infront of him, "What the heck, guy?! You really expect me to sing?!" He just shrugged and walked past me.

To be honest, I still haven't got over the incident yesterday. I was really broken and I had to shout onto Lulu's fur. Poor Lulu. He cried last night.

I shuddered of the thought of me singing. That wouldn't go too well. I've never heard myself sing.

"Kai," he stopped on walking and turned to me, "I don't sing."

We had a staring contest for a moment. "You. Will. Sing. Deal with it!" I flailed my arms up and down as I whined, "No~! I don't want to sing!"

Kai sighed and pulled me. We ran, "Onwards to music class!"

What the hell, Kai?

I closed my mouth after that song and looked at the expressions of the teacher and Kai. I just sang infront of them and now, I am waiting for replies. Mouths agape. This is not the reality that I wanted!

"U-uh, s-sorry! If I ruined your eardrums or something!" I covered my whole face with my hands.

But I felt the teacher grabbed my hand to remove it from my face, "No, Vivian. You did great! You have a wonderful voice." I don't believe her. I looked at Kai, he was smiling at me. "Wow, I didn't expect that at all," I chuckled.

Kai crossed his arms, "Expect the unexpected." But then I hit him, "You didn't expect that, didn't ya?" He glared at me.

Why did I do that, anyway?

I bowed at him unknowingly and shrugged, "Let's just go to class." He nodded and we bowed to the teacher.

I didn't know that I can sing at all. I'm with a family that doesn't have that many talents. My mom was a dancer, she can't sing. My dad was a basketball player, he doesn't have anymore talents. My aunt was.. well, herself. Am I an orphan or what? Oh, well. Like what Kai said.

Unexpected the expect.. wahat?

We got to class on time and sat on my usual seat. Our teacher came.

"Alright class!" He clapped his hands as we all said good morning to him, "Before I would start the class, I would like to make an announcement. The school is having "Students' day" this week." 

Then the crowd goes wild.

"Enough with the celebration and let me finish!" I like this teacher a lot, he makes my classmates shut up, "Student's day will be like an amusement park for our students, since the school is big enough. There would be rides like the Ferris Wheel etc. Also food stalls that are made by the school's Student Council. But there's a disadvantage, you all will be using your own money." I heard many groaning.

What's so bad about spending money. It'll be worth it.

"That's all for the announcement. Let's start on with the lesson," the teacher decided.

"Are you going to go on the rides, Kai?" I asked Kai when our break started, the teachers are having a meeting. Me, Kai and Sehun are the ones left in the classroom.

He shrugged, "I thought of being absent on that week." What?! I widened my eyes, "Are you crazy? That would be a waste, plus we aren't done with the missions." 

"I thought that you didn't want to sing?" he blankly asked me. Oh yeah, right..

"What missions are you two talking about?" I forgot that Sehun's here. We shook our heads as I said, "You don't need to know."

But seriously, what are we waiting for here?

I stood up, grabbed the strap of my bag and was about to say that we should leave when a girl went inside our classroom.

"Oh. There's only three people," that's what she said.

I sat back down as Kai asked her, "Is there anything you'd need?" She nodded, "I just want to ask a volunteer for the school's Student Day. Are you guys interested?" Judging from her uniform she looked like a senior. Sehun asked, "Volunteering for what?" 

"A school concert."

Well, fudge.

I can feel Kai's wicked grin staring onto me, again. I don't like to hear more of this.

The girl continued, "We already had a band. All we need is a singer. So interested?"

Why is fate so mean?

I shut my eyes closed until I felt my arm being raised up, I had a feeling that it was Kai, "She would love to!" WTH?! I opened my eyes, again. The girl was looking at me with full of hope. I guess; I can't back out now..

"You're Vivian, right?" she asked me and I nodded. "Would you like to?" I nodded, again.

"Alright. I'll be expecting your participation."

 


Author's Note: Happy Birthday to Kungfu Panda AB style Huang Zitao~