Reasons

Please; notice me, sen-- Sunbae!

Luhan's POV

"I'm going to be late, see you around."

That wasn't very nice at all. 

I ran my way to the east builiding, where the seniors' building is. I got to class. Good thing, there're no classes this week. I went to my seat, beside Xiumin. "What's with the rush?" I shook my head and smiled, signaling him not to worry.

"Really? It looks like you're avoiding someone," said someone who is behind my back, t'was Kris, "It's Vivian, isn't it."

How come he knows? He was supposed to be an idiot. Kidding. "No, it's not," I still denied.

"Don't deny, it's not the first time you rushed like that." Xiumin's right, they know about this me and Vivian thing. The whole school to begin with.

I don't know who spread the news about Vivian's "rejection" to me. All I know was I told it to EXO then the whole school knows it the next day. Guess that, someone heard it? I donnoh.

Vivian didn't really reject me, that's what I know; Kai told me. He said she was having problems for a moment and made a joke about the text. I didn't really buy his reason. It felt like he was lying, in which he is. I wanted to know the real reason from Vivian but I just don't want to, there's this someone pulling me away from her.

I tell it later.

"Hurry up, hyung!" Sehun said while pulling my arm. We were running to the quadrangle's stage. The said band was going to perform today. I wonder what song Vivian's going to sing.

Sehun and I sat beside each other, I saw Kai sitting beside him, too. When I saw him, he looks nervous. Nervous for his best friend, perhaps.

Vivian and Kai knew each other since last year. When Vivian was declared Nerd Princess, the only people she talked to at school was Kai and me. They were classmates and ended up being bestfriends up until now. I wished Kai liked her, too. So I can push Vivian to like him more other than me. But I don't want to do that..

Things are getting complicated.

The black curtains slided to opposited sides and revealed Vivian who was in the middle. I heard everyone applaud, I did, too. She looks prettier than she is earlier before. Guess that Taeyeon-ssi did her make up. Vivian started singing.

Why is the sky so much more blue?
Why is the breeze so perfect today?

She looked cute gesturing her hands up like that, I smiled to myself. I felt like I was being stared at so I turned I saw Kai. I raised my brows a little, asking him what's wrong. He smiled and shook his head. What wrong with him?

Pretending like I don’t know
Like I didn’t hear a thing, like I erased it

Vivian scanned the audience, she was looking for someone? Until her eyes laid to me, she smiled.

Should we start talking about something else?
Should we kiss so we can’t say anything?

Her eyes are making cresents.

My eyes fill with tears, so I lift my head up
I smile a little so they won’t fall

 

Why are you like this to me, what are you saying?
All the things we talked about go to the sky

 

The words I have never said 
The words I didn’t know I’d say as I cried

 

I like you, oppa, what do I do?

She removed her mike from the stand and walked up to our spot, more likely; she stood infront of me.

Don’t say those kind of sad things
While looking at me like this

She looked down to me, there were tears in her eyes. W-was she crying? Why am I stuttering in my head? My eyes widened when I saw the tear, about to drop down from her eyes. Was she that lonely? Of course, she is.

Is it that I’m childish or a bit slow?
I can’t believe it

My eyes widened, again. This feels like the song was dedicated to me.. I don't understand.. I want to comfort her but I can't. I turned my head to see Kai, he was saying something.. "After the song, go to her backstage. Bet she'll be crying there later."

Why won't you do that..?

Even though I’m crying, I smile
I block your way and I just smile widely

Why am I being like this, do I not have any shame?
I fold my pride up neatly and throw it up to the sky

The words I have never said
The words I might never be able to say again

I like you, oppa,

After I saw her point at me, on that 'oppa' part.. Eh? No.

She held out her mike to the audience, they said; "Aigoo, one, two." And then she did the high note part. I have to say, she was really good at singing. I've never heard her sing before, even Kai didn't know that she can sing this good. Undiscovered talent, maybe?

"I thought her song was Secrets, hyung," I heard Sehun ask Kai. Kai just shrugged, looking like he didn't care at all.

Such a good day.

Vivian bowed at us and ran down the stage, the last thing I saw there was Taeyeon-ssi hugging her. "Go, hyung." I turned to Kai, his eyes were dark.

Here goes nothing.

I was about to call out Vivian's name but someone pulled my arm, "Where do you think you're going Luhan?" Oh, no. Not her, again!

"Let me go, I have to talk to Vivian," I tried to pull out my arm but her grip is too strong.. Is she seriously a girl? I'm having doubts now.

"Na uh. I am not letting you go to her, again. C'mon Luhan, one more month and I will be the happiest girl alive," she grinned to me evily. I saw Taeyeon and Vivian walking away from us. God damn it, I was about to catch up! "Yeah, only one more month. Why won't you just let me go and talk to her?! I'll leave her for good after that."

She furrowed her brows, "I don't believe you." And then her voice deepened. God, what's next? She'll grow a beard?!

"Please, Saeri. I need to see her."

"If you go there, then she'll just cry more and shove you away. Would you want that Luhan?" ..Of course, not. "You don't, right? Now, let's just go home. Your family and mine are having a dinner together, they have important things to discuss to us."

Her grip loosened and I, at a gallop, walked past her. "Leave me alone." I felt her hand, again and turned me around. Seriously? What is her hand made of? Steel?

"No! I am not letting you go, even if you cancel our wedding."

"Wedding?"

I looked behind me and saw Taeyeon looking angry and confused. Behind her was Vivian.. she was crying.

Seriously?

 


Author's POV: Oh, no~ Luhan's getting married! We've got an antagonist on the loose. Vivian and Saeri has a competition here. Lol. Please comment, subscribe and upvote so I can make more chapters :3