Chapter 1

Reaching For The Sun

Donghae had just arrive in his small apartment when suddenly his phone ring. He just received a message from Kyuhyun reminding him to go to his birthday by 6pm also telling him to wear something formal for the party he just sighed and threw his phone on his sofa and lie on his bed.

 

Somewhere a limp guy keep walking through his home happily humming as he entered his house with their personal maid waiting for him by the gate.

“Welcome home Mr. Hyukjae.”

“Thank you.”

“It’s 3:10 in the afternoon.”

“Sorry for being late.” He replied to her continue walking until he reached he reached his own room he unpacked his bags and and pull out his music sheets but to his surprise he  seem to lost his music sheets, instead he got some resume of an unknown person, but suddenly he remembered the guy that had helped him, he had assumed they have switched their papers. He suddenly smile looking at the form.

“Lee Donghae.” He muttered suddenly he heard his door opening with their personal maid bringing him tea and a strawberry cake and he quickly hide his paper.

“T-thank you Leetuk-hyung.” He said.

“You’re father will be home today, it’s been a week right?” he asked him to which Hyukjae just nodded. He sighed in relief when he left him, honestly he personally don’t like Leeteuk due to being nosy and keeps on interfering with his personal life because of his father’s request.

 

In a large house Donghae look around before he finally entered and approached Kyuhyun.

“Mianhada, I wasn’t able to give you a proper gift you almost have everything so I don’t know what else to give you at least this flowers would make up for it.” He said as he handed him a bouquet of roses.

“It’s okay Donghae besides I have with me the greatest gift I ever had.” Kyuhyun replied introducing him to a guy whose a little shorter than him, with his feature some may thought of him as a girl and with his shy demeanor especially blushing when Kyuhyun hold his hand.

“By the way this is Lee Sungmin my childhood best friend, and my fiancé.” He said as he showed Sungmin’s finger wearing a beautiful ring on his left hand.

“So this is the surprise you are talking about.” Donghae replied.

Kyuhyun just nodded while Sungmin gave him a smile showing that he is please to meet his fiancé’s best friend.

“Uhm you’re sweating you might have tried to hurry up going here for Kyu’s birthday.” He said as he handed him a handkerchief to which Donghae muttered a thank you, suddenly two guys entered and introduce themselves to Donghae.

“Hi’ we’re Sungmin’-hyung’s hoobae in school I’m Byun Baekhyun and this is Do Kyungsoo. We’re in our 2nd Year in college.”

“Nice meeting you both.”

They both smiled seeing how handsome Donghae is to Yesung’s chargin, feeling envy of hs charm, suddenly Sungmin was dragged by the two of them asking more about Donghae to which he just reply on asking his fiancé about him.

“Hey Donghae what’s with the blank stare huh?”

“Nothing.”

“Seriously 2nd Year they’re too young for you.”

“I know.”

“You two make a nice couple, I was surprise that you’ll get engage.” Tiffany commented.

“Well we haven’t formally announced it yet I don’t want this to get overblown because Min is very important to me.” Kyuhyun replied.

“Kyu…” Sungmin called him.

“Hmm?”

“Appa is here.”

With tha Kyuhyun and Sungmin approached his fiance’s father who congratulated them with their wonderful news. Donghae who is listening to Sungmin’s father’s speech can’t help but eavesdrop on some mumblings of his friends.

“You could say that the 2nd son of Cho Bank is marrying  into the Lee Enterprises huh?”

“This will benefit the Cho Family as well.” Tiffany replied

“Huh? You mean a marriage of convenience?” Siwon asked her.

“It’s a wise decision don’t you think? It’s an uncertain for bank nowadays and keeping close ties with Lee Enterprises won’t hurt either.”

Donghae stared at Kyuhyun who was smiling from ear to ear, obviously not aware of the possible assumption of the sudden engagement.

After the long speech the music is played and Kyuhyun blowed his candles with everyone cheering for him and Donghae clapping and smiling at him. Sungmin approached Kyuhyun giving him a teddy bear as his gift for his birthday to which the taller guy kissed him on his forehead as a sign that he was happy with his present.

As Sungmin is happily slicing the cake Kyuhyun and Donghae were left together having a conversation.

“He’s a nice guy.” Donghae commented.

“Sungmin is exactly like me, we’ve been together since were just babies I can’t live without him. One time we were kids we got lost I started really crying loud and then Min took my hand and held it tightly he told me; “I’m here with you, it’ll be okay.” Our bank and Lee Enterprise are merging maybe that’s all people will think of us, but Min and I love each other it has nothing to do with our families, as long as I have Min I don’t need anything else I wanna build a warm loving family with him, I guess to me happiness is a simple life.”

“A simple life huh? Maybe I’ll tear it down someday.” He said looking at Kyuhyun.

“Go ahead and try, no matter what happens nothing will tear us apart.” He said smiling at him. Their talk was cut off with Sungmin coming towards them with two slices of cake.

Donghae was left behind when Yesung went to them telling Sungmin and Kyuhyun to entertain their guest, he went to Kyuhyun’s basement where they usually play billiards as he stroll around he saw Kyhyuna dn Sungmin’s picture smiling happily together but suddenly heard a voice from somewhere which caused him to dropped the frame accidentally.

He seems to be older than him at least in his 40’s.

“What time is it?” he said stretching his hand looking at Donghae.

“What a boring party huh?” he said as he smiled at him. The elder guy looked around singing the happy birthday song leaving Donghae clueless.

 

At the Hyukjae’s place

Hyukjae is happily playing the piano for a kid he is teaching during his free time, the kid swayed his head enjoying the music coming from him, suddenly he stopped.

“That’s it hyung?”

“That’s all I lost the second half”

“Huh? What happened?” the kid asked.

“I tripped at a street corner, and my music flew everywhere, but someone helped me pick them up and then… he got his papers mixed up with my music.

“Was he cute?” the kid suddenly asked.

“Huh? Enough about that, Taemin let’s start our lesson now”

“Why don’t you go and return them to him?”

“Huh?”

“I’m sure he needs those papers, it’s your chance to see him again.”

Suddenly he heard someone’s voice, with Leeteuk welcoming someone he knew , his father had already been back from his world tour, Taemin also decided to leave telling him he’ll be back by tomorrow.

“Appa, welcome home.”

His father smiled at him and held his cheeks.

“Bach’s temperament have you been practicing it regularly?” he asked him.

“Y-yes.” Hyukjae replied he smiled at his father but deep inside he felt sad, since after welcoming him all the elder think was music not him.

 

At Kyuhyun’s party everyone is excited as he poured the wine in the tower of glasses.

As Donghae returned to the party he strolled around he is looking at Kyuhyun who is visibly happy talking to Sungmin, he felt envy how his friend take things light, how Kyuhyun can be happy while he felt something is missing to him, suddenly he saw a shiny thing on the floor it was a necklace, he suddenly remember it was Sungmin who owns it. He suddenly saw the guy at Kyuhyun’s basement talking to Sungmin as they are having a conversation, the man looked at him like trying to tell him what he needs to do. He suddenly threw the necklace into the water and suddenly the man smiled in satisfaction, continue talking to Kyuhyun and Sungmin.

“Donghae where have you been? I was looking for you.” Tiffany said.

“Who’s that guy?” he asked her, starign at the man now leaving the party with Sungmin’s father.

“You don’t know? That’s Jung Yunho, the man’s everyone is talking about, he was given the coastal redevelopment though he’s still very young, he’s the Senior Executive of Lee Enterprises, even Sungmin’s father highly respects him.” Donghae is still staring at him and the man seems to be watching him as well as he nodded before going out.

“Sungmin-hyung, where’s your necklace?”

“Huh?”

“The one with a bunny pendant.”

“Oh no.” Sungmin gasp realizing he could have lost it.

“Min, what’s wrong?”

“The necklace the one that you gave me during our high school graduation, I think I lost it.”

“We’ll go find it okay, don’t worry.”

Donghae who knew about the object they were worried about just blankly stared at Kyuhyun trying to calm his fiancé. Without thinking twice he jumps into the pool to everyone’s surprise. He tried to look where it could have landed after some minutes he got back and he had the necklace in his hand to which Sungmin took it for him.

“Gomawo.” Sungmin said as he held onto to his necklace.

Kyuhyun helped him to get out of the pool and suggest to take one of his suit since he is now soaking wet.

As he finished taking a shower he wear the suit he borrowed from Kyuhyun suddenly someone knocked at the door and it was Sungmin.

“You forgot to get socks.”

“Thanks.”

“Thank you for what you did earlier, I hope you don’t catch a cold.”

“It’s still summer.” He replied but suddenly he sneezed and Sungmin giggled at him.

“Hey, why did you gave him a teddy bear?” he asked him.

“Kyu likes bear very much, one time at a zoo, we stared at a bear cage for a really long time.”

“I’m here, it’ll be okay.” Sungmin looked at him surprised.

“How did you know that?” he asked him but there was no reply he was taken aback when Donghae suddenly approached him holding the necklace he had just retrieved.

“You’re necklase is so beautiful/” he muttered as he went closer to him and gave him a kiss on his lips which leave him speechless.

“You should go back outside, Kyuhyun must be worried and looking for you.” He said looking at the mirror fixing his polo shirt. As Sungmin left Donghae stared at his reflection on the mirror.

Outside the party Sungmin hold his lips, remembering Donghae kissing him,  suddenly he was snapped out of his trance when Kyuhyun approached him.

“Min gwaenchanha?”

“Y-yes I’m fine.” He replied smiling at him, at that time Donghae finally arrive with his new suit.

“Wow it does good look at you.” Kyuhyun said with Sungmin just silent beside him.

“I think I need to go home now Kyuhyun, I’ll return this suit by tommorow.”

“Thank you again Donghae.”

“I just felt taking a dip.” He replied smiling at him and Sungmin who just nodded and keep on watching him as he left his fiance’s house.

 

Donghae’s POV

My father is well known in our hometown, my mother is the daughter of a wealthy land owner, I have never had money problems, I’m the only son of a wealthy family, someday I will inherit my father’s company. That’s the story I tell everyone

 

A/N Yes it's Hyukjae he met at the park, I know I made Yunho older than his original age. Kyuhyun is the genteleman completely opposite of the evil maknae we know. And for Yunho he played a significant part especially to Donghae's life. Hope you enjoy the update. I said I was supposed to do it next week suddenly I felt excited. Note some of italized POVof Donghae are either what he is speaking in his mind or a simple narration of the story. Which could leave you hint of what could happen in the future ^^