Prologue

Reaching For The Sun

In a nearby beach, Donghae was steadily staring at the sun. Stretching his hand like he wanted to touch it feel its warmth his thoughts were all snapped out when someone called him.

“Donghae!”

It was Cho Kyuhyun, his best friend one of the popular guy in his school because of his looks and wealth, they are on a yatch trip along with his other friends. Beside Kyuhyun is Kim Jong-woon also known as Yesung who is the only guy that don’t like him being with Kyuhyun’s circle of friends.

“Hurry up and let’s enjoy this day.”

He nodded and their yatch bonding trip started. Aside from Yesung, they are also with Tiffany and her childhood friend Siwon.

“You want to try driving it?” Kyuhyun asking Donghae as he is enjoying the view, the other nodded in response and take over.

“Here drink some water first.” Donghae gave him a bottled water and started to control the yatch, with Yesung envious eyes towards his friend and Donghae.

After the trip ended, they all freshen up and suddenly Tiffany gasped.

“Hey what is it?” Yesung asked her.

“Kyu your car…” she said pointing at it, they were surprised seeing a big scratch on it.

“Isn’t this the one that you just receive from your dad, the new model in US?” Siwon asked him.

“How terrible, how can that person be low!” Yesung added.

Kyuhyun just smile at them. It’s okay I’ll just have it repaired.

“Yah! Kyu why are you so forgiving huh?” Yesung asked him.

“If I were you I would look for that person and kill him.” Donghae coldly said.

“Donghae it’s okay, I won’t stoop down to their level so let’s hop in!” Kyuhyun told them as they put their things inside.

“Man, I enjoyed this day did you Siwon?” asked Tifanny.

“Of course.” The other replied.

“Donghae, you also have a yatch right?”

“Yeah,but it’s smaller than you have.” He replied.

“Hey listen! Sungmin ‘s back in Korea.”

“Really? Now we know why Kyuhyun is in mood today.” Yesung jokingly said.

“Yah! Stop it! Oh you never met him right Donghae? He was in high school with us.”

“I see.”

“So I’ll be organizing a party for my birthday tonight and I want to do a special surprise for him.”

“Kyu, why are you so nice to everybody?” Tiffany asked him.

“That’s right!” Siwon agreed.

“You’re kind, so kind that it’s brutal, if I were a girl I could have fallen for you.” Donghae jokingly said as Siwon kissed him to which Kyuhyun immediately shrugged him off.

After some minute Donghae resqueted to be dropped off somewhere and bid fare well to his friends. As he saw the car disappeared his smile turned into a smirk as he took out a sharp object in his pocket. And walked away.

 

In the car Yesung suddenly started a conversation about Donghae.

“What’s Donghae really like?” Yesung asked them.

“Who knows? He’s always secretive.”replied Tiffany.

“Isn’t he kind creepy sometimes, you can never tell what he’s thinking. Wasn’t it last year’s Christmas party when he first talked to you Kyu?”

“Yeah.” Kyuhyun replied while driving.

“Outsiders should just stick together.” Yesung commented.

“But he’s a good guy.” Kyuhyun answered back.

“He’s also useful, he never missed any class.” Siwon agreed.

“He’s handsome and smart unlike somebody.” Tiffany replied.

“He says his father has a company but I doubt it after all he come to Seoul from a small town. He’s nothing like us.” Yesung said.

“It doesn’t matter if he’s an outsider or not, I like him he’s a good student, he works hard at everything he does.”

“There you go again! You’re so noble!” Yesung told Kyuhyun who just smiled at him.

 

Donghae’s POV

(on the street)

Life is a series of infinite crossroads which we pass through. We walk by many people without ever exchanging a single word and we’re all headed to a place where we’ll never meet again.

 

As he is walking by he suddenly heard some fell behind him. As he looked back he saw a guy with his papers scattered on the floor. He saw him picking the papers one by one. He can clearly see the guy was having a hard time in walking but still trying his best to pick the papers that accidentally feel. He doesn’t what come to his mind when he suddenly helped him out.

“Here you go.” He said.

“Thank you very much.” The other replied putting the papers into his bag.

As he walked away suddenly he heard the guy calling him.

“Excuse me!.” He looked back at the brunette guy who was smiling at him.

“Thank you very much.” He said with that he returned his smile and walked away.

 

That summer we should’ve just walked right past each other merely as passing strangers.

 

A/N Simply this is just an introduction of the story, I'll do both updates by next week since I will be working today. ^^ hope you enjoy it!