Chapter 9

Reaching For The Sun

At Hyukjae's place Leeteuk seems to be worried Hyukjae hasn't go home yet."Hyukjae hasn't go home yet sir." His father didn;t teplied and just sit there worriedly he was hoping his son is not with Donghae. He tried to call the boy'd number but there was no answer. With that he felt weak afraid for Hyukjae's welfare.

At a train...

"Is this really okay?" Hyukjae asked.

"I hope you can for give me." he said looking at him.

Asfte almost half an hour they arrived on a beach and sat together.

"Donghae..."

"Hm?"

"This is like a dream." he said smiling at him.

Donghae's POV

When you told me you wanted to see the ocean I wanted to grant your wish as soon as I could. After all, you spent all that time waiting for me.

DOnghae feels at peace seeing Hyukjae enjoying hisself, he laid on the sand as the other guy is playing with the sand.

"It's really sparkling!" Hyukjae said as he approached Donghae he carefull touched his face.

"I-I thought you were asleep he said sitting beside him. "What a nice sounds the waves are making. Are you bored?"

"I'm not bored." I was just thinking about my childhood, whenever I got bad grades I'd go bury them in the sand, then I wrap myself with a blanket and fall asleep gazing at the stars."

"With Minho-ssi?" Donghae nodded at Hyukjae's question. "When you take about your childhood, you seem ver happy." Hyukjae added.

"Can I ask you something?"

"Sure" Hyukjae replied.

"What happened to your leg?"

"Ah... I was in a traffic accident, when I was 5, I went abroad with my father, who had a recital. He always told me to stay in the hotel until it was time to leave. It was so lonely being by myself, so I went outside. Then the accident happened it made my appa so sad. I'm such a birdbrain am I?" he jokingly commented. Suddenly Hyukjae noticed that his shoes were missing and was taken in the water he tried to get it, but was not aable to retrieved it. Donghae went into the water but was not succesful as well. Hyukjae laughed seeing him all wet, even the other man smiled in return.

After some hour they returned home at the gate, he advised Donghae that he will be the one to explain things to his father and thanked Donghae for the slipppers he bought for him.

As he went inside, he tried to talk to his father who just suddenly hugged him.

"Appa I'm sorry."

"You smell like salt water." the elder said.

"I went to see the ocean with Lee Donghae."

"I olnly allowed you to go the recital."

"Appa I am so sorry, Donghae was late because he had something urgent to attend to. So i suggested we could go to the beach instead."

"DId you have fun?"

"Eh?"

"I am happy for you Hyukjae, but next please give me a call okay?" he said worriedly to his son.

The enxt day as Donghae was busy preparing going to school he suddenly heard someone knocking and opened the door to his surprise it was...

"Kyuhyun..."

"I saw you and Min together in his house."

"I..."

"Why are you with him? Is there something you wich to tell me?"

Donghae doesn;t know what to say he just tried to look at him in the eye.

"I followed you, what were you doing with him?"

"Donghae!" he said grabbing his collar.

"I lied." DOnghae suddenly replied. "About my father and my mother's wealth, they were all lies I wanted to be your friend. I've always wanted to be like one of you so I lied. But I ran out of money so I asked Sungmin on getting me a job, I asked him not to tell you anything." Donghae suddenly kneeled aplogizing.

"Why? when we became friend it didnlt matter to me who you were. That guy from crosswalk tried to return your scholarship application."

"You saw it?"

"Donghae..." he said giving his hand to him. "I want to lend you a hand. You can talk to me about anything, we're friends aren't we?"

"Thank you Kyuhyun."

At Sungmin's office as DOnghae is busily preparing some files he saw someone coming.

"Sungmin..."

"Appa and I are going out but his meeting is running late, so I thought I'd kill some time. I'm glad Yunho-hyung is not here I don't wanna see his face."

"Kyuhyun already know."

"Huh?"

"I told him I was just asking you about a job."

"Did he believe you?"

"He doesn;t know how to be distrustful."

"Thank goodness!"

"But if he does find out, Kyu would forgive me and YOU will only oay the price. I'm the most precious thing in his life." said Sungmin, as Donghae tried to approach him his father arrived leaving them. Yunho suddenly arrived arrive talking to Sungmin father about a land being forced to give up by someone which Yunho defended as not being fare. As they left he talked to Donghae.

"You have ambitions too." There's nor eward in working hard and pushing yourself. I sacrificed everything for my work."

"That won't happen to me." Donghae replied. "Because I have nothing to lose." With that he went back to his work.

At Kyuhyun's place he is playing billiards all alone when Sungmin arrived.

"Min?"

"If Donghae and I were drowning who will you save?" he suddenly asked his fiance.

"Min..."

"Who will it be?" Sungmin showed him to balls of billiard.

"You of course." with that Sungmin smiled and emraced him.

At Hyukjae's home, after he called Donghae to meet him up, he was surprised to see Leetetuk taking of the phone away from him and suddenly pushed him on his bed.

"Hyung..."

"I can't let you make your father upset anymore."

Hyukjae confusedly looked at him suddenly he heard that Leeteuk seems to be trying to lock hi  in his room.

At the cafe, Kyuhyn and his friends were eating whe Siwon arrived with a news.

"I saw Donghae's mom she was talking to that relay guy she brought some basket of foods."

"You might be mistaken." defended Kyuhyun.

"No I heard them. "Minho." "Ahjumma" they knew each other."

"Where are they?"

"Yesung..."

"Kyuhyun are you not believing me."

"Stop it Yesung okay?" he advised him going out of the place.

At the park Donghae was waiting for Hyukjae but he was not yet around as he tried to call him it was Leeteuk who answered the phone.

"Hi is Hyukjae there?" he asked. he felt worried especially he can hear Hyukjae's voice crying

"Don't be so persitent! Stop bothering him!"

Though Donghae wants to go there, he will be meeting with his mother so he went home first. As they arrive Minho was helping the elder woman unpacking the food as they are preparing it, Minho realize the rice cooker was not turned off. Donghae heard someone knocking and went to see who is it and to his surprise it was Kyuhyun.

'Kyuhyun..."

"Sorry for coming here all of a sudden."

"A friend?" It was Donghae's mother. " Hi I am Donghae's mother, come in." she said.

Minho seems to become quiet.

"Hi I am Kyuhyun nice to meet you."

"I am glad my son has friends here, so what does your parents do."

"Auntie" Minho tried to stopped her from asking.

"My father is the president of a bank."

"Which bank."

"The Cho Bank." with that the elder kept quiet looking at his son.

"Aunty, I should get going" Minho excuse hisself, Kyuhyun as well went outside. As they keft Donghae's mother looked worriedly at his son.

Outside...

"Where do you live? I'll give you a ride."

"It's okay I can just take a bus."

"I wanna talk to you." Kyhyun said to Minho.

"What is it?"

"Yesung and the others are becoming suspicous of Donghae, it's all your fault. You should stop hanging around with him." he coldly said leaving Minho.

In the morning Donghae took his mother to a bust stop.

"Donghae that Cho kid..."

"I know what I am doing."

"I trust you with all my heart son. But I hope in your heart you can find in your heart to forgive your father leaving us and not to hurt innocent people, revenge is not the answer to everything.It took me a long time to realize why your father did left us but then I realize maybe he doesn't want us to see him suffer anymore." As his mother is taking a bus.

"Umma, I enjoyed the meal." he said smiling at her.

"Finally I made you smile." she said leaving him.

....at Hyukjae's place.

He was just there holding the slippers Donghae bought for him.  Suddenly he saw his father arrvied.

"Appa."

"Hyukjae let's go to abroad just the two of us."

"Eh?"

Downstairs, he can hear his father's business mangae arguing about stopping all his recital as he is not being professional anymore. He tried to return to his room and  called Donghae to apologize but his father took the phone away from him.

"Appa!

"Please listen to me Hyukjae, don;t disobey me like you did in the past, don;t you uderstand look what happened to your leg, please Hyukjae." Suddenly they heard someone on the door. 

"Hyukjae! Please it's me Donghae let me see him." Leeteuk opened the door and advised him that he will call the police but Donghae ignored him and forcefully went inside.

"Donghae..."

"Are you okay..."

"I..."

"We're going abroad, Hyukjae bid him farewell." his father said.

"Is this true?" Donghae asked. Hyukjae looked at his father.

"I'm not going, up until now I've always done whatever you told me to. But I want to do the thing  I want for myself."

"Hyukjae, you musn't trust him. He has the same as as the woman who left us, they say sweet things and they may smile kindly at us, but they're all lying open your eyes son! You only need to trust me."

"Appa, take a good look at me, I am all grown up now, you've taken care of me, now I'm more mature I can walk by myself."

The elder suddenly hugged him.

"Please set him free." Dognhae said

:What do you know!?! Please stop interfering with our lives! Hyukjae has always been with me I have to protect him. He is a weak child."

"Hyukjae isn't weak at all! It's YOU who can't live without him! Lets' leave."

Hyukjae looked at him confusedly.

"Let's leave." Donghae said again.

"You musn't go! Please don't go!" his father pleaded him.

"Appa... I love you so much but..." bu he took Donghae's hand and run. Leeteuk tried to block him but Hyukjae slapped him and they run together.

Donghae's POV

I wasn't thikning about what lay ahead. But at that moment I just wanted to rescue you from your gloomy birdcage. That's how I felt.

 

A/N Long time no see I am back! I like to thank who subscribe to the story while I am gone and Bk_fate who made an image for my story I tried to out it but it won;t work as my primary image but thank you so much