Chapter 3

Reaching For The Sun

As Donghae handed him his music sheets he smiled and put it on his bag, suddenly he saw the other man leaving and called him.

"Um... Thank you very much. Really thank you very much" he said as he bowed and limply walked away. Suddenly...

"Say... would you like to go for a walk?" he asked him, and Hyukjae nod still smiling at him.

As they sat on a bench, both of them fell into silence until Hyukjae breaks the ice.

"It doesn't have a title yet?"

"I'm sorry"

"The piece I was working on."

"You're a composer? That's cool." replied Donghae.

"It's just my hobby." he shyly told Donghae but this is my important piece.Thank you very much."

"That's the third time you're thanked me."

"Oh, about your scholarship form..."

"About that... I don't need it anymore."

"Really, uhm.. have you been waiting for me?" he asked Donghae.

"Well, you waited for me, too."

"It was just on my way to the hospital."

"I see"

"Have the tree leaves grown a little bit today? Is today's breeze different that yesterday's? I like walking through here while thinking about these things. I'm a slow walker, so I get a chance to see all of city's scenery. It's such a waste to walk through too quickly, that cross walk is difficult for me to cross. So I was very happy that you helped me pick up my music sheet." he said to Donghae looking through his eyes.

"You're to being kind." he remarked but Hyukjae shook his head in denial.

As they seem to enjoy their company suddenly Hyukjae look at the time and gasp.

"I have to get going." he said as he slowly stands up.

"It's nice meeting you again." he said but as he left Hyukjae suddenly called him.

"Uhm, Lee-Donghae-ssi, your name was on the form.. uhm.. when I finish my piece will you listen to it?" he asked him, hoping he would say yes.

"Of course, I will, and you are?"

"Hyukjae, Lee Hyukjae."

"See you again."

"Okay."

Donghae's POV

People often make promises they don't intend to keep. Instead of saying "goodbye. We say "See you later." the only thing we knew about each other was our names. We'll never see each other again.. Or so I thought.

Donghae still watched Hyukjae who is walking further now and with that he on the opposite direction and walked as well.

At the aprtment Donghae is again drown in his thoughts, as he heard someone is knocking at the door.

"Oh ahjumma it's you." as he opened the door staring at the elder woman who is carrying a box.

"The arrived for you."

"Thank you, he said as he took the box to her."

"You see Donghae, for this months's rent..."

Donghae suddenly get up and took some money from his pocket."

"This is the half of the payment I'll get the other half next week and... you see my husband keeps bugging me" he suddenly took two watermelon from the box of fruits he recieved. 

"And this is for you Ahjumma."

"Omo! Donghae, you're always kind aren't you, alright I can wait for the half of the payment don't rush yourself." she said leaving him.

Donghae's smile disappeared when the elder woman left and he decided to take a shower. When he got a message from Kyuhyun to go to his yacht.

Inside the yacht's room Sungmin is busily looking at Donghae's picture with his fiance. he can still remember the night when Donghae kissed him. suddenly his thoughts were interrupted when Kyuhyun arrived.

"Sorry to keep you waiting here a BLT sandwich especially for you."

"Thanks Kyu, is it your specialty?"

"Yup."

"I'm starving, hey is there any problem Min?"

"That Donghae guy... he is kinda scary."

"About your earrings, never thought he'd actually jump in the pool with his tux."

"What's he like?"

"Well, I've only known him for half a year, but we really get along." replied Kyuhyun "Strange isn;t it?"

"Yes" Sungmin said as he sat on the bench, suddenly Kyuhyun tried to cuddle with him but he move he block his attempt to kiss him. Suddenly they heard their other friends having fun and went out.

"Kyuhyun! come join us!" he heard Donghae shouting at him enjoying the water.

"Sure, how about you Min."

"I'm not in the mood to swim you go ahead."

As he saw Kyuhyun jump of the yacht, he just watch them laughing and having fun, suddenly he saw Donghae.

"Hey can you help me?" he said, as Sungmin tried to help him to get out of water, he was surprised when the other guy tried to pull him in the water, suddenly Donghae let go of his hand and just smiled at him, and Sungmin was a bit frightened.

After that they all decided to go to their favorite hangout where he saw Siwon holding a magazine.

"Wow. Kyu your birthday photos were published. There's no end to Lee Enterprise's greed. The groom-to -be is Cho's Bank thoroughbred! Wow you and and Sungmin look cute in the picture." Kyuhyun grabbed the newspaper upset as he continue reading it. Suddenly Yesung makes a phone call to someone where everyone teases him that he is now having a date with someone which he only smiled especially to Donghae.

Suddenly he called Donghae to have a private talk with him.

"What's up?"

"Sungmin had been acting strange maybe because of these news. We're getting married only because we're in love. Yet everyone sees it differently."

"Listen, Kyuhyun... What does Sungmin means to you, you told me about your childhood, when he took you by the hand and made you feel safe. That's why this time you need to take her hand." Donghae advised him.

"Hey whats with the private talk let's all eat." Tiffany called them.

"Sure as Kyuhyun stands up, Donghae stopped him for a minute,"

"You'll be fine, I'm always by your side."

"Thank you Donghae." he said embracing him, as the younger left, Donghae looked at the article covering Kyuhyun's picture and fixed at staring Sungmin's smiling image.

Donghae's POV

My father is well known in our hometown, my mother is the daughter of a wealthy land owner, I have never had money problems, I’m the only son of a wealthy family, someday I will inherit my father’s company. That’s the story I tell everyone.

It was a harmless lie... It should have been a harmless lie

 

A/N Finally I am back again sorry for the late update to those who are still reading this story. I know this story is base in one of my favorite drama, I want to make it in my own thats why it took me a long time to update it and adding the times I have been sick so sorry to keep you waiting and enjoy to all my subscribers thank you so much!