Chapter 13

Reaching For The Sun

"What do you want Lee Sungmin?" Hyukjae asked the other guy who was staring at him after they decided to just talk at the park.

"How long do you know Lee Donghae?" He asked the crippled guy.

"A couple of months."

"And you already love him?"

Hyukjae looked at him. "Yes" He said without hesitation.

"Why would you like someone that had been deceive many people, Kyu his friends, especially me."

"I do not think you are in the position to tell me about it, you are engae and besides you are not serious with Hae."

"Hae?" Sungmin glared at Hyukjae.

"Hae is someone who had loneliness since he was a kid, yes his actions are unforgivable but, why should I judge him why would I belong to those people that would think badly about him, I love him as Lee Donghae regardless of who he is as long as he shows his true self to me it will not stop me from loving him. How about you? Do you even love him? Or you just can't live without his touches?"

"How dare you!" Sungmin attempted to slap Hyukjae, when suddenly someone stopped him.

"D-Donghae?" 

"Sungmin stop this, shouldn't you be with Kyuhyun? He needs you the most, go to him."

"Donghae, Hae I...."

"Only Hyukjae can call me Hae, Sungmin you already know the truth why decieve yourself I am stopping this revenge I have hurt enough  poeple."

"Why Donghae, I know you feel something for me too, why schoose this disable guy over me?

"With Hyukjae, I find the peace of mind I have been longing for. I feel like I do not need to pretend to be someone else."

Donghae supped Hyukjae's face as he worried if Hyukjae was hurt, he just smile and shook his head, they slowly walk away from Sungmin who was shouting Donghae's name asking him not to leave.

Back to Donghae's apartment Hyukjae, went to his kitchen and take out all the things he bought from the grocery.

"Hae, do you like me to some Ramyun or or we can have dukbokki or.." Hyukjae's eye widened when he suddenly felt Donghae embracing him.

"Hae..."

"I do not know what I would do if something happened to you." Donghae can't let go of Hyukjae, yes at first he just really enjy the other guy's company but when he realize how Hyukjae would patiently wait for him especially when he is with Sungmin he reaize his importance to Donghae.

After some weeks, Donghae finaly decided to return to the track and field team. His coach allowed him but he is informed that he would start as a sub player and will do lots of practice, Minho was overjoyed learning that Donghae will be running with him again, as for Hyukjae, he is still at Donghae's place, and during his free time he decided to continue doing tutoring for kids in a music center while finishing the song for Donghae. 

Christmas Eve finally arrive, Hyukjae just arrive from his tutoring when he went inside he noticed Donghae not around. He frowned he remembered Donghae asked him out on Christmas Eve. His phone suddenly rings as he checked the caller ID it was Donghae.

"Where are you?"

"Let's meet at the park." With that the phone ended.

Hyukjae put his coat and locked the door. As he is slowly walking at the park he is wondering what Donghae's up to.

Suddenly everything went bright, he saw the place full of lights. He smiled as he finally saw Donghae.

"Hae..."

"So let's start our date?" He said as he hold Hyukjae's hand. They have a simple dinner at the park everything was planned by Donghae of course with Minho's help. 

As they look at the sky seeing some fireworks display Donghae sneakily take out a mistletoe.

"You know what is this right?"

Hyukjae just smiled and lean his face closer and kissed Donghae's lips. The other man dropped the mistletoe and cupped Hyukjae's cheeks. Yes for them this is indeed the best Christmas ever.

As they finished their date, they are smiling to each other going back to Donghae's apartment but suddenly they were surprised as Donghae had an unexpected visitor.

"Kyuhyun..."

 

AN: Long time no see sorry short cfhapter hahaha! So yeah Hyukjae and Donghae are officially together