Chapter 8

Reaching For The Sun

Kyuhyun's class ended early so he decided to have a date with Sungmin, when his fiance arrived smiling at him apologizing for being late. He just said it's fine. Sungmin already asked him to already go when.

"There you are Donghae." Kyuhyun said which surprised Sungmin. "So let's all go?" he said holding his fiance's hand and walking beside Donghae. Inside the movie house Sungmin seems to be nervous why? Simple Donghae is holding his hand.

"Stop it" he said. Kyuhyun who asked him if he's okay, he just replied that it was nothing. When they went to their favorite cafe praising the movie they watch.

"Oh yeah, Min you should take Donghae to your appa's company sometime."

"Why?" Sungmin asked.

"Oh, he said he wants to revitalize the real estate market in his hometown. It's that amazing, huh? He's gonna start from scratch. How cool are you huh?" praised Kyuhyun.

"It wouldn't be any fun to simply inherit my dad's business." Donghae lied. "My mom also have a lot of land, even if it's just for the summer could you get me a part-time job Sungmin?" he asked staring hardly at him.

"You want a job? Weren't you just gonna go observe?" Kyuhyun curiously asked.

"I want to work in the field, I'm willing to do anything, I'm sorry if I seem to upfront."

"If there's anything I can ask my father as well" Kyuhyun added.

Kyuhyun suddenly excused himself to use the comfort room leaving Sungmin and Donghae alone.

"What are you trying to do?" asked SUngmin.

"What do you mean?" Donghae asked back.

"I told you already! I'm not breaking up with Kyu. Coming along on our date, then asking for a job, what's that all about?!"

"I want to be close to you." I want to be near you, I won't cause you any trouble" replied DOnghae leaving him alone.

Donghae's first day at Sungmin's father's company he seems not nervous as he saw some employees there remarking that they don't usually have student working at ther main headquarters, telling he is an exception being Sungmin's "friend".

As he went inside he is surprised seeing Yunho when he was introduce to his boss.

"Nice to meet you sir." Donghae greeted him.

"You can start by sorting those documents." he commanded him.

As he is doing his errand Sungmin's father arrive, After he greeted him he approached Yunho, Donghae pretending not to hear anything can understand that they are talking things about "betrayal" overthrow" "for the sake of the company"  "due to selfish reason". But he just continue what he is doing not wanting to meddle with those kind of issues. He walk through the other document after 30 minutes Sungmin's father left and Yunho go to him.

"You're still here?" asked Yunho.

"I have work to do." he replied.

"I don't want to look at you."

"I don't work for you." Donghae bluntly replied.

"Listen, who do you think you are anyway? That big splashy performance at the pool your scheming and your bold behavior, stealing someone else's fiance...Are you naturally vicous? Do you think she'll become your weapon? YOU'RE JUST WASTING YOUR TIME!" he suddnely shouted at him. Donghae just look at him blankly. "You and I we're very similar." he said leaving Donghae.

Back in his home, he was almost sleeping when he recieved a phonecall upon checking the screen it was Hyukjae.

"Yes?"

"This is Hyukjae's appa"

"Good evening."

"Will you please come pick Hyukjae tomorrow?"

"Sure Sir."

The next day as he arrived at Hyukjae's place he was wondering that Hyukjae is not around, the elder man said that Hyukjae is out for shopping with Leeteuk for the upcoming recital.

"You look handsome in your suit"

"Thanks Sir."

"So do you still have the ticket?" 

"Yes." Donghae replied handing it to him

"You see it appears he really like, he's been very cheerful lately. Would you mind me asking you a question?" Donghae just nodded. "What is it about Eiko that you find attractive?"

"When I'm with him I feel a strong sense of calmness."

"That child will hang on every word you utter today, He will remember your smile and all of your little gestures it will foster a passion inside of him, he'll start thinking that he can't live without you. Lee Donghae?"

"Yes?"

"Do you love Hyukjae?"

Donghae can't seem to answer the elder's question.

"Seems lIke you can't answer that can you? I had a feeling this would happen, you have cruel selfish eyes, if you're not going to love him, then stop pursuing him, he will not be sued as tool from which you find comfort"

"A tool? I'm just..." but DOnghae was cut off.

"Please stop seeing her immediately, now is not too late, his emotional scars won;t be too deep, as long as you keep seeing him, you'll only hurt him If you have any feelings for Hyukjae at all..." he warned as he tear the ticket he gave him. "Then don;t ever see her again.

At their hangout Sungmin is having fun with Kyuhyun and his friends, suddenly he got a phone call from Donghae asking him to go out, at first he said that he does not want to but came up with anexcuse and leave Kyuhyun and the others. As they entered a room.

"What's the meaning of this." Sungmin angrily asked him trying to walk away from him when Donghae suddenly embraced him.

"Please don;t leave." he softly asked the other guy.

They decide to spend the night together, while on the concert hall Hyukjae who was waiting for him is worried that he has not arrived yet, he even tried to call him but all his call went directly to a voicemail. After the recital ended Hyukjae did not went home with his father and still try to wait.

As for Donghae, as he was inside the cab Sungmin suddenly lean onto his shoulder looking at the window of the cab he saw the concert hall where he should have been with Hyukjae, what more surprised him was when He saw Hyukjae standing on a pillar seems to be still waiting for him. After he brought Sungmin home he decide to go back to his own place he went to his casette player take out the tape Hyukjae gave to him and decided to throw it when he suddenly remember all the words Hyukjae told him before.

I think I still wanna believe in people.

He remembered those innocent smile, those tears, when he left him for Sungmin and seeing him wait at the concert hall he suddenly picked up the tape and run out of his house, hoping he can still see Hyukjae but when he arrived The Hall is covered lamost in darkness no sign of Hyukjaewhen he arrived. He wanted to give up when suddenly a figure approach him.

As he looked at him it was Hyukjae.

"You're late" he told Donghae as he suddenly shed tears. "You're too late Lee Donghae!" Donghae run to him.and embraced him tightly as if not wanting to let Hyukjae go.

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry"

"Donghae..." Hyukjae not knowing what to say.just embraced DOnghae back

"I'm sorry" 

Donghae's POV

I realized it for the first time when I held you. This small fragile, warm body... I never thought it's be come so precious to me

 

A/N  So yeah I know Hyukjae's father really don;t like DOnghae, and Sungmin what do you think of him? how about Donghae and yunho yes he will really play important part to Donghae's life. So this will be my last chapter for now as I will be out of town for 4 days and be back on monday, if by any chance I have internet in the province I might update or maybe by Monday when I get back so see you! Hope you leave some comments I would love to and also keep on subscribing !