Chapter 11

Reaching For The Sun

Donghae can't help but look at the wall clock in the oofice. He never felt this excited to go home perhaps because there is some one waiting for him a certain person name Hyukjae, but his thought were cut off when Yunho approached. "What a bad move eh?"

"Huh?" Donghae confusedly asked.

“Taking that guy and bringing him into your home. You know better who you should be with if you want to achieve those ambitions.” Replied Yunho.

“I don’t know what you are talking about.” Donghae trying not to look at him while reviewing some work papers. As Yunho tried to say something suddenly Sungmin appeared in front of them.

“Can I speak with you?” asked Sungmin.

Donghae looked at him and followed him near the fire exit door.

“What is it?” asked Donghae

“Everybody’s spreading a rumor about you.” Said Sungmin “Lee Hyukjae, who is he, why are they saying you kidnapped him?” Donghae tried to walk away ignoring Sungmin’s question.

“He’s not someone you know right? Why can’t you answer me?!”

“Wasn’t this just a fling?” Donghae suddenly said. “Don’t raise your voice, people can hear you.” As he tried to go back to his workplace Sungmin suddenly blocked and kissed him. Suddenly he pushed him away, as he is going to return he suddenly spotted Kyuhyun going to the office.

“I don’t know what’s going to happen anymore.” Warned Sungmin as he walk the other direction without being noticed by his fiancé.

“Where’s Donghae?” Kyuhyun asked Yunho.

“He is somewhere doing important.” Yunho replied. “Ignorance is a bliss huh?”

Kyuhyun looked confusedly at Yunho not understanding what he means.  Suddenly Donghae is already back.

“Hae…”

“Will please leave the room for a bit?” Kyuhyun requested to Yunho. The elder man just smiled but as he reached Donghae he whispered. “You seem nervous.” And finally he left.

“Hae, why didn’t you talk to me about Lee Hyukjae, this is stupid, why are you letting her stay with you? He’s not even your boyfriend. Everyone’s saying you kidnapped him. They’re all gonna find out where you live.”

“Donghae got surprised. “Were you there?”

“Just come with me, we’ll prove them you did nothing wrong.”

“Hey Kyuhyun…”

“I’ll explain that HE’s the one who started following you and causing you trouble. I can’t believe both you and Yesung got involved with him.”

“You met him?” asked Donghae.

“I spoke to him.”

“Huh?”

“I sent him home.”

“Why?”

“What do you mean “Why?” you said he was bothering you and that he’s nobody to you. Come on hae okay?” as he walked away he stopped noticing Donghae did not follow him.

“Come on they are all waiting. Don’t embarrass me.”

“Why did you do that, why are you trying to interfere with my life! Leave us both alone!” exclaimed Donghae

“What’s wrong Hae? If you don’t tell me now, it’ll only hurt our friendship, is that what you want? It’s alright I’ll always be on your side. Donghae… who is more important me or him?” asked Kyuhyun, Donghae just looked at him feeling upset, as Kyuhyun tried to still approached him, he pushed him away and run out of the office. Kyuhyun tried to get him but he was too fast, his mind is blank he needs to find Hyukjae. He look around suddenly he noticed a familiar figure standing on a bridge.

“Hyukjae!”

Hyukjae does not know what to do he wanted to avoid Donghae but the other was fast and able to catch him.

“Hyukjae…”

“I’m sorry… I…”

“No you’re not!”

“I don’t think you are a burden.” Hyukjae lowered his head. Suddenly Donghae took his hand and walked somewhere.

 

At the tracking field Minho was drinking water after a long practice suddenly he noticed his phone ringing checking the caller ID.

“Donghae-hyung?”

“I have something important to tell you.”

Minho frowned wondering what the other need.

 

At the café Yesung along with Siwon, Tiffany, and Sungmin are waiting for Kyuhyun and Donghae.

“Yesung why don’t you call them…” suggested Tiffany when…

“Kyu…” Sungmin called him.

“Where’s Donghae?” Yesung asked him.

“He has something important to do, that councilman uncle of his is back in town. He thought it was funny that everyone think he kidnapped someone.” Lied Kyuhyun. Suddenly to his surprise.

“Donghae.” Called Tiffany.

“What’s the meaning of this Kyuhyun?” Yesung suddenly asked him. Kyuhyun don’t know what to answer his friend’s appearance surprised him.

“Lee Hyukjae…” Yesung noticed the cripple guy who is with Minho. Sungmin stared at Hyukjae, suddenly Tiffany smile a little.

“Now this is getting interesting.” She said.

Donghae looked at Minho who is looking nervously at everyone and as he looked at he smiled a little and the latter nod at him encouraging him to whatever he wants to do.

“I am here to tell you something.”

“I thought you didn’t know them.” Yesung commented.

“Donghae ignore him as he let the two also be near him.

“Minho, he’s always been a good dongsaeng of mine, a childhood friend that had always been with me.” And he’s…” looking at Hyukjae.

“About that guy…” Kyuhyun tried to stop him.

“It’s okay Kyuhyun, this is Lee Hyukjae I felt at peace when I am with him.” He commented, Sungmin not being noticed by his fiancé or his friends glared at Hyukjae, noticing the way Donghae looks at him.

“Donghae what the hell are you trying to do?”  Kyhuyun asked him upset of what Donghae is doing.

“Kyuhyun there is something I always want to tell you.”

“What is it?”

“I hated you.” Those words surprised not only Kyuhyun, but his other friends who can’t believe will utter those words to the man who had willingly defend him and tried to protect him. And the room was filled with silence with those words that came from Donghae’s mouth.


A/N Hi dreamers! I know it has been a long time I had been busy with work and I know It's a short update... And finally the moment of truth is here. I know Kyuhyun care too much, Sungmin feels jealousy Hyukjae a little insecure. Comments are welcome and enjoy this chapte XOXO