12. The Rebound

One Magical Summer

Chapter 12

"Elle ssi, can you please make a sweet ice tea for CL, but don't put too much ice, and also take a mineral water for Dara, preferably the Fiji one, there should be some in the car. Thanks a lot. And oh! The car keys is in there, the Michael Kors white purse on the coffee table."  "Okay, I'll go get it now."  "Elle, dear, can you go grab that curling iron over there? No, not that 1 inch size, but the 1 1/2 inch. Yes, yes that one you're grabbing on your right hand." "Here you go, unnie."  "Ohmygosh, where is the studded ankle boots Minzy is supposed to wear? Oh there you go. Thanks a lot, Elle."  "5 minutes everyone! 5 minutes and you guys have to be ready in set!"

"Tired?" I turned my head and met my gaze with Ga Eul Uniie, the head stylist. I eyed the room, there's only the 2 of us. "The others prefer to watch the show from backstage." She handed me a cup of coffee and pat my shoulder as she sat next to me. "You did really great, though. I'm sorry. We ran out of staffs and we have to put you through all those troubles." She cringed. "I heard you're supposed to learn about variety show. Sorry. I hope you don't mind." I smiled as I shook my head. "No, It's pretty interesting to me. I get to experience new things. I don't know preparing for live show would be so..." "Crazy?" we laughed. "Oh dear, you ain't seen nothing yet." I smiled as I drifted my gaze to the TV, and we watched the show in silence. "How long have you been working here?" I tore my gaze from BigBang's faces. She thought for a moment. "Maybe... 5 years?" She smiled. "Quite a long time, huh? I like working here. People are really nice, the artists are friendly, and everyone here are family, even staffs." my lips curled into a smile as I remembered the friendly gesture from BigBang and Park Hajoon. "Anyway, you have to be careful though, on Seungri." I met my gaze into her smiling eyes. "Why? He's nice." She gave me a knowing smile. "Of course he is. He's always nice to the pretty girls." "Who? Me?" I rolled my eyes. "No, I think it's out of sympathy." "OMG, do you like Seungri?" "What? Of course not." She studied my face for a moment. "Then who do you like the most? From YG musicians." A name came across my head almost immedately. "You know, I should be studying about variety shows right there." I smiled as I gaze my focus on the show.

"So, Big Bang is here with us tonight."  The crowd cheers as they wave their hands and smile. "We all know that you are a superstar, a hallyu star, which is actually very hard to get you guys on this show. Talk about being busy." The crowd cheers again.  "Anyway, you guys are on the peak, how does it feels to be fashion icon slash idol? G-Dragon?" He thinks. "The pressure is definitely there, obviously. But family and close friends helps us to get through our worst times." The Male MC nods. "From what we know, there is a no-dating policy for most idols, including you. What do you think of this?" Taeyang laughs. "Seungri gets in to trouble because of this. Like, Daesung likes a girl who has a beautiful smile, TOP likes a girl who has a good manner, and stuff. But Seungri, here, as long as it's a girl, I think he would be okay with it." The crowd laughs as Seungri tries to defend himself. "Now that we're on it, what do you look from a woman? Daesung-ssi?" "I want a woman who likes me, and also understanding of my career. Because in this industry, it can be very demanding at times, and I need someone who are able to console me or give me strengh. And like Taeyang said, I think I prefer a girl with a beautiful smile. It doesn't matter if she's older or younger than me." The crowd went wild. "What about you, Taeyang-ssi?" "Mm, probably someone who is understanding, like Daesung said, of my career, who can stimulate me in a way that makes me want to work even harder." the female MC comments. "I heard you have never dated anyone?" Taeyang laughs. "No, I haven't found the love of my life just yet." "Well then I hope you find her soon. What about you, G-Dragon?" "It's important that I feel comfortable around her. I used to have a detailed vision of what my ideal woman would be like, such as someone with short hair and tomboyish style, but nowadays it's just someone who I'm comfortable with, and doesn't act fake around me." "Actually I don't have a specific ideal woman." TOP begins to talk. "I like someone with a good manner and respect towards the adults." "I like-" "all girls. We know, maknae." G-Dragon cuts Seungri. The crowd laughs. "Yah! Isn't it normal for guys?" He laughs. "But seriously, I like a girl with a cute phone voice and a lot of aegyo, and who tries hard at her job." The MC laughs. "Who changes the most in front of women?" This time TOP responds. "Definitely Seung Ri. If he had to choose between women and us, he would choose women anytime." G-Dragon adds. "I know well about his love life because I'm his roomate. But he never dates anyone - he just keeps calling them." Seung Ri laughs. "I'm a lady-first kind of guy. I believe guys have the obligation to entertain women. Thanks to my humorous character, even girls who have boyfriends enjoy hanging out with me. So I always remind them to be nice to their boyfriends." BigBang and the MC laughs. "Okay, we'll be back after the break. Stay tuned." 

"They are just so charming, aren't they?" She said as she looked at me. I have to agree. They can make nomal conversation so interesting. "Yeah. They definitely are." She took a sip at her water. "TOP ssi is really good looking, though. Most girls usually go crazy with TOP or GD." She took another look at my face. "Actually, you and GD would make a great couple." I couldn't contain my laugh. "Unnie, he's a hallyu star, and I'm just - me. How can it possibly be?" She smiled as she ruffled my hair. "Oh honey, you're so cute. GD really isn't that kind of person. Besides, I have quite a good intutition about that kind of thing."

"Where have you been? What have you been doing? I was so scared you would come home, drunk, again, I changed my clothes into a proper clothing. In case you don't know, it's 2.30 am in the morning and you have just gotten home. Do you know how scared I was thinking something horrible happened to you?" Jess started nagging as I entered the house. "You can at least text me, or call me. Do you know that I'm worried to death?" I thought you were kidnapped, or being taken away by the aliens, or you met megatrons on your way home, and-" "Whoa, stop it right there, mom." She gave me the face. "What? You asked too many questions. And in case you forget to wake up from your dream, this is real world, jessie. There are no such things as aliens. And by the way, I ran out of battery and I was busy helping out 2ne1, ran out of staffs." Her eyes widen at instant. "OMG, you met 2ne1? OMG, is it true that-" my eyes narrowed. "And you were so worried about me." we walked through the stairs. She rolled her eyes. "I was. It's just 2ne1 are just so awesome. Wait, did you get their names right?" "Of course I do. The pretty girl with brown hair is Dara Unnie, the maknae is Minzy." I thought for a moment. "Since the other 2 have long hair, it kind of hard to differ. The blond is Bom Unnie? And then it makes the other long haired girl CL. Am I right?" "You know, unnie? You're pretty dumb sometimes. But seriously, take care of your health. And remember idols' names. You have just mistaken CL as Bom just now." I smiled. "Yes, I will, my dearest little sister." She stopped walking. "And one more thing, if you, ever, ever, ever help out EXO-M, you have to call me." "What kind of people who will name themselves as EXO-M? How weird." "Dude, just go to sleep."

 

"Annyeonghaseyo, Elle imida. I'm in charge of today's styling-" "Oh! Elle! You're a stylist now?" Seungri Oppa waved his hands from the reflection of the mirror. I laughed as I waved back. Ga Eul unnie rolled her eyes. "Elle, dear, can you put that rack over there, please? Thanks. And as for you, Seung Ri ssi, don't try to seduce my helper. I've warned her about how dangerous you are." he raised his hands. "hey, what did I do wrong?" I laughed and started helping her arranging the look for BigBang. 

"okay, so this is your clothes, and just call me if you need me." I handed Jiyong Oppa the clothes. He nodded. "do you pick this yourself?" i tilted my head. "not exactly, I helped Ga Eul unnie to pick it. But I think this will go well with your sunglasses you wore on that day." Realized that I just gave a fashion advice to a fashionista, my face heats up. "You know, just saying." He laughs. "Ya! Hyung! Don't hit on Elle!" "Shut up, maknae!" he says as he smiles. "Sorry. Typical of our maknae. I have to go change. Or unless you want to help me changing?" I think my face just went one shade darker. "No, i think I'm good- I mean, you're good, aren't you?" He laughed and took away the clothes from me. "Yeah, I'm good. And by the way, I do intend to pair my sunglasses with this. You kind of have a good eye." I gave him a smile when my phone rang. Danny. I shoved it back to my pocket. "Not picking up?" He says, eyebrows up. "No, I shouldn't pick calls on work." That's half true. I nibble on my lips. What does he wants now? He won't know I- Jiyong Oppa touched my arm. "Hey, are you okay?" No. I forced a smile. "Yes, I'm fine." 

 

"So, today I get to learn how to write music?" I asked, trying my best not to jump around in happiness. Park HaJoon smiled at me. "Yes. And I think Big Bang members can help you with that. Don't worry, I'll be there too, and I've told them to behave, and not to hit on you." My heart skipped a beat. "Are all of them are going to be there?" He sat on the couch on the lobby and gestured me to do the same. "No, actually. Daesung, TOP, and Seung Ri has schedule to do, so it'll be just us, Taeyang and G-Dragon. I guess you can learn more about singing from Taeyang too." I nodded as I tried to lower down my heart rate. Like literally. "You seem happy." He studies my face. Am I? Geez, Elle, can you be more obvious? "Well, I heard Jiyong Oppa has written many songs." He smiled. "Well, almost all the Big Bang songs, 2ne1, Taeyang, Seungri, you name it, he made those songs." My jaw dropped. No way. "Pretty amazing, right?" Are you crazy? Pretty amazing is an understatement. "They should be here soon. So, have you made your desicion?" I sighed. "I don't know. I've been thinking. and I really enjoy my time here, and it makes me want to stay as a trainee even more, but I also want to furthen my studies, get a degree, and learn more about dancing and performing in university. My parents will flip off if they know I don't have any degree." They might even take me to Yale. He nodded, sadly. "Well, I really hope you would stay, though. Oh- there they are." 

We went to a small studio in YG Building, the one I didn't know it exist. Then again, I'm just a newbie. "So, writing songs, right?" I nodded, focusing my gaze on Jiyong, trying to make myself comfortable. I don't look weird today, right? I think my clothing is just fine. Wait, focus, Elle. Don't make yourself look stupid even more. "Writing a song is about expressing your feelings. If a song genuinely expresses your feelings, then it's a good song. It doesn't matter what everyone else thinks. But if a song expresses your feelings, and touches others, moves them with emotions, and get them on the dance floor, then it's a good song with a potential to become a hit. Now what we're trying to make, is that kind of song." I nodded. He explained it in such interesting way I couldn't help but taking so much interest on it.

We stayed around for 3 hours, and I didn't even realize it was that long. I wrote one short melody, which is really lame, but since Jiyong Oppa is really nice, he still compliments my song. But I know better. Duh. Taeyang had to leave, he had other schedule. 'Thankyou for teaching me how to write. It was really interesting." I glanced at my watch. 7.02. That explained my hunger, then. "It's fine. I had a good time too." I smiled as we walked to the elevator. "Should we go get something to eat? What do you think, hyung?" Park HaJoon pushed the G button and closed the door. "Sorry, I had promised my wife to eat at home. You guys should go." He nodded. I glanced at a new message and opened it. 

Unnie, I'm coming home late. It's my friend's birthday party. Don't wait up, k?

"Elle, what do you think? Should we go together?" I shoved my phone back to my pocket and smiled. "Sure. Where should we go?"


So... Here's the update! Anyway, I'll be having a double update today. Currently working on that. Hopefully it can happen. I have the plot already, but to express my words is other thing to do.

OMG, I know most of you readers are silent readers, and I get that, cause I used to be like that, but I just want to thank everyone who took their time to subscribe, and comment, and upvote, because it really boost my confidence to write. Really, you can totally tell me anything, anything you think, because I really like reading all your comments, and I promise I will always reply them.

Special thanks to Mizuki1987 and ShannonGD, you guys are the best! Seriously. :""D