20. What Do You Do When...

One Magical Summer

Chapter 20

 

Jiyong's POV

"What?" This must be some kind of sick joke, some kind of mistake. There's no way- "It's true. Unnie was involved in a car accident, right now she's hospitalized in Seoul Hospital." I sat down, my knees weak, still processing this information. "Who.. How.. How is she doing?" A pause on the other line. "She... will wake up... eventually. The doctor doesn't know when. The police are investigating right now, but still no trace." Her usual bubby voice is now weak, sad. I'm more than ready to find and kill that motherer when my manager barged in and gestured that I have to go. "I'll be there as soon as possible." The line went dead afterwards and I stuffed my phone inside my pocket before grabbed my car keys. "Where are you going?" My manager asked, in a demanding voice. "She needs me. I have to go." He sighed. "I knew you're in a relationship with that girl, and I'm happy for you, but if you just walked off like this-" "She's in a coma, hit by a car. I have to be with her." I couldn't care less about my reputation and . I have to be with her right now, or I'll really lose my mind. I have to be with her like she always did whenever I have to call off our date because of my schedule, I have to be with her for every understanding smile she gave me when she had to saw me having to do cheesy stuffs to some actress. Or for the occasional phone calls midnight because that's the only free time I have, or when she took care of me when I was sick, and the fact that my mom and my sister literally took her side over mine, not that I complained. "Just hope that your members are enough to cover you up. And you know you'll get into trouble the moment Yang CEO knew-"Not even bothering to listen to him until finished, I opened the door in a rush. I ran to the elevator as fast as I can get. Getting into trouble is the last thing on my mind. If getting into trouble is what it takes for me to be with her, then be it. 

I was driving like a mad person and running around asking every nurse I met about Elle before finally found the room she is hospitalized in. The walk down the hall felt like a real long journey. I opened the door, a part of me still not wanting to accept this fact, hoping that this is just some kind of mistake, hoping that the face I will see isn't hers. My feet make their way, passing the sofas and the small 'guest room' if it is counted as a room, and made my way to the bed. My eyes travelled to the beauty that laid there, bruised, some needles and some pipes connected to her nose and mouth, as well as her hand. I touched her hair gently. "You were never careless before, why now?" My fingers caressed her pretty face, bandaged and covered in bruises. She looked so peaceful, as if in a deep sleep. "It's because of me." I turned my head to see Jess, sitting in an armchair, her eyes red and swollen, and an evident eyebag, signing her lack of sleep. "I asked her to pick me up that day, and I guess.. I don't know." She began to teared up as she talked. "That's not your fault. She loves you. She wouldn't want to see you cry when she wakes up, nor hear you blaming yourself." My eyes travelled to Elle, looking as if she's in a deep sleep. "She can hear us, you know." I forced a smile, hearing the sound from the machine, sign that she still have a heart rate, and patted her head. "You don't want to get scolded when she wakes up, do you?"

I went there on my every possible free time I have. I stopped taking many jobs, just some quick photoshoots and writing songs, which I do beside her, in hospital. Sometimes mom would come, she would bring some flowers and some food for me. Jess is always there everyday, I wonder when the last time she went back to her mansion. "You shouldn't do this." I stopped playing guitar and turned my head to her sister. "Do what?" She sighed, her eyes full of sadness. "Neglecting your job. It's like you stopped being a singer." I continue playing, a hint of anger popped. "It's my call. I'd rather be here than some other place where I will be worrying and thinking of her all the time. Did my manager told you to do this?" Why would she say that? Doesn't she loves her sister? Did she really think I would just abandon her? She shook her head and drifted her gaze to my precious Elle. "No. She would want me to say this to you. She would want you to be there for your fans and smile like you always do." She gave me a sad smile. "She loves you way too much to make you stop doing your passion, even if it's about her." I glanced at her peaceful figure. "Go. If she wakes up, you'll be the first one to call." 

 

My manager and Yang CEO were more than happy to see me working like usual. Little did they know that I only took every offer I got to keep my mind busy. Because if not, the only thing I will be thinking about is her. I force myself to my limits, I work 24/7, not giving myself any free time, because if I did, the only thing I would be thinking about is her, and I would spend hours, days at the hospital just keeping her company, or just looking at my phone, waiting for the call that never come. My members didn't know about her condition. I didn't bother telling. But they definitely noticed the change in me. I can tell they tried to take me out to club, to restaurants. I did appreciate their effort, and sometimes I would come with them, not wanting them to be more worried than they already are. I don't stop coming to hospital, though. I would disappeared completely for hours and tell her everything that is going with my life. She haven't woken up, but she haven't gone through any critical condition, which is good, or else I would really bail on my job and stayed until she got better. Sometimes Jessica would be there, sometimes she's not. She's holding on, barely. We don't talk much, but I can see how this is eating her up. She tried to be cheerful as she always did before, but sometimes she's overly pushing it. The twinkle in her eyes isn't there anymore, no matter how happy she tried to look Well, we all have our own way to handle problems, so I didn't say anything.

 

"How are you doing?" I lifted my head, surprised to see Yang CEO, sitting in front of me, without any of my members. Weren't they here a minute ago? I'm sure we were talking about our new album. "Fine, I guess." I guess I was too absorbed thinking of her. He studied me for a moment and sighed. "I've listened to your songs. They aren't qualified." I flinched. No one has ever said that to me, not after so many years have passed. "They actually aren't that bad." He continued. "But they are way too... dark. And depressing. Not the kind you would sell with your band's concept." I almost laughed at his remarks. I write what I feel. How can I write a happy song when I'm just that depressed? "I know what happened to Elle. And I know your relationship." My eyes widened. I saw a small smile on his lips. "I'm actually willing to ignore the fact that you broke the no romantic relationship rule for you." He smiled. "Because both of you are just so suitable for each other. And it kills me to see you like this because of her." My heart ached by the thought of her. It's been 2 weeks since Jessica told me to life my life. "Well, I'm holding on." He shook his head. "Take a rest. Go and stay with her if that's what it takes for you to be yourself again. The album can wait." He patted my shoulder. "And you should tell the rest too. They are your friends. It's okay to lean on them for a while, and not being the reliable leader for a moment."

I told the guys about her condition that afternoon, and it was good, you know? To finally able to let my feelings out, and they understand. They said they would come to the hospital with me, and they told me not to worry about the album. I tell them every bit of the story I didn't realize tears streaming down from my eyes. They were very supportive, even Seungri, the problematic maknae. Taeyang didn't say anything, he gave me a hug and told me that they will come with me to the hospital. They were preparing to go to the hospital when I received a call from Jessica.

"Hey." "GD Oppa, are you busy?" Where's my car key? "No. me and the guys are actually heading there." Oh there it is. "What's up?" Silence fills for a moment before she spoke up. "Good. You... You should come. Unnie needs you... I think." "What? Why? Have she woken up?" Another silence. "No... The doctor said... She haven't shown any progress.. And she has gotten worse. And if this keeps up... He told me to prepare for the worst." My heart stopped beating. No. I couldn't imagine having to lose her. My Elle. My air. "I'll be right there right away." 


Jess' POV

"Unnie, good morning! Today is a lovely day, as usual. Look, I brought you a change of flowers. I know how much you like fresh lilies." I chripped, doing my best to keep her at her best condition. GD Oppa come everyday, and since 3 days ago, she showed a significant progress. Probably because of his guitar, or his singing, I don't want to know, as long as she survives. "Do you want me to read a book? Your favorite author just released another sequel. Or do you want to listen to music? GD Oppa is working right now, so he couldn't be here right now. He's attending a music awards, after that he has to do a quick photoshoot but he said he will be here as soon as possible. The guys said they will be here earlier than him, though. Oh! Why don't we watch him?" I stared at my sister, still as peaceful as ever. A pain sliced on my heart. If this keeps up.. I don't think I can take it too. Having a real sister and one barely hanging with machines all over her are different. And she must be in pain too. I shook my head, not wanting to look sad. "So.. Which one should we watch?"

 

"Congratulation for winning the award. You guys deserve it." I smiled, trying to look happy for them. It's hard to pretend that you're okay, when actually you're not. Taeyang gave me a small smile. He looked pretty sad. "Thanks. She will be okay, you know." He ruffled my hair and walked to s, who are sitting and talking beside Unnie. I actually am grateful whenever they're keeping us company. This room doesn't feel so depressing and lonely anymore. At least I have people to interact with. I walked to her bed when the door opened, revealing Park Hajoon. "Ya. You guys should help me with all the things you've bought. Do you really expect me to carry all those things myself?" He gave me an apologetic smile. "Sorry, Jess, I will have to take them with me for a bit." I watched them leaving, Seungri Oppa sulking as I smiled. How long have it been since I last time smile genuinely? I stared blankly to the TV, my mind wandering off somewhere else. Mom and Dad haven't called today. It's like they don't even give a damn about her eldest daughter. I glanced at my watch. Madamme Kim should be here in an hour. She would bring me food, and every stuff I need to live. It's ironic how my maid cares more about us than my real parents.

I wonder what took them so long? They must bring us loads of things, again. Last time, they literally filled the room with all things I don't know what to do with. I just hope today... "Urgh.." Shocked, my eyes widened at the sight of my sister, her eyes open, and she's looking at me, confused. She opened to talk but she didn't say anything. "God! You really woke up! Oh, I mean, that's good to have you back. Are  you thirsty? Usually when I saw in movies, people will get thirsty. I passed her the glass of water." She received and winced at her needle. I watched her holding her glass, still looking confused. "I'll call the guys. They are worried sick for you. You should go drink your water. And I'll call the doctor. Maddame Kim is worried too." I walked to the door and held the knob, and then looked at her, once again. "It's.. It's really good to have you back. I miss you so, so much."

 


 

FINALLY ELLE IS AWAKE! I really am not good writing angst-ish chapter and couldn't stand writing one too, so... Forgive me for the crappy chapter, and for the fact that I abandon this story (again) for weeks. I swore it's because of my studies. Please tell me what you think! I was actually gonna edit the previous chapter because my precious reader ShannonGD told me that it was too short? Was it? I really couldn't tell. Sorry... :") I hope this makes up my short chapter, then? I'm really tired that my brain stopped working and I don't know what to write over here. LOL. Sorry... Again... Please don't stop reading, cause I will finish this story, I promise. 

Anywaysss, this story is coming to an end soon! I already have in my mind the next story, and how the main girl would be like. Who do you think I should write about for my next story? Any ideas? Really need one. Should I write about Bigbang? Or do you have another bias you would like for me to write? Or do you want to be in my story as a character? Pleasee tell me. Your opinion DOES matter. A LOT. :D 

 

CIAOO and XOXO :* (giving you guys virtual hugs and sending you virtual kisses)