11. How It Used to Be

One Magical Summer

Chapter 11

"I see that you still remember me." He nods in approval, looking slightly pleased. His eyes pierce through me as he scoots one step closer. "How are you?" I grit my teeth. "None of your business. You need to leave. I'm tired and I don't want to see you." I grab my phone. "Or I will call the security. Or should I call the police?" My hands are shaking. He obviously saw that, and let out a husky chuckle. Boyish and deep. The one I used to love, before everything became ed up. He tucks my hair behind my ear. "Elle, I know you better than anyone else. You won't do that, will you?" I force my gaze to his dark blue eyes, the one he inherited from his dad, which remains unemotionless. Funny how I used to think they were beautiful. "Try me." I whisper, trying to convince myself. He doesn't look amused. "I just want to talk. I believe we have unfinished business." I scoff. "I don't have anything to talk about." He smiles. "But I do. I'll pick you up. Tomorrow, at 12." He leans closer. 'Dress beautifully, okay, kitty?" and he leave.

I let out my breath I've been holding. Sitting down in a couch, my tears starts to fell. Stupid Elle. It's been a year and he still act like he owns you. A small voice echoes in my heart. Then why do you let him do so? I closed my eyes, letting another tear escapes. I don't. But deep down, I know for sure I won't be able to say no. Not to Danny. Probably sometime in the future, but not now. Not when he called me kitty, his special nickname for me, like how things used to be.

 

"Hurry up and talk. We're busy." "Busy with what? Your training session with YG Entertaiment?" my eyes narrowed. "Have you been spying on me?" He laughs. "Spy on you? I don't need to spy on you when your mom told me to get you on your right mind. Apparently, she thought you have been taking your little hobby way overboard." He takes a sip on his coffee. "And I didn't recall taking you, little miss nosy copycat." Jess' stare bore into his eyes, not bothering to touch her favorite green tea latte which probably is already cold by now. "Still the same as always. Still trying to follow your sister's footsteps? Why? Your parents don't give you enough attention? Well, your sister, is, indeed much better in any way possible, compared to her sister, though. I can see why-" "I'm the one who ask her to come with me. Now start making your point or else we're leaving." I cut him off. He stares at me before his lips curls up into a smile. "Okay. To put things short, your parents want us to engage, again." My jaw dropped. Jess looks like she's about to claw his eyes out. "And my parents, they leave the desicion to us, so-" "you have to be crazy if you think I'm stupid enough for your stupid crap. Jess, we're leaving." I grab my bag and pull Jess. He smirks as he watches me leaving. "You'll eventually say yes, Elle. You can never say no to me." 

I couldn't believe my parents. Did they not remember what had happened to me the time when we were together? Great, if there was an award for worst parent ever, they might win one. Good one dad, and mom too. And how can he still has the guts to ask me out? After what he did, it wouldn't even take me a second to say no. And I mean, I think he made a pretty clear point that he was totally over me. "Elle! Have you been listening?" Huh? "Oh, sorry. What?" Jess stares at me. "You're not thinking to say yes, are you? Because if you are-" "I don't, Jess." She eyes me for a moment. "Good. Because never in my life will I forget someone who does that kind of thing to my own sister, not to mention.." My my drifts off as Jess kept talking, taking me back to a year ago.

 

"Oh my gosh, you're such a dork!" I laugh hysterically, not even minding the quizzical stares from my maids. I eyed the blue eyes before me. "I couldn't believe you could do an impersonation of the Lord Voldermort, and you even remember his whole part on The Harry Potter series." His blue eyes twinkled in amusement. "Well, Harry Potter just does that for me." I wiped my tears. I haven't laughed that crazy since... forever. "Dude, I even don't watch its whole series. I've only watched the first one... I think... I even forget which one I watched." He playfully rolls his eyes. "It's a crime not to watch Harry Potter." I smiled. "No, you're just a dork and you should accept that fact." He puts his hand over his chest. "Me? A dork? I think you meant attractive." I push his shoulder lightly. "Mister, we have to work on your arrogance." He laughs as he tucks my hair behind my ear. I wonder why he really likes to play on my hair. "Only says nothing but the truth. Besides, don't you love me for that?" I tilt my head. His blue eyes and his scent drive me insane sometimes. "Hey, don't forget we're together only because our parents set-" He cuts me with a kiss on the edge of my lips. "Never, I repeat, never, ever think us being together just because some stupid business matter. You hear me?" A smile pestered on my lips and he leans closer... "Ew. Gross. Can you two make out at the different place, and a different time? I don't know, maybe when no innocent little sister to witness?" I laugh as I glanced the leaving Jess. "This is totally your fault." I whispered. "How can this be my fault?" He let  out a boysih laugh. I smack his arm playfully. "If she's mad-" "She won't." I narrow my eyes. "Get that look off your face. She loves us way too much to be mad at us, and you know it."

 

"Elle, you're late one count, again. You do the turn on the count of 8. Focus, Elle." I nodded. "Sorry Ms. Yoon." She eyed me before she walks to the tape. "Okay, from the beginning, everyone!" Right. Get your head on, Elle.

"Are you okay, Elle? Cause you seem out of it." I glanced at HyeRi and forced out a smile, as we gather our things after dancing class. "I'm good. Just have some things on my plate right now." A frown pestered on her pretty face. "If you need anything, a shoulder to cry on, a friend to talk to, I'm here for you, okay?" I force out a laugh as she hugs me. "Thanks, but it's just some stupid things. I'm perfectly fine. Let's wash up, shall we?"  

I wonder if he came again. Nah, I've told all my maids to get him off if he come to my house. I stir my latte. Will Jess be alright? What if he do something to her? Worse, what if he hurt her? He did that before, and I'm sure he's willing to do that again. Gosh, I should've hired a bodyguard. Is it too late if I call Mrs. Kim now to hire one? I stir my latte. "So, Elle, are you free on that day?" I drift my gaze from the latte. "Huh?" Since when did Park Hajoon sit in front of me? "Great. This kid haven't been listening at all." I forced a smile. "Yeah. Sorry. Just some family matters." He takes a sip on his black coffee, as I do so. My latte has gone cold. "Yeah, I heard you did couple of mistakes here and there on your lessons." I shrugged. "Okay, I'll repeat. So, tomorrow, all YG artist will go to this show on SBS building. I know you won't know even if I mention that. I also know the only Korean show you know is Running man." I grinned as I make a mental note to learn more about variety shows in Korea. "There will be a dance off, and interviews and stuff, and I think it's a good place for you to learn, from the basics of variety shows in Korea, and you can help out too, maybe as 2ne1 co-manager? One of them couldn't come." He glances at me. "Just think of it as your gift, and an opportunity to study. You've done an impressive job in the past months." He laughs. "I can proudly say that you're our best trainee so far. And it's a month away to your announcement of your university, and whether I will be meeting you somewhere in Paris, in a big musical, or whether I will be your manager here in Korea, I'll support you. He pats my head. I smiled sadly. It's almost time for me to decide, isn't it? Well, I can use this as a distraction. It seems fun. And Jess told me to go live my life. Also, who knows it helps me decide? "Sure. I'd love to come."


Hey guyss! So sorry for the late update :( I swear I had half of this chapter written the next day after I updated chapter 10. I totally swear. But then some of my results came, and I didn't pass one of my material in university, and it devastates me :( and I haven't told my parents yet, since my dad went for work somewhere, and I want to tell them face to face... Probably 2moro... And it drives me totally crazy. I cried a lot. And... today when I met my aunt and my cousin, they asked me if I want to spend my holiday in Korea at December and my mom kind of gave me a positive signals, and I think I'll be able to be an apprentice in my uncle's friend's company, which is quite huge, since they kind of build some kind of famous building in their city. And I lost the moment to tell my mom.. I think... I don't want to spoil the mood. Duh. Just wish me luck. -____-

Anyway, enough about me and my stupid boring story of my life. Just so you knoww, this story isn't ending soon! Or so I think. I pretty much already have the images here and there for the next chapters, and it's not ending soon... I guess. But let's just see it in the future. LOL.

Thankyou for the subscribers, for the readers, for those who patiently wait for the ever so long update. 

And thankyou for comments, don't forget to subscribe and upvote! 

Meloveyouguys (Why is this sounds like some kind of award speech?)

 

Ciaooo and xoxo