Fourteen - Bitter End

You're the One for Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

And it's a bitter end to a story so sweet...

(This Moment - Nic Chagall)

 

Yonghwa rushed towards Sowon Hospital where Jonghyun worked. Jonghyun just called and told him that Joohyun was brought there some hours ago. He almost broke into anger because Jonghyun just told him late. But Jonghyun said that he had a reason. So, Yonghwa held himself in the end.

He looked at his wristwatch again and it was already 1 AM. But he didn’t care. He was so worried.

Why was Joohyun brought there? I hope she is okay…he prayed inwardly.

He asked the front office the moment he entered the hospital, and walked fast towards Lavender patient’s ward where the Joohyun was treated afterwards.

He found the ward number 2 and was about to enter it when he realized that there was someone there. It was…Shinhye?

“I don’t know what your true intention is, Shinhye-ssi. And I don’t know where you got the information about me here. You’re fast enough to reach me even before my husband arrives. But if you’re here to confront me, let’s pretend that you win. I have no energy to confront you back.”

THUMP!

Yonghwa shocked with what he just heard. He couldn’t believe it, Joohyun said that to Shinhye.

But Joohyun was right. It was passed midnight, and it was too late for Shinhye to visit her in hospital.

He always thought that it was just the problem between him and Shinhye, then his problem with Joohyun. He never realized it that there was a problem too between his wife and his best friend. And it was wider than he expected it.

He was about to stop them, when suddenly he held himself. He decided to find out what really happened between them. He might be look cowards by overhearing their conversation like that, but he needed to know their point of views.

“It’s so funny. You just put yourself as the only one victim since the beginning, and make everyone accused me as a homewrecker when I tried my best to get rid my feeling towards him. And now, you success make them blame me again because of what happened to you.” Shinhye said as she sound stammered.

“I just can’t take it anymore, Joohyun-ssi. As so you know, that’s true that I love Yonghwa. But I love him long before he married you. I never regret it, my feeling for him. And I don’t regret with what have happened in Jeju!”

“Mwo?!” Yonghwa was really surprised with Shinhye’s statement.

He felt sorry for Shinhye with what happened to their friendship, but he always refused to believe that she really had a bad intention to Joohyun. But she said to Joohyun that she loved him. And Yonghwa was scared.

What if Joohyun feel more guilty because of that?

But then Yonghwa realized it. Shinhye’s last sentence and the message that she sent to Joohyun were really have similar meaning.

Why did she do that? Yonghwa said inwardly, felt disappointed even more.

“Wae, is it hurt? It’s same as me, Joohyun-ahh. Do you know how hurt it is when everyone accused me for doing what I never did?”

He heard Shinhye continued. He held his own breath because the tension between them was increasing.

“But in the end you did it, didn’t you? You destroy my marriage. Don’t blame me if everyone accused you, because you indeed had a bad intention from the beginning. If you really respect our married, you wouldn’t do that in the end.”

STAB!

His heart was stung by Joohyun’s words. She sounded so cold. But he denied that their marriage was destroyed.

No, Joohyun-ahh. I won’t let it happen…

But then he heard Shinhye giggled coldly then said, “Do you think you act any better than me?”

What does she mean?

“What do you mean?” Joohyun asked her back.

“I saw you, that night. When you ran away.” Shinhye started.

What?

“You entered his car. I know he is your ex-boyfriend. He still has a feeling towards you, I know it. You meet him often too after he moved to SKKU. Who knows what have happened between you two after that, right?”

Yonghwa felt his heart was beating crazily after he heard that from Shinhye.

And then suddenly someone patted her back. Yonghwa was surprised then turned around to see Jonghyun who stood behind him.

“What are you doing?” Jonghyun asked.

Yonghwa was about to reply him when suddenly he heard Joohyun’s voice again.

“I’m not as cheap as you who just seduced someone else’s husband, Shinhye-ssi.” Joohyun reply sounded colder than before.

“Yahh! We need to stop them!” Jonghyun whispered in panic.

“But it’s the fact. You entered his car, that night.” they heard Shinhye insisted. “And I know you’re pregnant. But after what I had seen that night, are you sure that it’s Yonghwa’s child?”

“It’ll be so dangerous for Joohyun and the baby, Yonghwa-yahh. Joohyun can not be stress.” Jonghyun added worriedly.

It took three seconds for Yonghwa to realize it.

“What? Joohyun? And…the baby?” Yonghwa couldn’t believe with what he just heard, but suddenly…

PLAKKK!@#$%^

Yonghwa and Jonghyun looked at each others in horror. They were late…

“JOOHYUN-AHH!” Yonghwa shouted as he opened the door abruptly.

He still could see Joohyun looked at him, before she collapsed…

 

Yonghwa sat lifelessly as he looked at Joohyun who slept peacefully in front of him. The baby was too weak. Dr Choi told him that she would get a miscarriage naturally if the baby couldn’t make it. But if there was nothing happen until tomorrow, then they still had a hope. The baby might still be saved. Joohyun was in intensive care because of that.

God, I almost kill my own baby…

Yonghwa regretted it so much. He should stop them earlier. But he just let Joohyun got so much stress. He really wanted to play back the time. He didn’t want to lose his baby.

God, please…save my baby…

He was too occupied with his own thought until he didn’t realize that Jonghyun was already stood beside him.

“I think you should call Joohyun’s Eoma or Yoona. It would be better if she see them instead of you when she is awake.” Jonghyun suddenly said.

Yonghwa looked up at Jonghyun after he said that.

“I know what you feel, but we can’t add more stress to her. Let’s focus on your baby first.” Jonghyun added. “I forbid Shinhye and myself to meet her too.”

But Yonghwa didn’t have much energy to reply him.

“I know it’s not a good time, but what really happened in Jeju?” Jonghyun suddenly asked.

“Mwo?” for the first time since Dr Choi left, Yonghwa finally opened his mouth again.

What happen with everyone? Yonghwa couldn’t believe it. Everyone just thought the same thing about what had happened in Jeju.

“What did you do with Shinhye in Jeju?” Jonghyun repeated his question, but more detail.

Yonghwa took a very deep breath as he felt so tired. “I don’t know what you are thinking, but there is NOTHING happened in Jeju…”

 

In the end, Yonghwa followed Jonghyun’s suggestion to call Joohyun’s mother. He told her everything and prepared himself if his mother-in-law would attack him with anger. But it seemed that Al Gomo didn’t want to intervene in their problem. She said that it was their problem so it should be them who solved it. She just wanted to focus on Joohyun’s health and the baby. And Yonghwa felt so relieved because of that.

Yonghwa had thought so deeply too, as he waited beside Joohyun. And he already decided it.

He then walked out of Joohyun’s ward, but he was surprised to see Shinhye sat not far from him.

She is still here. He said inwardly and felt like it was a good chance. He needed to talk with her.

Yonghwa walked towards her.

“Yonghwa-yahh…” she whispered weakly.

“I need to talk with you.” Yonghwa said shortly and walked ahead. Shinhye then followed him behind.

When they finally reached the stair in the left wing of Sowon hospital, Yonghwa stopped. It was a quiet place. He thought it was a good place for them to talk. Beside he didn’t want to be too far from Joohyun’s ward.

Yonghwa turned around. And Shinhye looked like she wanted to cry already. But Yonghwa’s heart

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter