Thirteen - Let It Rain

You're the One for Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
It won’t stop, no matter how I cried.
It won’t stop, no matter how I pray.
Now it’s washing us away.
Now I can no longer connect our last reparation, right.
Just let it rain... (Let It Rain - Girl's Generation)

Joohyun woke up when a headache hit her again. She couldn’t sleep again last night. Truthfully, she really couldn’t sleep at all for these days. She still cried silently every night too, because…

God, it’s too hard…

She just felt so stupid. She was too simple minded to think that everyone could be happy as long as they tried her best. But it was not that simple. She had tried, her best, but still it didn’t turn out like she expected.

But she didn’t want to blame Yonghwa, or Shinhye. It was her fault from the beginning. She shouldn’t marry Yonghwa if she knew it would turn like this in the end. And for the first time since she married him, she regretted it so much.

She tried to trust him. She really tried to trust them, and yet it was out of her control. She couldn’t control someone else’s feeling. She knew it, but still…it hurts so much…

And for almost a week she ran away from Yonghwa, she thought deeply. She wouldn’t blame him. She wouldn’t blame them.

It was not because she was too naïve or what. She just thought that she was too coward to face him…and her. She couldn’t bear it, it was too painful. And she decided to…give up…

Yes, she couldn’t force it anymore. It’ll hurt her even more, and it’ll hurt them as well. She just needed to step back from them.

And it was already one week of grief for her and she should move on. She needed to be strong.

She then got up from the bed and looked at the clock. It was 5 PM. She took a deep breath before walked towards the bathroom even if she felt so dizzy. She just realized that she had not eaten since last night. But she didn’t feel hungry at all.

She was finished bathing when she heard someone was entering the passcode. She went out of the bedroom right away after that.

“I bought the dinner, Eonnie. Let’s eat together after I take a bath, okay.” Soojung said cheerfully.

Joohyun smiled gratefully because of that. “Gomawo, Soojung-ahh. Mian, I give you so much trouble these whole week.” She said weakly.

“Aniyo~ Eonnie. Don’t talk like that. You’re my Eonnie. Of course, I have to help you.” Soojung said as she walked towards her and hugged her.

Joohyun felt so touched by her words. She felt so grateful towards Soojung. She didn’t only help her and kept her whereabouts a secret from their family, but she didn’t ask anything too. Soojung might be still young, but she was very understanding.

Actually Joohyun felt so guilty towards her too. She just forced Soojung to keep silent, even if she knew very well it was so hard for her.

She didn’t intend to go to her apartment that night. After she cried a lot in Yunho’s car, she then realized that she didn’t have a place to go. She couldn’t go to her parents’s house. She couldn’t make them worry about her problem. Beside it was really late. And she couldn’t go to Yoona’s apartment because Yonghwa would guess it easily. And when she was finally back to her sense, she realized that they were not that far from Soojung’s apartment. She couldn’t stay with Yunho too long. She was still a married woman after all. That was why, without think twice, she asked Yunho to drop her in front of Soojung’s apartment.

She still remembered Soojung’s expression the moment she opened the door. She looked so worry but didn’t ask her anything until Joohyun begged her to not tell anyone, especially Yonghwa that she was there. Soojung was so hesitate at first, but she agreed in the end.

But Joohyun couldn’t stay at her apartment any longer. She needed to start find a place for herself.

She then walked towards the kitchen to prepare the dinner, but suddenly a very bad headache hit her. She needed to grab the table to hold herself from falling. But...

“Ahh…” she gasped in so much pain as she grab her head.

And suddenly…her vision became black…she was collapse…

 

***

 

Soojung went out of the bathroom as she started drying her wet hair. She then remembered about Minhyuk’s accusation. She felt so worried. She promised Joohyun to not tell anyone.

But what if Minhyuk-ssi already knew?

Soojung then took a deep breath and tried to get rid her worry. She actually wanted to know what happened between her brother with her sister-in-law. But she couldn’t ask Joohyun because she looked really sad since that night. Joohyun was crying every night and it hurt her so much to hear her crying like that. She had tried to ask Yonghwa about this too, but his mind was too occupied by searching his wife, when actually she was with her. And Soojung felt so guilty towards Yonghwa in the end, but she already promised that she wouldn’t tell anyone.

She then went out of her room after that. But it was strange because she couldn’t see Joohyun from her spot.

She walked towards the kitchen as she called, “Eonnie?”

But what she saw shocked her. Joohyun laid down on the floor.

“Oh My God, Eonnie!” Soojung then tried to wake her up. “Eonnie, jebalyo~” she started to cry.

She was really scared. What if something bad happen to her? And her mind was too blank to know what she should do at that moment.

And as if God just knew her fear, her phone suddenly rang. Without think twice, she answered it and said, “…whoever you are…just please…help me…”

“Soojung-ssi, what happen????” she heard someone asked worriedly in other line.

But she just cried harder.

“Calm down, Soojung-ssi. Just tell me what happen, so I can help you.” He said as he tried to calm her.

“My Eonnie just fainted…please I don’t know what to do…” she finally replied as she sobbed hard.

“M – mwo?” he sounded surprised, but he then said, “Don’t panic, Soojung-ssi. I’ll call the ambulance. But please check her breath first.”

Between her cried, she then placed her forefinger near Joohyun’s nose. “I don’t know if it’s normal or not. But she’s still breathing.”

“It’s okay, as long as she’s still breathing.” He said again. “Just calm down, I’ll call the ambulance. You stay with her, and call me right away if anything happen. I’m on the way to your house right now, so please tell me your address.”

Soojung then tell him her address as her heart kept pounding crazily. But at least she was calmer than before. She just hoped the ambulance would come soon.

Jebal…

It was so fortunate that the ambulance came five minutes later. They brought Joohyun into the ambulance as Soojung kept crying.

“Do you think you can accompany her, Soojung-ssi?” someone just asked her.

Soojung turned around to see him. And she didn’t know why she was not surprised to find Kang Minhyuk behind her.

“Ne~ I should be with her~” she said firmly. But deep inside her heart, she was still scared. But she needed to be strong for Joohyun.

Yes, I need to be strong…

He then looked at her worriedly. “Okay then. Please, stay with her, Soojung-ssi. Don’t worry, I’ll follow the ambulance behind.” He said as he patted her head rightly.

It was just a very simple act, but she felt so calm because of that. She then entered the ambulance.

 

***

 

Jonghyun was walking towards his room and walked pass the ER unit, when suddenly he felt so surprised to see Soojung and Minhyuk were there. He then entered the ER to see what happened. But what he had seen surprised him even more. They were gathering around a ward where Joohyun laid unconsciously there.

“What happen?” Jonghyun asked immediately.

“Jonghyun Oppa!” Soojung was surprised to see him.

“What happen with her?” Jonghyun asked the nurse there.

“Ahh Dr. Lee?” but suddenly someone joined them. “Is she your acquaintance?”

“Ne~ Dr. Choi, what happen with her?” he repeated his question.

“She is five weeks pregnant. But it seems that she doesn’t know about her pregnancy according to Soojung-ssi’s information. And she is in stress condition too. It’s so dangerous for the ba

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter