Twelve - Cloudy Day

You're the One for Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
cloudy days show the world's true face... -unknown-

 

Yonghwa drove carefully as he thought about something deeply. He knew that Joohyun was upset. Yonghwa was surprised too when Joohyun took out that umbrella and said that Shinhye had returned it to her. He expected Shinhye would return it to him directly instead of gave it to Joohyun.

Actually, he lied to Joohyun because of Shinhye. It was Shinhye who suggested him to celebrate their wedding anniversary in Namhae. She was there for about two days for business trip and she said that Namhae was as beautiful as Jeju and it was not too far from Busan. So she offered him to book a suite for their anniversary. And Yonghwa agreed. But she said that Joohyun shouldn’t know. It should be a surprise for her. And Yonghwa considered the fact that Joohyun was still insecure about Shinhye too. So he finally agreed to keep it a secret.

At that night, after Shinhye went back from Namhae, she asked him to meet to explain the detail about Namhae to him. The bill that Joohyun found in the car was Shinhye’s. And he lent that umbrella to her at that night too. But Yonghwa couldn’t tell Joohyun about that. That was why Yonghwa lied to Joohyun.

But he regretted it so much. And if he remembered what had happened in Jeju, he felt so stupid.

So he decided that he would tell Joohyun everything, included the Jeju incident. It might be hurt her, but it for the best.

He entered his home and expected to see his wife was waiting for him but he didn’t find her in the living room like she always did. He then walked to the kitchen but then he saw that the dining table was so clean. Joohyun always prepared a dinner for him no matter how late he came. But suddenly his eyes caught something strange in the couch. Joohyun never let the house untidy. But there was a box there and it was still opened. He then walked closer and he was shocked with what he saw. He found a note too on the floor. And he gasped in horror after he read it. He then ran fast towards the bedroom but it was empty. He entered the bathroom and he realized that it was still dried.

“Andwae~!!!” Yonghwa ran fast to check Joohyun’s drawer but it seemed that she didn’t bring her clothes. Then he started to call her, and as he feared, she turned off her phone.

God! He screamed inwardly as he tried to call her again. He felt so weak out of sudden until he needed to sit on the bed. But he still couldn’t reach at all. He then tried to call Yoona but she didn’t pick it up. And it made him mad. He mad of himself.

Jebal, Joohyun-ahh…he kept praying inwardly as he called her again, but it was useless. So he decided to wait for Yoona. He hoped that she would answer it in the end.

Yonghwa ended his call to Yoona and was about to call Joohyun again, when suddenly his phone rang. But it was from Jonghyun.

He exhaled impatiently as he answered it. “Let’s talk later, Jonghyun-ahh.” he said to the point and was really going to end it when Jonghyun asked. “Wae?”

Yonghwa took a deep breath before decided to just tell him briefly. “Joohyun is gone and I don’t know where she is right now. She turns off her phone. So I need to call Yoona-ssi right now. Let’s…”

“Then why don’t you go to Yoona’s apartment instead of calling her like that?” Jonghyun cut it off. “Do you think she will answer you if Joohyun is really there?” As always, he was so fast in catching the situation.

“She moved out after Joohyun was not living with her anymore. I don’t know her current address. And I don’t know Kang Minhyuk phone number to ask him…” Yonghwa felt so tired as he massaged his temple. He felt so stupid too. Yoona was his wife’s best friend, and yet he didn’t know anything about her. He knew that Yoona didn’t like him. That was why he drew a line from her too. And he regretted it so much.

“I’ll send you her address. Let’s meet her there.” Jonghyun said shortly before he ended their conversation.

Yonghwa was surprised by that, but he felt so relieved in the same time. At least he knew Yoona’s address, and he just hoped that Joohyun was really there.

Not long after that, Jonghyun’s message was received. Yonghwa walked fast to his car as he tried to call Soojung.

“Soojung-ahh…” he greeted her right after his sister answered it. “Did Joohyun call you?”

“What? No…” Soojung sounded confused by his abrupt question. “Waeyo, Oppa?”

“There is a misunderstanding, and I don’t know where she is right now.” He said simply.

“M – mwo? Joohyun Eonnie is missing? Yahh! Oppa! You jinjja…”

“I don’t have a time to hear your curse, Soojung-ahh. Just tell me if she calls you, ahrasso?” Yonghwa cut it off coldly.

“…” Soojung silenced at first, before she said, “Ne~”

After that he ended his call, and considered to call his mother. But he knew that Joohyun wouldn’t make their parents worry about their problems. Besides it was already so late. So he decided to not call her in the end. He just hoped he could find Joohyun and cleared up all their problems before their parents knew.

Joohyun-ahh…jebal…

 

***

 

Yoona just finished bathing then put a night cream on her face. She was ready to go to sleep when she decided to check her phone first. But it surprised her so much when she saw 24 missed calls from Jung Yonghwa. The first call was about one and half hour ago.

She bit her thumb as she considered to call him back, but suddenly the bell rang. Yoona looked at the clock and it was almost midnight. Who would come to her apartment this late?

She then looked at the monitor and gasped in surprise to see Jung Yonghwa and Lee Jonghyun stood right in front of her apartment door. But she managed to open the door in the end.

“Sorry for disturbing you this late, Yoona-ssi. I’ve called you so many times but you didn’t answer it.” Yonghwa said to the point.

“Ahh..mianheyo~ I was just showering when you called.” Yoona felt so guilty as she said that. “What happen? Ahh…but please come in first.” Yoona then invited them to enter instead of talking in front of her apartment door like that.

“What happen, Yonghwa-ssi?” Yoona repeated her question after that. She didn’t even think to offer them a cup of tea because she felt so worry. And they were still in standing position.

It must be about Joohyun. She concluded inwardly.

“…” Yonghwa didn’t reply her right away, but after a few seconds, he said, “Joohyun is missing. I don’t know where she is…”

Yoona didn’t absorb it at first. It took several seconds too, before she said, “M – mwo???”

Joohyun is missing?

She was surprised, but she tried her best to not explode at that time. “You mean she is missing and you don’t know her whereabouts and you think that she is here…with me?”

The fact Joohyun was missing and didn’t tell anything to her, worried her so much.

“Ne~…Did she call you or told you something?” Yonghwa asked further. “I’m so worried, Yoona-ssi. Please tell me if you know where she is…”

Yoona then glared sharply to him. “Why should I?”

“M – mwo?” Yonghwa was surprised by Yoona cold answer.

“Why should I tell you where she is if I know?” she repeated it clearly. “Do you think I will let you hurt her more than this? She’s not a typical woman who will run away from the problem easily. The fact that she is missing right now means she is too hurt to face it. Don’t you realize it?” Yoona said as she stammered and started to cry.

She didn’t know what really happened to Joohyun but she knew it very well that it must be about Shinhye. She never agreed when Joohyun decided to let her husband and that girl maintain their friendship. And what she feared the most was slowly happening, Joohyun felt more insecure because of that girl. And she was sure that Shinhye really did something to her best friend this time until she ran away like that.

Oh God…The thought of Joohyun was alone tonight was hurt her too. Joohyun was like a little sister for her. She wouldn’t let anyone hurt her like that. Not even Jung Yonghwa. Or that girl…

“But I can explain it, Yoona-ssi…”

Yoona just gave him a sarcasm laugh as she wiped her own tears. “I don’t need your explanation, Yonghwa-ssi. And don’t ever think you have a chance to explain anything to her because I won’t let you hurt her with your stupid excuse.”

“And tell Shinhye that she doesn’t need to make it obvious to just hurt Joohyun’s heart.” She added abruptly. And when she looked at his expression, he looked surprised but didn’t deny it.

“Oh God…” Yoona couldn’t believe it.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter