Three - Best Friends

You're the One for Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sometimes being a friend means mastering the art of timing. There is a time for silence. A time to let go and allow people to hurl themselves into their own destiny. And a time to prepare to pick up the pieces when it’s all over. – Octavia Butler

 

The next week after the funeral, Joohyun and Yonghwa decided to come back to Seoul.

Fortunately, Joohyun worked and lived in Seoul too. So, they decided to live together in Yonghwa’s apartment. But Joohyun need to brought her stuffs in her apartment where she lived together with her best friend for almost 3 years.

Yonghwa asked so many things to Joohyun during the way back to Seoul. He told her that he needed to know all about his wife. He was really surprised when he knew that Joohyun was in her way to become a Professor when she just 25 years old now.

"How about you? Don't you want to ask something to me? Don't you want to know about me?" Yonghwa asked her in the end as he couldn’t hide his disappointment because Joohyun seemed like didn’t interest to asking back.

“What?” Joohyun surprised by her husband sudden question. “But I already know about you, Oppa. You’re five years older than me and you’re work as Jungs Corp CEO in Seoul.” She said innocently and success made Yonghwa speechless.

“Mwoo?” Yonghwa laughed so hard. “Aigoo~ my wife is really cute, jinjja.”

Joohyun blushed by her husband words.

“You’re so blunt, Hyun-ahh. Honest, but cute. I’m so surprised, jinjja. It seems that little Hyunnie that I knew 20 years ago is changed. But in a positive way.” Yonghwa said truthfully.

Joohyun still blushing, but deep inside her heart she felt relieved because she thought they would become awkward towards each other. But Yonghwa really tried to melt their situation.

 

They arrived in Seoul right at midnight. Joohyun already called her best friend that she would come home that night, but she had not told her about their marriage yet.

Joohyun decided to just press the bell even though she knew her apartment passcode.

"Yahh? Hyunnie~" Yoona's voice was heard when she knew that it was Joohyun who pressed the bell. "Why do you~OMG, you're not alone!" Yoona shouted when she looked at the monitor and hurriedly opened the door.

"Why do you come late?" Yoona asked as she looked Joohyun and Yonghwa entered their apartment.

"Unnie~I'm sorry if I disturb you." Joohyun said nervously. "Hmm...first of all...meet my...husband, Jung Yonghwa."

Yoona didn't absorb what Joohyun said instantly, but when she already back to her sense...

"Your~WHAT??!!"

 

"Yahh!!! How dare you!!!" Yoona nagged a lot while Joohyun busy arranged her stuffs into her trunk. Yonghwa just waited her in the living room.

"You disappeared in one morning and come back with your husband? HUSBAND??? Oh My God, you're really~Aiiissshhh!!!" Yoona still shouted her frustration towards Joohyun. It had been ten minutes Yoona talked nonstop but Joohyun decided to not replied her back.

"Unnie~please, I'll explain it later. But not tonight please. I'm promise to tell you tomorrow, oke?" Joohyun finally said something after she finished her stuffs.

"Just for your information, Hyunnie~I hate you tonight~" Yoona said again as she became teary.

"Unnie~" Joohyun felt so guilty and hugged her. "I'm sorry but it's a long story, and it's so complicated. Please, forgive me~ I'll tell you everything tomorrow. Promise." Joohyun added. In the end they’re cry together.

"Aigoo~” Yoona said as she pull herself and wiped her tears. “I’m so disappointed, jinjja. But you know that I can't really hate you, Hyunnie-yahh. And I know you're so tired today. I feel sorry for your husband too because I nagged a lot for about ten minutes. So, just go home!" Yoona added.

"Thank you, Unnie~" Joohyun who still cried just hugged Yoona again.

"But I still need your explanation tomorrow. Full story. No cut!!!"

"Promise~"

 

"So, I guess tomorrow would be your longest day? Full of explanation?" Yonghwa asked jokingly as he helped her brought her trunk to the car after they said goodbye to Yoona.

"Yes, I guess so~"

 

Finally they're arrived in Yonghwa apartment. As expected, his apartment was much better than hers.

But it was so comfortable for a man's apartment. Joohyun didn't expect that his apartment would be look so neat and clean like that.

"Welcome~" Yong Oppa said as he placed Joohyun trunk in the middle of living room. "I'm sorry if you're not comfortable with my apartment. As you know, it was a single man's apartment until last week. I'll find a new house for both of us as soon as possible. So, please bear it for a while, okay?"

"Aniyo~ Oppa. It’s more than enough for us. I don't mind if we live here." Joohyun said immediately.

"No, Hyun-ahh. I'll still find a proper house because it’ll not only for us. We need a bigger house for our family.” Yonghwa said and smiled while Joohyun became blushed again.

Family~ Yes, he’s right. We’re family now...Joohyun said in her mind as her heart beat crazily.

“But I need to tell something, Hyun-ahh.” Yonghwa, who just came back from the kitchen and brought her a glass of water, spoke. “My apartment just has two bed rooms, but one room is still my study room. So, you can use my room until I tidy up my study room. Is that okay?”

Joohyun received the glass. “Hmm and where do you sleep, Oppa?” Joohyun asked him back, felt little bit uneasy.

“Ahh. There’s couch here and my study room. Don’t worry.” He answered calmly and brought again her trunk towards his room that will become her room.

Joohyun tried to think about their situation. She knew that her husband really wanted to make her comfortable. She felt so grateful because of that. But he told that they would learn together, learn to love each other and made their marriage worked, so...

 

“I already tidy up my bed room. You must be tired, so just go to sleep.” Yonghwa said again as he came out of his room.

Joohyun nodded and got up. Yonghwa still in front of his room and opened his room for Joohyun. “Good night, Hyun-ahh. Sleep well.” He said with intimate tone that success made her heart beat more crazily. But she need to keep her senses and told him her thought before he closed the door.

“Oppa, wait.” Joohyun finally managed herself to spoke even though her heart still fluttered. Yonghwa who intended to close the door just stop his action immediately. “Hmm...” Joohyun tried to consider her answer while Yonghwa waited. “You said that we’ll learn together Oppa, we’ll make our marriage works but take it slowly...so...” but in the end Joohyun couldn’t find her words to explain her thought to Yonghwa.

Yonghwa waited her to continue but it seemed that she confused to spoke again. “So...it’s okay for us to sleep together in one room from now on? One bed?” Yonghwa tried to help her express her intentions and Joohyun just nodded shyly.

“Are you sure?” Yonghwa asked again to make sure. “We’ll have so much time, Hyun-ahh. I won’t rush you, jinjja.” He said again as he patted Joohyun’s head.

“No, Oppa. I’m oke.” Joohyun spoke again as she looked into his eyes.

Yonghwa tried to found any doubts in his wife’s eyes, but he smiled in the end. “Oke, let’s sleep, Hyun-ahh!” He said as he entered his room, their room for exactly, and closed the door.

That night they just slept because of tiredness and didn’t do anything. Yonghwa totally kept his promise to take their marriage slowly, and didn’t rush her.

 

***

 

“So, why did you marry Seo Joohyun? Tell me, ppalli!” Jungshin, who was so curious about the reason of Yonghwa’s marriage, asked.

“Yahh! How could you talk like that to your Boss?” Yonghwa scolded him but couldn’t hold his grinned.

“It’s a break time, and we’re not in the office. So, just tell me, Hyung! Ppalli!” Jungshin insisted.

Jungshin might be was Yonghwa’s personal assistance, but Jungshin was like his brother. Their closeness was like siblings because Jungshin already worked as his assistance for about 3 years.

“She is Kyuhyun Hyun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter