Two - Wedding

You're the One for Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.

— Harry (Billy Crystal), When Harry Met Sally

 

 

Yonghwa walked towards rooftop, but when he finally arrived, he saw someone already be there.

Wait, is she Joohyun?

He heard all she said to a picture, that he guessed it was Kyuhyun hyung picture.

My hyung~

It really hurt to hear what she said. He remember, everytime Harabeoji talked or hugged or kissed him, Kyuhyun hyung just stood and smiled from a far. 

At that time, he was clueless what really happen between them. Why did Harabeoji act so cold towards them? He even ignored Kyuhyun hyung.

Yonghwa hurt when he remembered Kyuhyun hyung expression when he got first place on final exam, but Harabeoji complimented Yonghwa who just got second place. But Kyuhyun never hated Yonghwa. He always loved Yonghwa as if he was his own sibling.

He remember too, when Kyuhyun hyung was diagnosed with leukemia. He received all his fate with a big heart, while Yonghwa cried so hard at that time.

"Don't cry, Yongyong-ahh" Kyuhyun said as she patted Yonghwa head. "It doesn't matter. Everybody will die one day."

"But I don't want you to die," little Yonghwa sobbed hard.

"Yahh, I'm not die yet," Kyuhyun said as she chuckled, but Yonghwa still cried.

"Yongyong-ahh, could you grant my wish?" Kyuhyun asked so suddenly, and it success made Yonghwa stopped his sob and turned to him.

Kyuhyun took a deep breath and said, "Look, it’s just if, okay. If I..."

"No! I won't grant your wish!" Yonghwa cut Kyuhyun words immediately as if he knew what Kyuhyun words leading to. "You'll get well soon. So, just keep your wish and grant it by yourself." He added.

"Look, Yongyong-ahh." Kyuhyun smiled and tried to make Yonghwa listened him.

"No! I won't hear you!" Yonghwa insisted to not hear him as he covered his ears.

"It's okay if you won't hear me, but I'll still tell you my wish." Kyuhyun said again, and Yonghwa who still covered his ears just silent because he still could hear what his hyung said.

"If the time for me to leave comes, please take care of uri-Hyunnie." Kyuhyun said as he took a deep breath. "You know exactly she don't talk much. And I know that you have a hard time to know what she is thinking about..."

"No hyung, hyunnie talks so much every time she was around you or Al Gomo or Seo samchon, even with Ommoni she could talk freely, but not with me..." Yonghwa cut Kyuhyun words.

"She just feel not comfortable, Yongyong-ahh. So, please be patient to her. You know that she actually a sweet girl and she really care towards people around her." Kyuhyun explained and deep inside little Yonghwa heart, he agreed.

 

Yonghwa’s mind was distracted again when he heard Joohyun cried so hard until she broke and sat in the ground.

The scene in front of him was so painful. He remembered what Harabeoji said and Kyuhyun hyung wish and Joohyun...

He didn't know but he really wanted to embrace her.

He just squeezed his hands hard when suddenly his phone vibrated and he decided his choice.


***


Joohyun was so confused. There were too many things that happened. She was so shocked too when Yong Oppa blurted out of sudden that he would marry her.

In the end, here they are. They stood together on the rooftop, again, and stared to Seoul city light scene in front of them.

"Joohyun-ahh..."

"Yong Oppa..."

They talked at the same time after five minutes in silent.

"Ok, you first," Yonghwa said gently.

"No, Oppa first," but Joohyun refused. They looked each other and made Joohyun blushed while Yonghwa just chuckled.

"Ok. Look, Joohyun-ahh. I'm sorry if I seem like too force our situation. But I'm being serious here. I'm sincere with what I said before." Yonghwa said to the point. "There are some reasons why do I end up with that choice. It’s Harabeoji last wish, yes. But I see that it's not bad idea after all. We'll reunite our family."

Joohyun still silent, but when Yonghwa didn't continue again, she finally said, "I see, Oppa. I catch your point, but we just met again yesterday, after 20 years. We're like stranger for each other." Joohyun said very bluntly and success made Yonghwa surprised.

Deep inside her heart, Joohyun thought that might be Yong Oppa would ask her to become his temporary wife or something like contract marriage.

"I know, Joohyun-ahh. But I want to grant Harabeoji last wish." Yonghwa replied. "And please don't underestimate my sincerity. I'm not planning to request a contract marriage or something like that." Yonghwa added as if he knew what inside her heart.

"What?" Joohyun asked, surprised.

"Yes, I really want to marry you in a good way. Maybe we're not starting it with love, but we could learn it together. But I don't force you, if you already have a boyfriend." Yonghwa ended his words with implicit question.

"Do you...?" But Joohyun asked him back.

"What?" Yonghwa surprised by her sudden question.

"Do you have a girlfriend? We can't ignore her." Joohyun said as she looked directly into his eyes.

Yonghwa didn't answer. He was silent as if he considered something.

"No, I don't" he said after 2 minutes in silent. But Joohyun could see a doubt in his eyes.

Is he...lie?

But she said nothing and turned again to see the city light.

"You didn't answer my question, Joohyun-ahh." Yonghwa tried to remind her.

Joohyun took a deep breath again.

"Honestly, I don't intend to marry soon. I just get my settle job and I'll try to enjoy it a little bit longer before I decided to focus finding my Mr. Right and become a housewife." She answered honestly.

"But?" Yonghwa heard that her tone in the end of her sentence was little bit strange.

"But...I think so too. I want to grant Harabeoji last wish." She replied as she turned to look at him again. "I didn't really do so much for him. I would do anything for his happiness."

"Joohyun-ahh. I emphasize here, we'll through this marriage in slowly pattern. You could still work after we married. I won't forbid you to reach your dream." Yonghwa added and he reached her hands. "Hyun-ahh, marry me?" He asked full of sincerity as he squeezed her hands.

"Op..pa.." Joohyun surprised by his sudden proposal and gulped.

She felt that her heart beat crazily. She managed herself to take a deep breath before said, "Yes..."


***


They all gathered outside the ICU. Soojung already arrived from Seoul so she joined the conversation too.

"Don't force yourself. You know exactly that Harabeoji didn't intend to burden both of you." Abeoji said after Yonghwa and Joohyun tell their family about their occasion.

"No, Abeoji. We decide it without pressure." Yonghwa replied.

"We just don't want you regret it later. Both of you seem like decide it without a deep thinking." Seo samchon added.

Halmeoni, Ommoni, and Al Gomo didn't said anything. Yonghwa knew it well that deep inside their heart they wanted this marriage happen.

Yonghwa squeezed Joohyun left hand. "I know it sounds crazy. But we'll try our best to not regret it later." Yonghwa could feel his heart thumping after he said that.

“How about you, Hyunnie~?” Harabeoji asked to Joohyun.

“I...” Joohyun tried to consider her answer. “We’re not joking around with the decision, Samchon. We need your blessing so what we decide could bring happiness for our family.” Joohyun said as she looked toward Abeoji and her father eyes. Yonghwa could feel that her hand in his grip was become sweaty.

Yonghwa was aware that Abeoji and Seo samchon looked for a doubt from him or Joohyun. He himself, didn’t know too why he felt so confident about this choice, so what he could do was show them his sincerity. Even if his heart beat more crazily right now.

Abeoji turned to Seo samchon before he finally said, “Oke, if you think that it is your decision. You get my blessing, Son.”

“Just take care of my precious daughter, Yonghwa-yahh. I trust you,” Seo samchon added as he walked toward Yonghwa and they hugged each other.

“Aigoo...finally~” Halmeoni cried with happiness and hugged Yonghwa too, while Ommoni pull Joohyun into her embrace.

“Welcome back to our family, dear~” Ommoni said as she wiped Joohyun tears.

 

***

Joohyun couldn’t sleep at all that night. She was so confused, why she didn’t feel a doubt about he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter