Five - A Doubt

You're the One for Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Love and doubt have never been on speaking terms.
-Khalil Gibran-

 

Yonghwa still drown in his reports that Jungshin gave to him since afternoon. It’s already 6 o’clock and he really wanted to go home.

Home. Joohyun.

He couldn’t help to smile giddily everytime he remembered his wife, Joohyun. He didn’t know since when he felt so happy every time he thought about her. He knew clearly too that it was still far from love. But he knew that he was leading to there.

Sometimes he felt so guilty every time his lust took over his sense, like when he kissed her. He knew so well that he had not arranged his heart yet. But kissing her was really addicting. And Joohyun didn’t resist him too.

But when he recalled what had happen yesterday, in his birthday, he felt so guilty towards Joohyun and her. Shinhye. He had not explained to her what had happened yet.

But do I need to explain it to her? Yonghwa asked inwardly.

He looked again at his wrist watch and decided to stop his work. He tidied up his stuff, when someone entered his room so abruptly.

“Yahh! I told you to come, Yonghwa-yahh! Why are you still here?” Hongki shouted to him as Jungshin arrived in front of the door, feeling guilty because he couldn’t hold Hongki.

But Yonghwa could understand it so he just nodded to Jungshin as he walked back to his desk.

Hongki was his High School friend too, but not as close as Jonghyun to him. There was High School reunion that night and Hongki had told him to come but Yonghwa refused it already. He needed to finish all his work and came back home as fast as he could.

“I told you that I have so many things to do, Hongki-yahh,” Yonghwa replied as he chuckled.

“Yahh! And I told you to forget all your works! Let’s go now, or I drag you by force.” but Hongki threatened him so stubbornly.

Yonghwa didn’t have a choice, so he decided to agree before Hongki made a scene in his office.

It’s okay to come briefly and say hi to them. Yonghwa thought.

“Okay, but let me go to the bathroom first,” Yonghwa said when Hongki pulled his arm.

“Don’t take too long!” Hongki threatened him again and succeed make Yonghwa laughed.

But when Yonghwa still in the bathroom, his phone was rang. Hongki was about ignored it, but couldn’t help to peek at the phone. It was unknown number, but it kept ringing.

“It’s an important call?” Hongki asked to himself, before decided to pick it up.

“Yeobeoseyo~ Oppa?” he heard a girl voice. “My phone battery is run out, Oppa. So I borrow Yoona Unnie phone and…”

“Ahh, Yonghwa-ssi is so busy right now, Miss.” But Hongki cut it off. “He was so busy until he couldn’t pick any calls at this time. I’m so sorry, Miss. If you still have something to tell him, just tell me and I’ll deliver your message to him.”

“Ne~?” she sounded confuse. “But is Lee Jungshin there?”

“Lee Jungshin? Ahh ne, but he is so busy too. Don’t worry, I’ll tell him that you called, Miss. But maybe he’ll just call you back tomorrow since he’ll work until midnight.” Hongki added as he held his laughed.

“Ahh geuraeyo~. Thank you so much for…”

But Hongki already hung it up as he couldn’t hold his laugh any longer.

“Yahh! It must be from his crazy fans. How could she don’t know that Yonghwa is with Shinhye? Ahh, I'm so exasperated because their relationship doesn't improve until now.” Hongki muttered to himself as he turned off the phone.

“What happen with my phone?” but Yonghwa, who just got out from the bathroom, asked him right away because he looked Hongki held his phone.

“Ani~ it was just a wrong number phone calls.” Hongki lied. “But I’ll keep your phone until we arrive in café. Just in case, you’ll run away from me the second we reach the car.”

“Yahh~ I won’t do that, Hongki-yahh~” Yonghwa felt a little bit annoyed by Hongki stubbornness.

“I know, but I promise to return it to you as soon as we reach the café. Come on!” Hongki whined and Yonghwa took a deep breath, implicitly agreed.

Okay, let’s just follow whatever he told. The sooner we reach the café, the sooner I’ll go. Yonghwa told inwardly.

***

“Ahh geuraeyo~. Thank you so much for…”

TUTT!!!

“Wae?” Yoona asked as she munched the last spoon of her cheese cake.

Joohyun surprised with the sudden hung up.

It seems that Yonghwa Oppa is really busy. Joohyun told inwardly as she smiled gently.

“I don’t know, but it was not Yonghwa Oppa who picked up my call. He said that Yonghwa Oppa is so busy. But where is Jungshin?” Joohyun frowned as she returned Yoona’s phone.

“Just call Jungshin, if you still curious,” Yoona gave back her phone but Joohyun shook her head.

“It’s okay, Unnie. It seems that they are really busy right now. The man who picked my call said that he might be work until midnight. But he will tell Oppa that I called.” Joohyun said as she sipped her tea. She looked at the window and a heavy rain still pouring down.

She clucked in the end, gave up on her worries. “Can I borrow you phone again, Unnie? I’ll text Oppa just in case he couldn’t get my message.”

Yoona just nodded and Joohyun started to wrote her message.

“If he will work until midnight, it’s mean that you’ll be alone. Let’s just take a dinner here, Joohyun-ahh. It’s almost 7 o’clock.” Yoona suggested, felt so worry to her best friend. Fortunately, Joohyun agreed, and they started to look at the menu again.

Fifteen minutes after that, as they still waiting for their dinner came, they looked at the first floor café, that was reserved by someone.

“It seems that they hold a reunion there,” Yoona stated as she looked some people started gather around. They hugged to each other before drowned in their stories. “I hope there will be a reunion from my college friends too.”

“Waeyo, Unnie? It’s so rare to see you’re so excited about the reunion. You always made some excuses to avoid their invitation.” Joohyun chuckled by Yoona sudden statement.

“Yahh! It’s all because of you, Hyunnie-yahh!” But Yoona exclaimed back. “Who told you to get married so soon like that? You make me looks so lonely, you know. I’m older than you but you got married first. Hueeee….” Yoona made a fake crying as Joohyun laughed hard because of that.

“At least, I have to get a boyfriend first. It seems that I need to start thinking about married. I’m 28 years old this year, as so you know.” Yoona added, but she frowned out of sudden.

“But wait, Hyunnie-yah!” Yoona said abruptly when she looked at the first floor. “It’s just my imagination or I really see your husband?” Yoona asked as she pointed up to someone in the first floor.

Joohyun followed Yoona’s stare and found out…Jung Yonghwa. Yes, it was really him.

“But you said that he is so busy, Hyunnie-yahh?” Yoona kept asking while Joohyun didn’t know how to answer it.

She didn’t know at all.

But he won’t tell lies…right? Joohyun felt so uneasy out of sudden.

 

Joohyun munched her meat like she ate a rubber. The meat was so tasteless too. She tried to ensure herself that the man who picked up her call didn’t say he was so busy because of work.

Yes, I just need to trust him. Joohyun was cheering herself inwardly.

She tried to not look at him too much, but she kept following him with her corner eyes. Yoona became so silent out of sudden too.

Some minutes passed, when suddenly she looked Jonghyun presence who

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter