One - Family Reunion

You're the One for Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Family isn’t always blood. It’s the people in your life who want you in theirs. The ones you accept you for who you are. The ones who would do anything to see you smile, and who love you you no matter what. Unknown

 

"Harabeoji!" Yonghwa entered the inpatient room, where his grandfather was treated.

He just arrived from Seoul, after he got a call from his father that his grandfather was in critical condition.

He saw ommoni cried in abeoji embrace, and halmoni cried in an...ahjumma embrace. There are some people in the room beside his parents. They looked not familiar to him, but who are they?

"Yonghwa-yahh~" he heard his grandfather called him, so he hurriedly approach him.

He saw a girl who cried silently as her hand attached with his grandfather.

"Yong-ahh..." Harabeoji grabbed Yonghwa's hand and put it over that girl hands. "Please, yonghwa-yahh...please...I don't wanna lose her again. Please, it's my last wish, dear~"

Yonghwa stood blankly, but fully understood what his grandfather talking about.

"Hyunnie~I'm sorry, dear. Please, I just don't wanna lose you..." Harabeoji said again, this time he talked to that girl.

"Don't talk like that Harabeoji...you'll get well soon. We'll go to Jaeju together. You promise me..." She said as she sobbed.

Yonghwa could feel her hand squeezed harabeoji hands under him, but he didn't talk anything. Even when his stares matched with hers, he still silent.

Hyunnie? Oh My God, is she really Seo Joohyunnie?

 

 

Yonghwa sat alone in hospital cafeteria. His eyes looked at his Americano cup in his grabbed. His mind was in a mess.

He absorbed what was really happen before. Hyunnie, Seo Joohyunnie. Al Gomo, Seo samchon. Hyung~

It was too complicated. He was so confused. After almost 20 years, they were finally comeback, but without hyung, my hyung~

They tell him that hyung was died 18 years ago. How come? He knew that his hyung was sick, very sick. But he didn't think that he would leave him like that.

His mother explained him that his father finally could contact Seo samchon. So, when harabeoji condition dropped, abeoji hurriedly tell them.

Harabeoji was always feeling so guilty towards them. Almost 20 years, after imo and samchon decided to leave main house, harabeoji regretted all of his acts towards them. He tried to find them, but unfortunately, he lost their contact, until now.

He fully understood what harabeoji felt. Harabeoji didn't want to lose them anymore. But...

"Yonghwa-yahh" he heard his halmeoni called her. When he turned, he found his halmeoni and ommoni just walked towards him.

Halmeoni sat in front of him, while his mother sat beside him.

"What is that?" Halmeoni pointed out the cup in his grabbed. "Americano? Again? Aigoo, dear~ please, take care of your health. I know you're so busy, but too much caffeine is just..."

"Halmeoni..." He cut her and he rubbed his grandmother hands softly, as if he said that he understood what she was worried about. "I love you~" he added.

"Aigoo, this kid!" Halmeoni hit Yonghwa's hand softly. "You really know how to melt my heart."

He just laughed while his mother giggled beside him.

"Don't think too much, dear~" halmeoni said suddenly as she grabbed his hands again. "Don't feel so burdened because of what your grandfather said. He just too overwhelming to see his beloved daughter and his grandchild again after so many years, and he became greedy because of that."

Yonghwa just silent, but he turned to her mother as if he asked her opinion.

"If you asked my opinion, I would be really happy if you and hyunnie could end up together. I love her since she was born." His mother blurted out. She knew her son well, so she needed to tell him what she was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter