Eight - Accusation

You're the One for Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Have you ever noticed that being accused of something you didn't do, makes you want to do it? 
-unknown-

 

Joohyun entered Yonghwa’s office and felt the gloomy aura around them. She was about to greet them when suddenly Jonghyun said, “ Annyeong, Joohyun-ahh.”

“Annyeonghaseyo, Oppa.” Joohyun replied back then silenced, didn’t know what to do.

“Okay then, I’ll get going. See you, Joohyun-ahh.” Jonghyun finally bade them a goodbye.

After Jonghyun left, Joohyun looked at Yonghwa who was busy tidying up the table. Then he turned and smiled warmly to her.

Joohyun took a deep breath after seeing her husband smile. But still, she could see a sad expression in his face. In the end, Joohyun didn’t say anything and just sat beside Yonghwa as she started to prepare the lunch.

“Whoaaaa daebak. Thank you so much, Buin-ahh.” Yonghwa exclaimed cheerfully when he saw what Joohyun brought for him.

After that they just enjoyed their lunch together.

One hour later, when Yonghwa finally enjoyed watermelon juice and after Joohyun finished tidying up the lunch boxes, Joohyun took a deep breath again. She thought that she needed to ask him about Park Shinhye.

“I bumped into Shinhye unnie before…” Joohyun started, “She was crying.”

But Joohyun decided to not ask him, she just told him what she had seen.

Yonghwa turned to her, before he placed the empty bottle on the table then sighed. “Ne~ It seemed like she heard what I and Jonghyun were talking about.” Yonghwa replied honestly.

“Wae~yo?” Joohyun encouraged herself to ask further. She already promised to herself to trust him, so she tried to not afraid anymore.

“I decided to avoid her. She’s hurt by my avoidance…” Yonghwa replied simply as he stared into Joohyun’s eyes.

What?

“But waeyo? Why do you have to avoid her?” Joohyun couldn’t digest what Yonghwa had done to his best friend.

“It is my decision, Hyun-ahh. I know it hurts her so much. But I need to take my priority. It might be unfair for her, since she is my best friend. But I know she know that our friendship is not a pure friendship from the beginning. So, it should be stopped here. I should stop it here.” Yonghwa said sharply as he reached Joonhyun’s arm. “I believe time will heal us. And I believe one day when I and her meet again, we’ll really be a true friends.”

Joohyun felt so uneasy about Yonghwa’s decision. She didn’t know why. But she decided to not voice out her thought and just smiled to him.

 

A Week later

Joohyun was in Minhyuk’s car, together with Yoona. There was a heavy rain outside. That was why Minhyuk offered to drive them home. But suddenly her phone rang. It was from Yonghwa.

“Ne~ Oppa.” Joohyun answered his call.

“I just got news that Haelmoni is already in Seoul Hospital. Abeoji said that it would be better if she is treated here.” Yonghwa said to the point.

“Ne? Changkamnyo, Oppa. Could you explain me what happen with Haelmoni?” Joohyun couldn’t digest what had happened.

“Her diabetes is recurrence. Don’t panic, Hyun-ahh. I’m on my way to the hospital right now. But the rain makes the traffic jam everywhere. If you’re in your way home now, could you just go to hospital right away?” Yonghwa explained it in the end.

“Ahh I see…” Joohyun whispered worriedly. “Okay, Oppa. I’ll ask Minhyukkie to drive me to hospital…”

After that, she ended her conversation with Yonghwa. She asked Minhyuk to drive her to hospital too. And when she finally arrived, Yoona offered herself to accompany her.

Her family already gathered there when Joohyun and Yoona arrived.

Yonghwa hugged her the moment she came and kissed her forehead like he always did. After that, Joohyun walked towards her parents and Yonghwa’s parents to give them a hug too. Not long after that, Soojung joined them.

But the awkward moment was back when suddenly Jonghyun and…Shinhye came. Again.

“Heol~ she comes again.” Soojung whispered in annoyance but still could be heard by Joohyun.

“I’m so sorry if I come late, because it’s my off day. But I was with Shinhye when Abeoji called me.” Jonghyun explained it to Yonghwa’s parents.

Joohyun looked at Shinhye who gave her smile before she greeted Joohyun and Yonghwa’s parents too.

Joohyun took a deep breath as she remind herself that Shinhye was Yonghwa’s best friend so she was like family for them too. She needed to get use to it.

But Joohyun could see Shinhye’s sadness everytime Yonghwa’s mother talked as she grabbed Joohyun’s hand lovingly, or when Yonghwa suddenly sat next to her as he rubbed her cheek warmly. Yonghwa obviously ignored Shinhye’s presence after he greeted her briefly. She still felt so guilty because of that.

Thirty minutes later, Yoona and Soojung came as they brought some cups of coffee. Joohyun got up immediately to help them. But when Joohyun handed a cup of coffee to Shinhye, she saw Shinhye’s expression changed, before she smiled warmly.

Joohyun felt so scared out of sudden. But she didn’t know why.

Not long after that they got information that Haelmoni condition was getting better. In the end, Joohyun and Yonghwa offered themselves to stay in hospital that night, while their parents and Soojung could have some rest in home.

Then Shinhye bade them goodbye too. But Joohyun was surprised when Shinhye asked her a handsake.

The bracelet…

Shinhye wore a same bracelet with her and Yonghwa…

 

Joohyun still felt so uneasy with that Shinhye’s bracelet. But she tried to think that it might be just a coincidence.

Joohyun was sending Yoona who would go home too. But she was too occupied with her own thought so she couldn’t hear what Yoona had said to her.

“Yahh! Joohyun-ahh! You’re spacing out.” Yoona stated in annoyance.

“Ne~? Ahh…mianheyo Eonnie…” Joohyun apologized to her right away.

But when they reached parking lot, they saw Soojung who walked behind Shinhye. It was looked like Soojung was following Shinhye.

What are they doing?

“I saw you, Eonnie.” Soojung suddenly said and Shinhye needed to turn around.

Shinhye was looked surprised by Soojung sudden appearance.

Joohyun and Yoona froze in their spot because of that. They didn’t intend to overhear their conversation, but in the end, they just stood there, listened to all their conversation, without Shinhye and Soojung realized it.

“Saw what, Soojung-ahh?” Shinhye asked back, looked so clueless by Soojung random statement.

But then Soojung chuckled, before said. “I remember that you didn’t wear any jewelries when you came before. And I saw you looked at Joohyun Unnie’s bracelet when she gave you a cup of coffee. You went to washroom after that. But why do you suddenly wear that similar bracelet after you got out of the washroom?”

What? Seohyun was so surprised.

“What?” it seemed like Shinhye couldn’t digest what Soojung meant.

“Don’t act as if you’re innocent, Eonnie. I know you know that Joohyun Eonnie has a similar bracelet

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter