Nine - Overlook or Oversee?

You're the One for Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Why do "overlook" and "oversee" mean opposite things?
-   George Carlin

 

Yonghwa finished washing the dishes, when Joohyun gave him a cup of tea. Then they sat comfortably in the couch as they continue their conversation about their activities that day.

Truthfully, Yonghwa felt so tired these past weeks. Haelmoni sickness was not the only thing that became his concerns, but Joohyun’s feeling too. He always felt so uneasy everytime Shinhye was around. He could see that Joohyun tried her best to get used to it. But still, Yonghwa could see it, her insecurity.

And these past days, Yonghwa felt that there was something that bothered his wife’s mind too. But Joohyun wouldn’t spill it out without being asked. And he knew that Joohyun just didn’t want to add more worries to him. So when she finally place her empty cup and leaned her back into the couch, Yonghwa put his cup too then brought her head until she leaned on his shoulder.

Joohyun exhaled deeply after that and Yonghwa chuckled. “Wae? You can tell me, Buin-ahh…” he started.

But Joohyun didn’t say anything. She was considering something.

“You promised me already. You’ll tell me everything.” Yonghwa reminded her.

Joohyun then sat straightly because of that, as she looked at Yonghwa.

She is indeed lovely…Yonghwa admitted inwardly as he smiled then tucked the strands of her hair behind her ear.

Joohyun took a deep breath again before said, “I feel bad for Shinhye Eonnie…”

What?

But Yonghwa kept silenced and decided to listen first what she wanted to say.

“I feel bad for her. To be ignored by someone is so painful, Oppa. First by her parents, and now by you…” Joohyun said as she reached Yonghwa’s hand and played with his fingers.

How does she know about her family?

“I know that feeling, Oppa. Kyuhyun Oppa too…”

THUMP!!!

“My heart hurt when Harabeoji ignored me and Kyuhyun Oppa. My heart hurt when I saw Kyuhyun Oppa’s smile everytime Harabeoji talked with you. And my heart hurt too when I saw her cried because of you avoid her…”

Then Yonghwa felt like his heart just being stubbed by her words. He was just wanted to clear his heart and protect Joohyun’s feeling. But in the end, he hurt his wife’s feeling too.

“Joohyun-ahh, you know exactly my reason why I avoid her.” Yonghwa said carefully.

Seohyun then smiled warmly that magically made his heart warm too. “I know, Oppa. But still, this is not right. She is your bestfriend even before you married me. I can’t be happy to see her like that. The guilty feeling will always haunt me because of that.”

Yonghwa stunned by Joohyun’s explanation. He was surprised by the fact she thought like that. It was not because of she was too naïve. She was just being honest with herself. She wanted a peaceful life without guilty feeling.

“But it would be easier for us. I don’t want to hurt you…” Yonghwa tried to argue back.

“But it’s unfair, Oppa. You blame her for your own feeling. It’s not her fault if you have a feeling more than just a friend to her…”

STABB!!!

He felt so guilty towards Shinhye. That was true. But he loved Joohyun too. And then, what Joohyun had said to him made him felt like a totally jerk who just threw away his own bestfriend because of selfishness.

Joohyun stared at his eyes, seeking something in it.

“I trust you, Oppa. I already promised you that.” She stated straightforwardly. “It’s your feeling. So, it’s you who should re-arrange your own feeling. I don’t want you hurt anyone. And I don’t want to see her hurt too. Don’t ruin your friendship, Oppa.”

Yonghwa still looked at her eyes. Her beautiful eyes.

He felt so stupid in front of her out of sudden. What he had done was really childish. He didn’t think that far.

He then reached her cheek as he rubbed it gently.

How I love this girl so much! Yonghwa shouted inwardly, felt so touched of her honesty.

“Mian, Joohyun-ahh. You’re right. I’m so ashamed…” Yonghwa said.

“Aniyo~ Oppa. It’s my duty as your wife to bring you back to the right path…” she replied as she smiled warmly.

“Ne~ gomawo, Hyun-ahh…I’m glad I married you…”

He then looked at her eyes deeply. He rubbed her cheeks again gently. And without he realized it, he just leaned closer to her. And the moment his lips met hers, he forgot everything. He just kissed her deeply and roughly…

Oh God, just help me to keep my promise. I don’t want to hurt her. He prayed inwardly as he kept kissing her.

Joohyun was surprised by his sudden rough kiss. But Yonghwa didn’t care. He kept on kissing her until he finally realized that he needed to breath. When he finally pulled away, he saw his wife opened her eyes. Then they laughed together, but Yonghwa claimed her lips again after that.

He just wanted to show her how much he cared for her. And he really didn’t want to hurt her. But then again, lust just led him to drown deeply in the end. Without he realized it, he just pulled her until she sat on his lap, as he kept on ravishing her lips.

Joohyun moaned when his lips touched her neck. His hands already slipped into her blouse and started to rub her back sensually. His kiss traveled down until it reached her bossom and Joohyun moaned louder as she grabbed his hair. He was really about to give up on his lust when suddenly Joohyun pushed him away.

But his mind was already in haze, he kissed her again as if he didn’t want to be distracted by anything. Joohyun struggled to push him again. And when she finally succeed freeing her lips, she suddenly said. “…Oppa…we can’t…”

Yonghwa froze by Joohyun sudden refusal. He was about to feel hurt when she suddenly added, “I’m on my period, Oppa…mianheyo~”

Joohyun was looked so guilty. And Yonghwa stunned again for seconds, before he laughed so hard because of that.

God, I’m just carried away…Yonghwa shouted inwardly as he still chuckled.

In the end, he brought her into his embrace, tried to find a peace in her warmth. “Ne, Hyun-ahh. I’ll try my best to be a good husband for you. I’ll really re-arrange my heart. And let’s live happily from now on…”

“Ne~ Oppa…”

But then Yonghwa pushed her to stand away. Joohyun felt so confused then she asked, “Waeyo, Oppa?”

Yonghwa needed to hold his laugh as she looked at his wife. “I need to take a cold shower, Hyun-ah…”

It took several seconds for her to finally realize it, and she blushed so much because of that. Yonghwa got up as he still chuckled.

In his way toward his bedroom, he mumbled, “I think I need to start remembering her period schedule…” and he grinned widely.

 

The next day after that, Yonghwa sat blankly in his office room as he stared at his phone. He reread again what he had typed on the group chat where Jonghyun and Shinhye were included in it.

Do you have time tonight, guys? Let’s meet up

And he sent it.

He then waited, and not long after that, a reply from Jonghyun appeared.

Call

He waited again after that, but Shinhye didn’t reply him until several minutes. Yonghwa was about to give up when suddenly a new message appeared.

It was from Shinhye who just sent thumbs up emoji in that group chat.

 

***

 

Joohyun and Yoona just finished their orders for their lunch, when suddenly a message from Soojung was received. Soojung told her that she was in SKKU, where Joohyun and Yoona taught, too after she attended a national seminar there. And she wanted to have a lunch with Joohyun and Yoona together.

Joohyun then replied Soojung’s message to tell her their location. Minhyuk came afterwards and joined them.

And soon later, Soojung arrived in the restaurant where they gathered together too.

Joohyun could see Minhyuk became so tense the momen he saw Soojung entered the restaurant. He was really looked so upset but didn’t say anything.

While Soojung just ignored Minhyuk’s presence coldly.

Joohyun and Yoona stared to each others because of that. They knew exactly what happened between them but somehow their actions were so amusing. Beside they were not a kid anymore.

But suddenly Joohyun’s phone rang. It was from Yonghwa who told her that he would go out together with Jonghyun and Shinhye after work. So he would come late that night.

Truth be told, Joohyun still felt afraid. Her insecurity was still there. But she felt so relieved too with the fact that Yonghwa was trying to fix their friendship.

I trust him…she said inwardly.

“If your husband will come late, let’s go out together too, guys!” Yoona suggested abruptly. “Come on…tomorrow is Saturday…”

“Okay.” Minhyuk then replied shortly. “Ahh, I’ll ask Jungshin to join us too.”

And soon later he showed to Joohyun and Yoona a reply from Jungshin.

Yoona then turned to Joohyun, waiting for her answer. Joohyun giggled because of that. “Okay, I’ll tell Oppa first.”

“You’ll join us too, Soojung-ahh?” Yoona asked to Soojung who was looked so busy with her phone.

“Oh, I really want to, Eonni. But I already have a plan with my boyfriend.” Soojung replied as she showed her apologetic smile. “He will arrive in any minutes…ah there he is!”

Then they followed Soojung stare and found a handsome boy inside a sport car. Soojung bade them goodbye after that.

Soojung was really looked like a wind, come and go abruptly.

“I don’t know she like a bad boy type.” Yoona commented out of sudden as she saw Soojung’s boyfriend went out of his car then he hugged her and kissed her cheek lightly.

“Me too…” Joohyun replied as she took a glimpse at Minhyuk who acted as if he didn’t hear anything

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter