Ten - Fear

You're the One for Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Jealousy is a type of fear…fear of losing someone...
-unknown-

 

Joohyun was preparing the dinner and setting up the table when Yonghwa’s phone vibrated on the table. She then took a look at the phone and it was a call from…Shinhye.

She felt a little bit upset because of that, but she knew it very well that it was just a jealousy. And she couldn’t let it grew. It was her who wanted they maintained their friendship from the beginning. And she didn’t want to be hypocrite. She really didn’t want her husband hurt anyone. Besides, Shinhye was his bestfriend before he married her. But still, she couldn’t help to feel jealous.

She then remembered that she already promised him to trust him too. So she should trust him.

Joohyun exhaled deeply in the end, tried to not feel disturbed by that call.

Yonghwa already told her too that Shinhye’s magazine was included in Tourism Ministry project, where Yonghwa’s company was included as a sponsor there. So they would spend more time together for about two months ahead. That was why their communication was more intense these days.

But the contact picture of Shinhye in Yonghwa’s phone bothered her so much. It was a picture of her husband and Shinhye took a selfie together.

They look so…close.

But Joohyun shook her head again, tried to get rid of that negative thought in her mind and continue her set up.

When Yonghwa finally came back from bathroom, he then looked at his phone who still vibrated, before he answered it, “Ne~?”

Joohyun tried her best to not look so curious, but what had happened after that really made her uneasy. Yonghwa just went outside the dining room, and talked with Shinhye in the terrace. As if he didn’t want she heard their conversation.

Wae?

But Joohyun ensured herself that it must be because of the connection.

Yes, it must be because of the connection…

 

At that night afterwards, after Yonghwa finally fell asleep, Joohyun woke up again. She then went out of the bedroom carefully and continued her work. It was already three days since she decided to make a scrapbook about Yonghwa and herself. She even took some of their childhood photos from her family album to be put into that scrapbook too.

Yes, it was almost one year of their marriage. And she prepared this scrapbook as her gift because the symbol of 1st wedding anniversary is paper. She also prepared a watch for Yonghwa too as a modern gift.

Joohyun suddenly remembered the gift that Yoona gave to her. Yoona knew about her upcoming wedding anniversary. And she told Joohyun that it was her early birthday gift. She insisted that Joohyun should wear it in their wedding anniversary night.

Joohyun’s cheeks suddenly blushed. It was because Yoona’s gift was a lingerie. And Joohyun perfectly knew that might be Yoona was right. It was almost one year and Yonghwa was patient enough to not rush her. He really took their marriage slowly. And Joohyun felt so grateful because of that.

Then she remembered again the last time they almost did it. She felt so guilty towards her husband because she was in her period at that time. And because of that, Joohyun finally decided, if Yonghwa really wanted it, so she would not ever refuse him again.

But their wedding anniversary was Harabeoji death anniversary too. So, they decided to take a leave for one week to go back to Busan. They might be wouldn’t celebrate it like other did. But at least she prepared something.

 

The next day, as always Yonghwa drove Joohyun to campus. He said that he would come really late that night and asked her to not wait for him.

“Waeyo, Oppa? Do you have to finish your works before tomorrow?” Seohyun asked worriedly because they decided to drive to Busan tomorrow morning.

But it seemed like Yonghwa’s mind was in somewhere else so he didn’t listen Joohyun’s question.

“Oppa?” Joohyun called him worriedly.

“Ehh?” Yonghwa surprised. “Ahh, mian Joohyun-ahh. What did you say before?” Yonghwa finally asked back as he grinned.

“Is it okay for you to drive tomorrow if you’ll come late tonight?” Joohyun asked again as she felt more worry.

“Don’t worry, I’m okay.” Yonghwa replied warmly.

When they finally arrived in Joohyun workplace, Joohyun took out an umbrella of her bag as she placed it in the backseat. There was a heavy rain yesterday, and she was afraid that there will be rain again that day. She just made sure that at least there was an umbrella in the car.

But she still couldn’t help to show her worries. “Please don’t skip your lunch and dinner, Oppa. Jebalyo…” Joohyun whispered to him

Yonghwa smiled widely by Joohyun’s request. “Ne~, Buin~ I won’t skip lunch and dinner. Don’t worry okay.” Yonghwa said as he pulled Joohyun to kiss her lips.

It was just a peck but it succeed made her worries disappeared right away.

“See you, Oppa~” Joohyun finally bade him goodbye as she went out of the car.

But once she was outside of the car, she felt uneasy again. She didn’t know why, but Yonghwa was so busy these days. He often came back home late, but he already told her that it was because his company project with Tourism Ministry.

But then again, she concluded that it might be because of Shinhye was there too. Joohyun loved her husband so much, that was why she felt that way.

I trust him…I trust them…

She took a deep breath before she tried to get rid of that thought again.

 

Even if Yonghwa already told her to not wait for him, Joohyun couldn’t sleep at all that night. So, she decided to just watch the television in living room as she was waiting for her husband came home.

But until it passed midnight, Yonghwa still had not come home yet. And Joohyun was already falling asleep since one hour ago.

It was 2 AM when Yonghwa finally arrived. It surprised her so much when she saw Yonghwa was a little bit soaked. Joohyun needed to bring a towel to help him dried his head before she prepared a warm bath for him.

“I put an umbrella in the backseat this morning, why did you not use it, Oppa?” Joohyun asked curiously as she gave him a hot chocolate after he finished bathing.

“Ahh…I lent it to…my colleague…” Yonghwa said as he sipped the chocolate.

Joohyun just exhaled deeply because of that. She forgot that her husband was such a kind person.

But it was getting really late, so they decided to sleep after that. They should wake up early tomorrow morning.

 

When the morning came, when Joohyun was about to prepare the breakfast, she was surprised by pansy flower bouquet on the dinning table. There was a card in it.

Buin~

Happy wedding anniversary…

Your Nampyeon

It was so simple but Joohyun was so touched by it. He came late last night, and could manage to prepare this simple surprise for her. And it was so funny because it seemed that Yonghwa just went back to sleep after he prepare this. But Joohyun could understand it, he must be so tired. So Joohyun decided to prepare Yonghwa’s favorite food for the breakfast.

After she finished preparing the breakfast, she went back to the bedroom to wake her husband up.

“Oppa, wake up! We should go in an hour, palli.” Joohyun said, but it surprised her so much when Yonghwa suddenly pulled her to the bed and kissed her abruptly. He kissed her so deeply but gently in the same time. And Joohyun couldn’t help to kiss him back in the end.

“Happy wedding anniversary, Buin~” he said as he grinned cheekily, after he finally stopped his kisses.

Joohyun blushed right away because of that. “Happy wedding anniversary too, Oppa…” she whispered shyly. “And thank you for the surprise…gomawoyo~”

“Ahh, I just intended to sleep a little bit more after I prepared it, but it seems like I failed. Mian~ Hyun.” Yonghwa said as he chuckled and looked so ashamed with his failed surprises.

“Aniyo~ Oppa, it’s not failed. I’m so happy, jinjja. Gomawoyo~” It was so sweet for Joohyun, so she didn’t think that it failed.

But Yonghwa gave her a strange expression.

“Waeyo, Oppa?”

“Ani~ . I just feel like to kiss you more…”

“M – mwo????”

And Yonghwa kissed her again. “But we need to go in an hour, Oppa. Soojung is waiting for us…”

“Aisshh…just let her wait…” Yonghwa insisted and Joohyun gave up in the end.

And as expected, they arrived in Soojung’s apartment two hours late. And Soojung was so upset because of that. They were bickering nonstop after that.

But Joohyun felt so happy to see them like that. And Yonghwa too, he looked so happy. It was so different from yesterday.

He’s so happy because he’s going to Busan. He must be missed Busan so much…

 

Joohyun’s parents were already there when they arrived. And afterwards, she was busied in preparing an elaborate set of dishes for the ceremony with her mother and mother-in-law.

“Ahh, without we realized it, it’s already one year ago since Harabeoji passed away.” Her mother-in-law suddenly said. “And I feel sorry because it’s your wedding anniversary too, Ddal~” she added sadly.

“Aniyo~ Eomoni. It means Harabeoji would always be remembered in our special day…” Joohyun tried to embrace that fact with a big heart. And truthfully, she didn’t mind at all. She loved Harabeoji so much.

When the night came, they did the private ceremony together. But Yonghwa and Joohyun would stay one more day in Busan, while Soojung and Joohyun’s parents would back to Seoul tomorrow morning because they just took a leave two days.

“Let’s go to Namhae-do…” Yonghwa said abruptly. They were in the way from Busan.

Namhae was Korea’s Treasure Island. It took 3 hours drive from Busan to there. Joohyun thought that they will spend their vacation in Seoul.

“Jinjjayo? Waeyo, Oppa?” Joohyun asked curiously.

“I already booked a suite in Namhae Hilton.” Yonghwa said as he grabbed Joohyun’s hands.

“Jeongmalyo?” Joohyun’s surprised when Yonghwa told her that. And Yonghwa just grinned widely to see her was surprised.

“Ne~ let’s celebrate our anniversary there.” Yonghwa replied happily. And Joohyun too, felt so happy.

But suddenly Joohyun found a paper near her feet. When she took it, it was a restaurant bill from three days ago. And it was from a restaurant in…Namhae?

“What is that, Hyun?” Yonghwa asked.

“Is it yours, Oppa?” but Joohyun asked back.

Then Yonghwa took the bill from her, and he then looked like thinking of something, he tried to remember something.

“Ahh…maybe Jungshin just dropped it here three days ago…” Yonghwa said as he rumpled it then smiled warmly to her. And Joohyun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter