Chapter 16

Same Girl

Chapter 16

I sat next to Eunji and Luna. Actually, there were many other new people that I had no clue about, but I could get to know them. They probably auditioned on the other days. 

Baekhyun approached all of us, standing in front of the rows of chairs we were sitting on, in a (sort of) small room we'd be using for our weekly Friday vocal club meetings. 'Okay guys. Since it is the first time all of us have met, today, we're not going to be practicing anything. Just introduce yourselves and maybe we can write a song together as well!'

He seemed excited at that last part.
But I was skeptical. Write a song? ME? Are you kidding right?
I've never improvised anything on an instrument, not to mention WRITING an actual song. Well, apart from that song I was trying out the other day.
But, still, NO.

I looked at Eunji and she just shrugged. 
'Hey, what is this?' 
'I don't know either. Do you think they're gonna make us write our own songs?'
'They better not, unless they want to make me embarrass myself'
She snorted, 'you know what? That would actually be hilarious.'
I glared at her mocking face. 'Shut up Eunji.'

I turned away, not really angry and just playing a joke. Eunji got my joke and poked my arm. I played along and pretended to be really pissed at her. I turned to her really quickly, stuck my tongue out and turned back. She laughed, then kept on poking me. I tried to be pissed at her, but she was trying to do puppy eyes at me and it was just too funny and I burst out laughing.

But my laugh came out really, I mean really, loud and everyone turned their heads in out direction. We froze in our spots. Baekhyun looked at us in concern. 'Is everything okay Bomi?' I nodded, face the same colour as a ripe tomato. 'Yes.'

'If everything's fine, let's start out introductions. First, let's arrange out chairs in a circle.' Everyone stood up to move their chairs into a squircle (half square half circle). Eunji pushed hers to the other side of the room where Baekhyun was (not surprisingly) so I followed her. She sat down next to him and I sat next her. Soon all the chairs in the right shape and I saw a figure sit down next to me.

It leant to my side. I jumped from shock. He looked at me with a grin. 
'Hi noona.'
I scowled at him. 'What are you doing here?'
Sehun laughed. 'I told you last time already, I'm here for the vocal club!'
'I don't care. Just go away. I already saw you enough yesterday.'
Eunji leant over as well.
'Wait. You guys saw each other yesterday?! Dating already?! Gee you guys are fast.'
I slapped her arm and she fake cried out in pain.
'Unnie. That hurt!'

Sehun sat back in his chair and crossed his arms, stifling his laughter.

'We are NOT dating! For god's sake why is you mouth so big?'
'I do have a have a big mouth'
'Wow, seriously you JUST noticed.'
'And you have a small mouth. For real.'
'Just shut up.'
'Unnie, you've already told me to before.'

'Who would like to start the introductions?' Baekhyun disturbed our headmessage conversation. Nobody rose their hands, too afraid to be the first one. 
'Okay... How about I'll start, and we'll go in this direction.' he was pointing in a clockwise direction. 'We'll say our names, how old we are and one thing we like.'

He smiled again, and I could see at the back of my eye, a blushing Eunji. At that moment I really wanted one of those google glass thingies so I could take photos of Eunji, which I have NEVER EVER seen blushing at a guy before. 

'Okay. My name's Byun Baekhyun, I'm 22. And I like singing, obviously.'
We all looked at the next person, which was Baekhyun's best buddy Chanyeol.
'Hey guys. My name's Park Chanyeol, I'm 22 as well, and I like playing the guitar.'
Next person.
'Hello. My name is Do Kyungsoo, I'm 21. I like cooking.'
He seriously had the roundest eyes I have ever seen in my entire life. A very proper boy.
Next person. We went through Chen, Luhan, Hyorin, Luna.
There were 2 new people called Minah (Girl's Day) and Jieun (IU).

Then it came to Sehun.
'Hi! My name's Oh Sehun, I'm 20 and I like bubble tea.'
Really? Bubble tea? Since he said something stupid, I decided I should too.
'Hey everybody! My name's Yoon Bomi, I'm 20 and I like eating cold shaved ice.'
A few people laughed because everyone had said something mature, but we didn't.
Last one. Eunji's turn.

'Hello everyone! My name's Jung Eunji and I'm 20. I like performing in musicals.'
Baekhyun perked up that. 'You've performed in musicals before?'
She smiled back. 'Yeah. Two actually. Legally Blone and Full House.'
He was impressed. 'I'm doing one this August!'
She looked interested. 'Jinja? Cool! Which one?'
'Singing in the rain.'
'Oh! I bought tickets to that already.'

They were too busy in their own little world, our club didn't seem to matter anymore.
Chanyeol cleared his throat very loudly.
Baekhyun looked at him, annoyed that his conversation with Eunji was disturbed.
'Bacon, if you wouldn't mind, could you please end your little chat with your girlfriend?'
They both went very, very red and silent. I couldn't hold in anymore and burst out laughing. Eunji slapped my arm, like I did to her before.
Strange how we both get slapped by each other from accusing we had boyfriends.

'Right. So now that we've finished out introductions, let's write a song!'
He brightened up again as he said that. 'Anyone got any ideas?'
Chanyeol put his hand up. 'I've got something. Wait a second.' He went to go get his guitar. When he came back, he sat back down in his chair.

'I've thought of the intro, but there's no melody or lyrics yet.'
He started to strum his guitar. 
He started on Fmaj7, then changed to Emin7, back to Fmaj7, to Emin7 then change to Amin7 halfway.
The strumming pattern was down, up down, down, up down, down up.

Everyone closed their eyes, and felt the music except for Sehun and me.
They could all pass for professional singers. I don't know why Sehun joined but I know for sure he can't sing, I mean, I don't want to be mean, but just no. He can't sing.
I only joined becuase of the promise I made to myself about being nicer to Eunji and Naeun. I can't really sing either. (In this Bomi views herself as a bad singer but she isn't.)

Kyungsoo started humming a tune. Then Jieun took over. Then Chen harmonised with her as she continued her part. Luhan started adding lyrics.
'You cried so much on the day before graduation.'
Minah joined in.
'You held it in firmly since you're a guy.'
'We couldn't say what we wanted.'
'Just like that hot summer, goodbye.'

Baekhyun took over and Eunji harmonised, looking into each other's eyes as they sang.
'That friend label is a label I got to hate. The feelings I’ve hidden still remain as a painful secret memory. The photos that can’t define our relationship is a heartbreaking story. I'm sorry, summer, now goodbye, yeah.' 
I mentally screamed. They looked so good together. I ship them so hard. Baekji forever!

Meanwhile Chanyeol still improvising on his guitar. That was just so awesome. I wish I could do that. Suddenly I heard a Sehun next to me. He was rapping.
'Oh, oh. Yeah. What do I say we don't say. We don't have to play no games.' I joined with him and harmonised while he was rapping.
'I should have took the chance I should, have for you to stay.'
He looked suprised, but kept on going on and I did as well.
'And it gets me down, the unsaid words that remain. The story that ended without even starting.'

Luhan sang the same part as before with Hyorin but with different lyrics.
'Your song on the last day of the school festival.'
'The flickering summer sea.'
'Our feelings that were precious becuase we were together.'
'Like the deepening night sky, goodbye.'

Chen and Jieun sang the chorus again with the same lyrics.
Kyungsoo sang a solo.
'Baby oh no oh oh, I'm sorry that this is a monologue. Oh, actually, I love you yeah.'
When Kyungsoo sang the last yeah, Luna sang a solo as well.
'If only our long time hidden secrets were revealed.'
Kyungsoo and Luna sang together.
'I would hold you in my arms.' Luna's high note was smooth.

Luhan, Minah and Hyorin sang the chorus while Luna held her note. Both Kyungsoo and Luna harmonised with the chorus.
'It's good bye now.' Jieun added.
Chen copied the lyrics with a different tune.
It was nearing the end of our song, so I sang out some "lalalas" and Chanyeol joined me, still on the guitar.

After our last "la", we all looked at each other, grinned and gave us a round of applause.
'That's what you call writing a song!' Baekhyun seemed very chirpy.
'What should we call it?' Hyorin asked.
A light bulb flicked on in my head and I opened my mouth.
'How about... Goodbye Summer?'

............

Hey guys! How was this chapter? Just saying, I DID NOT make this song up, I'm not that talented, it is actually a real song called Goodbye Summer by F(x) featuring Kyungsoo. It might be a bit to follow, but if you listen to the song while reading it, I swear you'll get it. I just really wanted to have a chapter where they made up a song and I thought this was a good one since there was a rap in there a well (something for Sehun to do). Do have any songs you think would be good for this club? Please comment and keep reading! Love, kpopblebee125