Chapter 10

Same Girl

Chapter 10

'YOU?!' I stood up, guitar in one hand, the other pointing at him. He stopped right in front of me and his head turned up to face mine, and a look of shock was showing. Great, just when I was staring to forget this whole 'bump' accident, he decides to show up again. 

'Oh .' I heard Chanyeol mutter from behind. 'Why the friggin hell are you here?' I barked up at him. 'Why else would I be here? Obviously I'm here for the vocal club.' He was smirking now, mocking me. I was about to say something not-very-nice when Eunji came and pulled me away. 

'Unnie! Could you stop screaming every time you see him?' She intended to whisper, but it came out more like a shout. I just noticed that Luna and Hyorin were also watching this little episode. I suddenly felt embarrassed. 

'Yeh. Listen to your friend. You don't need to get angry at me every time we meet. I'm sorry we didn't get off to a good start.' Well, he didn't sound sorry at all. He held his hand out to me, still smiling. I wanted to punch that freaking smile off his face. 'Let's start over. Hi, I'm Oh Sehun. And you are...' I stared at his hands and raised one eyebrow.

I just ignored him and got back to my seat. He stood at the same spot with his hand still out for a while, then just walked to where his friends were sitting and sat there. 'Hey guys! I'm Kim Jongdae, but you can call me Chen!' This guy was pretty enthusiastic, and it was cute how the corners of his lips curved up. 

'Hello! My name is Do Kyungsoo.' I could already tell this one was more tactiturn (learnt from exo showtime :D) just from the way he speaks. He eyes was really round, to the point where you can actually pretty much see most of the white part. He had heart shaped lips and my only thought was 'more good looking, dreamy guys...'

These guys didn't perform though, probably they were friends with Baekhyun and all, so they didn't need to. Baekhyun stood up from his table and walked to in front of us. 'Congratulations to everyone because you're all in! As Luhan said before we accept anybody that wants to join, if they are willing to obey the following rules ; you must turn up on time, you must know when practices are, you must be willing to sing whatever we make you, not matter how much you hate the song and last of all, maybe even the most important, no arguing and fighting during practice. Understand?' 

No arguing? That was gonna be a little, no, very hard for me, especially when that thing is like, 3 metres away from me! But everyone else nodded their heads and said 'Ne.' so I just followed suit.

Baekhyun clapped his hands together and gave us a smile. 'This is not the last day for auditions, so more people are probably going to join. And one more thing, next month or so, we are going on boot camp. I know, it sounds crazy, right? Boot camp for singing?' He laughed, and all the girls' faces, except for Eunji, showed a horrified expression. 

Are you kidding? Boot camp? That means it's gonna be hard to put makeup on. And I'm not joking when I say this, but, I look like a demented zombie in the morning. Luna, Hyorin and I exchanged disgusted looks, clearly all thinking the same thing. Well, it was next month, so I told myself not to worry and just go with the flow. 'Any more questions?' 

He waited for a few seconds before continuing 'If that's it, we'll finish here today. Next meeting is next week on Friday, and so on. You can pack your things and leave now.' we were instructed by Baekhyun. We started to pack and said goodbye to each other.

............

We walked back to Eunji's house (just to remind you Eunji's house is close to the uni, about 10-15 mins for walking). We went inside her room, and she plonked herself on her bed and I laid on the floor, closing my eyes for a moment. 'Well that was an unexpected day.' Eunji broke the silence. 'No .' came the reply, eyes still shut. 

'Unnie.' I opened my eyes. 'What?' She looked kinda uncertain and wasn't sure if she should say whatever she wanted to say. 'Just tell me, it's okay.' She took a deep breath and said, 'You like him don't you? Sehun. Don't you? I know you do. Don't deny it.' She said in one breath. I bolted right up, and my head slowly turned to her direction, my eyes boring into hers. 

'What? Are you kidding me? Really? Sehun? That thing?!' Eunii just looked at me, eyebrows raised. I continued, 'He's a total jerk, okay? It's so annoying the way he keeps on grinning when he talks, and when he mocks you, by just standing there, oh my god, I just want to kick him! Oh, and the way he looks at you like "that's five seconds of my life I'll never get back", just urrgghhhhhh!'

'See? You're gushing about him! That's enough proof already!' She smiled in victory. 'What? What are you— you know what? I'm not even gonna bother now.' I just stopped talking. 'Don't deny it. He's cute. Come on, he is. You can't say he isn't!' She just kept on provoking me. 

'Okay, okay. He is pretty cute. But doesn't mean I like him! Don't jump to conclusions!' I was playing with my hair, trying not to feel embarrassed. She laughed, 'hahhaha, I told you so! You know, a wise woman once told me that when girls say that, it means they like the guy.' I rolled my eyes, 'and who would that wise woman be?' 

She looked at me with a "what?" face. 'It was you.' I stopped playing with my hair. 'Oh...' I realised I had done that, when Naeun said she didn't like Kai, I had headmessaged Eunji that. 'Well, I was joking when I said that!' I was trying to avoid eye contact with her.

'You said that when they deny things, that just adds to the suspicion.' I mentally slapped myself. Why did I have to be so smart and tell Eunji this, knowing that she'll probably use it against me one day? 'Whatever.' I waved it away. 'It's not whatever. This guy could potentially be my brother in law, since we're like practically sisters!' 

She was exaggerating, and I cringed at the thought of that. Do I really like that thing? I wasn't even sure myself. I was so confused, so I tried to change the subject. 'Well, do you like him?' She creased her eyebrows. 

'Who?' Was she trying to play dumb? 'You know, the guy you said was okay at Kai's party? The one that hosted the auditions today? Baekhyun?' She turned crimson red, and I knew I had hit the jackpot.

I gasped. 'You do! I knew it! I knew it! Why did you never tell me?' She shrugged, 'well you never asked...' I shook my head, 'I'm very disappointed in you, Jung Hyerim (Eunji's real name, just in case you didn't know). You didn't tell you best friend, me,' I pointed to myself, 'you had a crush? Do you see how absurd that is? I can't believe it?!' 

I was sitting cross legged now, facing Eunji's bed, where she was sitting with her feet dangling off the edge. 'Some stuff is personal...' She muttered, but I cut her off. 'That is not acceptable, even I told you my crush in high school!' She sighed. 'Well now you know.'

'Wow. You know I'm still shocked that you, Eunji, the tomboy who promised me in grade 4 she would never like boys because they had the cooties, likes an actual guy. You would be so disgusted if I was talking to the 10 year old version on you.'

'Well, what did you expect. That I liked girls? I'm not lesbian, geez.' I laughed at that and she threw her pillow, aiming at my face, but I dodged and it completely missed me. 'In your face.' I sneered jokingly.

She squinted her eyes at me. 'Bring it on.' I grabbed the nearest pillow. If there was one thing Eunji had a lot of, it was pillows. She had been collecting them since she was a kid and never threw any of them out. So every year for her birthday, she'd only ask for pillows. Weird habit, I know, but it was helpful for now.

There were about 30 or so pillows on the floor and I picked up as many as I could. She took the first step and threw a pillow at me. But I blocked it with another pillow and threw one at her while she wasn't looking. It hit the back of her head and she hit the floor.

I hoorayed in victory and looked at her. She laid on the ground surrounded by her pillows, unmoving. She was obviously faking death, but it was so funny to watch, cause you could see her trying not to burst out laughing.

That's what I did and about 0.2734783753 seconds later she ditched her dead act and joined with me as well. 'So much for dying' she said. 'You are a horrible actor...' I sent her a sarcastically disappointing look (if that makes sense). 

............

I went home soon after that work on my law assignment. That's right, I study law. Can't you imagine as an awesome barrister, in court fighting for my client? All you gotta do is say a bunch of complicated stuff and statistics. That's what I learnt from the movies. Can't be that hard right?

After doing nearly all of it, I decided to reward myself with some ice cream and got comfortable in my bed to watch the latest episode of my drama. I wasn't even halfway when I dosed off to Bomiland, where I was the queen of the whole world. There were rainbows and unicorns. It was awesome.

-------------
Hey guys! How was this chapter? Sorry for updating for a while again. I'm even pissed with myself. What do you think of this layout? Is it easier to read or not. Please let me know. I'm obsessed with Apink's So Long. I've been listening to it on replay for like the whole time I was writing this, which was more than an hour. I know, I'm wierd. Whatever. Please comment and keep reading! Love, kpopblebee125