Chapter 11

Same Girl

Chapter 11

My eyes darted open, stopping my Bomiland dream as I came to realise something.
I needed money.
Desperately.
I needed to look for a part time job. 
And I needed it quickly.

Now that oppa isn't here anymore, no one gives me pocket money, meaning I don't have any income. I remember seeing those cool new model nike runners the other day when strolling down Myeongdong with the other two. Brand new, meaning at least $300. I didn't even have $50 in my wallet. I lived a sad sad life.

I cursed myself. I just had to be so stupid for not getting a job earlier. It never occurred to me that I would run out of money. I got changed as fast as I could, which meant at least 30 minutes, prepared a résumé and charged down the stairs and out of the door to the coffee shop Eunji and I went to yesterday.

'Excuse me.' A handsome waiter who was cleaning the coffee machine looked up at me and smiled. 'Anything I can help with?' I was shocked by his dazzling smile for a moment, but came back to the real world. 'I just wanted to ask if you were accepting new employees.' I handed him my résumé. He took at and looked at it. 

'You go to Seoul University? (only name I could think of, sorry if it sounds really boring)' His eyes widened. I just nodded my head slowly. 'Is there a problem?' I didn't mean to sound rude but it came out like that. He shook his head quickly. 'No, it's just I go there as well! But I've never seen you around before.'

I shrugged my shoulders 'It's a big university. Plus I only go on Mondays, Tuesdays and Fridays.' I informed him and he nodded. 'That explains it. I go on Thursdays and Saturdays but Fridays as well. Which area do you study in?' 
'Law. Don't say anything sarcastic. It's not like I don't the suit the lawyer look well right?'

He had an amused 'ahhhh' look on his face. 'I study in medicine.' Ohh, smart guy we've got here. I gave him a impressed look and he blushed in return. His eyes trailed back to my résumé and realised he should give it to his manager. He called his manager out, and asked him what I just asked him a few minutes ago.

The manager was a middle aged man, and he studied my résumé. It was quite impressive, I have to say. I mean, I did tons of extracurricular things at school and won a lot of competitions. And I was studying law. He was thinking hard, I could tell from his expression. After what felt like 10 minutes straight, he finally looked up.

'You're in.' I grinned. Yes! Finally I was going to get some money. 'But what days are you able to work?' I told him Wednesday and Thursday, because weekends are for relaxing. He told me he would text me the roster next Monday and to call him if I to change anything. Then he went back to wherever he came from.

The waiter boy smiled at me again. I could feel myself getting lost into those beautiful eyes when he spoke and I snapped out of it. 'So,' he looked at my résumé again, 'Bomi, I haven't officially introduced myself yet.' He held a hand, 'I'm Kim Joonmyeon.'

I took it and shook it (I just realised that rhymes :P). I squinted my eyes at his name tag, but it didn't say Joonmyeon on it. It said Suho. 'But your name tag...' I said. 'Ohh. That's why people call me since I was young. Suho.' I nodded. 'Like a guardian angel?' He blushed again and tried to look away. 'Yeh, I guess so.' It was too cute to watch. A grin unconsciously crept onto my face and I felt the urge to pinch his cheeks.

But I reminded myself to not to look like a delusional freak, so I stopped myself. So I ordered a mocha, which I got and I was about to pay, but he said 'The mocha's on me.' I raised my eyebrows. 'Are you sure?' He nodded. I thanked him and said goodbye, then walked out of the door to have a cool breeze greet me.

It was getting to the cold season, and it was gonna snow soon. Snow was probably my favourite thing about living here. I've always had a thing for snow, you gotta admit making your own Olaf is pretty cool. I nearly skipped down the street from happiness because I had finally found a job and could earn money!

I pressed the street light button and waited for the green man to light up. As I was pressing it, something caught my eye. There was a mini poster taped onto the street light post. It said 'Can you babysit? Babysit 2 five year olds for $25 and hour! Take one of these tickets and come to this address anytime to see if you can take this job!

$25 and hour! Oh my god, God is finally repaying me back for being a good person. I could work from 10-2 and get $100! And the best part is, I don't even have to work. Just sit there and let the kids play. I thought about quitting the coffee shop job, but I remembered that there was Suho there and I wanted to see him more so I dismissed the thought.

I grabbed one not the tickets and headed straight to the place. It was in Gangnam, where all the rich people lived. Sometimes I just look at their mansions and I get jealous. So spacious.
That's one thing my tiny apartment will never be.

The taxi stopped in front of a particularly modern mansion. I paid the correct amount and got out. I gulped as I looked at the exterior design. It was so new, but still had a classy feel to it. I tried to open the front gate, but it wouldn't budge. I tried again and again, but it never opened. I was starting to get kinda pissed, but then I realised that there was a door bell on the gate.

What kind of gate needs a freaking doorbell on it. Geez these rich people. The camera on the next to the doorbell , and after a few seconds I heard a click and the gate finally let me in. I walked through the garden which was no kidding, the size of my whole apartment. How big do these rich people need their gardens to be? I don't even have one! But it was so pretty. 

It was traditional korean garden, and I swear it looks exactly the same as the one in the recent drama I watched about a crown price travelling in time. I reached the front door. Another doorbell. I pressed it once again, and this time, not only was there a camera, but a voice asked me 'Who are you?' I tried to look good for the camera so I faked a smile and replied, 'I'm Yoon Bomi, and I'm here to see if you would need anyone to baby sit 2 five year olds.' I sounded very practical, which was unusual and I could feel myself frowning to it. 

No answer. 

The person was sure taking his/her time, because I could feel my legs starting to ache and I wanted to sit down and massage my legs. 
'Are you coming anytime soon? You couldn't be any faster, seriously.' I muttered.
Right at that moment the door opened to reveal a fairly old lady, and I could tell she was a maid of some sort becuase of her clothing. 
'Mrs Oh will see you now in her office.'

She turned around abruptly and walked briskly down the massive hallway. I was still in shock from her sharpness, then realised what I should be doing and sort of walk-ran to behind her. I turned around 360 while still walking behind her. The house was glowing. Everything was so clean, I swear there was not even a speck of dust. 
I really needed to get maid in my apartment.
I cringed at the thought of comparing the two together.

The old lady walked to what seemed like a room the size of three of my bedrooms. She knocked softly, and there was a cheery 'Please come in!' from the other side. 
She opened the knob and pushed the door forward, and gestured me to go in. I was still mesmerised by the total awesomeness of being in a rich person's house. Sure, I've been to Kai's mansion as well but I still am awed by it everytime. 

Then the old lady closed the door so gently I didn't notice until I turned around and saw that the door was locked and she was gone. I just stood there like a lost puppy or something. The middle aged lady at the desk smiled at me, almost creepily. 
Was it just me or was this lady scary or something?
She wasn't crazy was she?
Let's hope not.

She motioned for me to sit down on one of her three very plush sofas and I wanted to plop on it, but showed some manners and sat down quietly. She came over as well and sat opposite to me. She go out some boiling water from a thermos and pour it into a tea brewer, and in that very happy tone again she said 'Would you like some tea?' I shook my head. 'No thanks.' I was still filled from the mocha. She took a sip from her tea, put it on the table and looked at me.

She was studying me, my face, hair, clothes. It was freaking me out. I suddenly felt like I should have dressed up more today. She finally spoke. 'So, did you come here because you have a strong passion for babysitting, or because you needed money?' I almost snorted. A strong passion for babysitting? Does anyone have that? But I kept silent and looked at her sheepishly. She laughed - did I metion is was creepy?. 'I guess it wasn't the first one then.' I nodded slowly. She continued.

'I need a suitable babysitter to look after my two twin daughters while I'm working. You see, my husband died last year and all the company work was left for me. So I'm really busy and I don't have much time to spend with them' I could see her starting to tear up a little, and all my thoughts about her being a crazy overly happy physo lady disappeared. She was just another victim of the my-husband-just-died-I'm-really-sad disease. She kept on going 'I know I could ask the maids to, but the two monkeys insisted that I must hire a babysitter. So I was left with no choice.'

............

Hey guys! How was this chapter? What so you think will happen next? Mrs Oh? Does that ring a bell? Anyways, I decided to add Suho into this story like yesterday, so he was not in the very first chapter which was the character files. Okay, we've got this sorted now. Please comment and keep reading! Love, kpopblebee125