Chapter 9

Same Girl

Chapter 9

Tuesday. Another uni day. I was so warm in the bed, and you know that feeling when you take the blanket off it the morning, and it suddenly feels freezing, well, it's happening to me. I was finally in my own bed, after sleeping at Naeun's for a few days. Oppa called was angry at me. He was in America and he said he tried calling home at least 10 times but nobody answered. 'I was out at that time!' I lied because I couldn't be bothered explaining everything to him. 'It was 11:30 at night. You know it's a dangerous world at night!' Being the over-protective older brother he was, he wasn't going to let me off easy. 'My friend had a party. I swear! You can ask Eunji and Naeun!' Technically I wasn't lying. 'Okay, I promise that I'll be home when you call!' I assured him and hung up.

I decided to give the kids a morning call, which I do once in a while, for fun... I called Eunji first. I heard her pick up the phone 'Yeboseo...?' I put my mouth right next to the speaker and screamed my lungs out 'EUNJI! IT'S TIME TO WAKE UP!' Then I burst into laughter because I knew Eunji would get really shocked and I was imagining her face. 'Hey! It's not funny! I was dreaming about my crepes!' I rolled my eyes 'Well, hurry up and I'll meet you at yours?' She made a 'mmm' sound and I hung up. Time to give Naeun a little suprise. I dialed her number, got ready to shout until I heard 'Yeboseo?' in a really weird voice. 'Unnie? Are you there?' Who was this? 'Naeun?' I sounded confused/suprised at the same time. 

'Unnie, I think I'm sick or something.' She probably had a cold, becuase her voice made her sound like she had a runny and blocked nose. 'I don't think I can come today.' I nodded. 'Yeh okay I'll tell the professor.' I hung up, then dialed Kai's number straight away. He picked up on the third ring. 'Noona? Why are you calling me so early in the morning?' My face turned grim, 'Eww, don't call me noona! I feel so old! I'm only, like a year older. Oh, your precious girlfriend is sick right now, so if you don't mind...' He cut me off 'I'll over there right now, noona. I mean, Bomi.' He said my name like it was a different language. 

I got changed, this time having the time to actually put something on my face. I met up with Eunji at her house, and we walked to the uni, which was about 10-15 minutes away. We were taking selcas, as all girls do, and she checked the photo to see if it turned out well or not. She was scrolling through them, until she scrolled to a picture from the night of Kai's party. It was a selca of us three, and I just noticed that our makeup was actually quite heavy. Before I had the time to look at it in more detail, Eunji quickly snatched her phone away becuase she was scared that I was still upset. 'I'm fine. It's okay.' We entered the front gates, there was a huge poster taped on to the wall. 

'Got a great voice? Wanna show it off? Come to the vocals club and join us! Auditions today at 2pm in the music room!' I saw Eunji looking at the poster for a long time. I know that she's awesome at singing and she obviously loves it, so I nudged her and said 'You wanna go?' She scrunched her nose. 'I don't know. Should I?' I shrugged my shoulders and remembered my promise once again, 'Why not? I'll go with you!' She brightened up. 'Jinja?! Okay then!' and with that we walked off to class. 

It was about 1 in the after noon and Eunji and I went to the nearest café to get some lunch. We discussed about the class we just had and about the club we were joining next. Time flew by and before we knew it, it was already 1:45. So we walked back to the uni and into the music room. I opened the door and entered first, and I was suprised to see a familiar looking guy rearranging the seats with another familiar guy. 'Luhan! Chanyeol!' They looked up at me and I waved to them. I walked over. 'What are you guys doing here?' Eunji asked, pointing at them. They chuckled. 'We're here for the vocal club.' A cheery voice from behind the stage called. 'In fact, I arranged it!' It turned out to be Baekhyun. 'You guys are early!' I smiled and pointed to Eunji. 'Well, what can I say? This one is eager to "show off her voice!"' I quoted his poster.

'Wait, you guys can sing?!' I asked in disbelief. Good looking guys that know how to sing. I'm glad I came to this club. 'Can you sing?' Chanyeol retorted. There was a knock on the door, and four girls walked in. They introduced themselves. There was a short one that seemed very outgoing, her name was Sunyoung, but she is preferred to be called Luna. One was a tanned, fit looking, had a happy smile, her name was Hyorin. I didn't really know what was gonna happen since it was an audition, and I've never been to one before. There was a table, and Baekhyun and Chanyeol were sitting on it. Luhan was already in becuase they knew his voice already.

The first to sing was Hyorin. She sang Sia's Chandelier and it was amazing. Really, her voice was husky yet it could reach notes so high! She even had a y feel to her performance. Second to sing was Luna. She sang Ailee's U&I. Even though Luna seemed kinda petite! she had a powerful voice. Her performance was confident and sassy. I was starting to wonder why I came here, becuase they were just so good! Both of them looked like actual singers. Next to perform was Eunji. She looked at me nervously, and moved slowly to the piano. I headmessaged her 'EUNJI! HWAITING!' and gave her a look of determination. She closed her eyes for a moment, her hands touching the keys, and started playing the intro of Let It Go. 

As she sang, her face was somewhat emotional and kinda sad, which I was really NOT used to seeing on Eunji's face, so I felt the urge to laugh, but I didn't, since I was a nice friend. Since I was used to Eunji's singing, I wasn't suprised or anything, but I watched Baekhyun's face turn from normal to disbelief to impressed. Nobody would have guessed tomboy Eunji could sing like that! And that wasn't even hard for her. After she finished, the was a round of applause, the loudest obviously me. I gave Eunji a thumbs up and a smile and she moved back to her seat next to me. Baekhyun was waiting for me to go up. 'You aren't auditioning?' He asked. 'Err... I don't know if I should. Uhh, really, they're really good, and I can't really sing...' 

'Bomi ssi, there is no such thing as "I can't sing", everybody can sing, just because you can't sing high, doesn't mean you're not good at singing. Plus, this isn't really an audition, if you want to join, we'll let you, but you just gotta have the guts to do this.' Luhan explained. I was really taken aback, that was the most he had said to me before. I wasn't used to it. Eunji also looked shocked. 'Ohhh... Okay then.' I got up, grabbed my guitar and sat in front of them. I wasn't embarrassed to sing in front of them, just scared they'll think I'm not good enough. I started playing a song called Nonono, which Eunji, Naeun and I made up in high school.

I saw Eunji stifle a laugh at the back of my eye, but I just ignored it and started singing. 'Seulpeo hajima nonono, honjaga anya nonono...' and it was okay, I guess, until I heard the door open and close behind me. I stopped, looked around and saw three guys at the door. The first two who I didn't know apologised. 'Sorry for being late, we had to do something.' They weren't using formal speech, so I was guessing they were friends or something? The third one just followed them. He was pretty cute, but something was familiar. I squinted my eyes and tried thinking hard. As he walked nearer to me, my eyes trailed to from the top of his scar on his face to the bottom of and and I realised... 'YOU?!' I stood up, guitar in one hand, the other pointing at him.

------------

Hey guys! How was this chapter. Who do you think the guy is? (well it's pretty obvious) Some songs like Twinkle and Nonono, the characters didn't write themselves in real life, but I couldn't think of anything else. Also, I don't think Eunji can play piano but Bomi can play guitar, well sort of. Lots of information to take in, I know. Sorry for not updating for like, 10 days, I ad this completion thingy and I had to study for it and stuff. But we won! Yay! 😝 Please comment and keep reading! Love, kpopblebee125