Chapter 2

Worth The Bets

The next morning, when I reached the front gate, I turned to the left since it was the way to my school. After I walked out from the house, it was either I turn to right or left to go to anywhere.

"Lee Junka" I was shocked by that voice. I looked at where the voice came from and I saw Junyoung was already standing in front of the gate. He was leaning against the wall while typing something on his phone.

"How did you know that it was me? And you almost give me a heart attack" I asked while walking towards him.

He giggled. "Sorry sorry. I didn't mean to give you a heart attack" he apologized. "Plus, do you think I'm stupid? Of course I did glare at the gate some times"

"Well, you are so focused typing on your phone so I didn't expect for you to see me" I explained.

"But I always expect for you" he said while he removed my bang from my forehead and kissed it.

I blushed by his action. I accidentally brushed his hand away from me and what I did shock him. "I'm sorry. I--I just ermm. We should go now or we'll be late" I said while walking, leaving him behind.

 

 

I laughed so loud that everyone in the class turned their heads to me. I couldn't help myself but when Kyuwan told me she ran into a pole and tripped over a banana peel were really funny. And it was because her eyes were stick to Park Hyungshik who only walked passed her. She was funny in her own way. I meant how could she hurt herself just because she was amazed by the perfection of Park Hyungshik.

Kyuwan buried her face in her arms on the desk. "That is so nice of you Lee Junka. Thank you" she said. Her voice really sounded like she was in depressed. 

"Sorry sorry" I said while wiping the tears that escaped my ears with my fingers. I was sitting at my place which was beside her but my whole body was facing her. One of my elbow was on the desk and the other one, I rest it on the seat-back. "I didn't meant to laugh at you but it is so funny, so I had to" I smiled.

"Junka" someone called my name. I looked at the way where it came from and she was my classmate, Naeun. "Do you want this coffee? Hayong bought it for me but I don't drink coffee" she asked while waving the coffee can.

I nodded my head. "Sure. Just toss it to me" I said. It was a perfect toss because I could catch it although it almost slipped my hands. "Thanks" I said and Naeun just nodded. Naeun was our school baseball pitcher. For the female team of course. So she was very good at throwing and tossing everything. Everyone said that without her in the team, our school would never get to the final in last year's championship eventhough they were placed second. She was a popular girl and what I knew was, she had this very huge crush on Moon Junyoung. I was glad that she still wanted to be friend with me even though she knew that I was Junyoung's girlfriend. She was very nice. 

I opened the can and drank it.  I passed it to Kyuwan. At first she refused it but I keep poking her upper arm with the can. "Come on. Drink some and you'll get better. I thought you like them" I said. She lifted her head a little. She fixed her hair while with her other hand she took the can that I was holding. "Good girl" I said with a smile on my face.

"So is my sweetheart a good girl too?" someone asked me and the voice came from my left ear. The voice sounded like a whisper yet it sounded so loud in my ear. 

I just nodded to that question and said, "Yes. Your sweetheart is a good girl" Only then I realized whose voice was it. Moon Junyoung.

My eyes widened and I gasped because I was such an idiot to respond to such question without looking at who it was. I turned my head and for that instant, Junyoung leaned forward and plant a kiss on my lips. 

I was surprised by that kiss. I broke the kiss by leaning my body backwards. I frowned at what he did. "Seriously Moon Junyoung. This is the second time you almost give me a heart attack today" I complained.

"I love surprises and I bet you will love them too. Sooner or later" he said with a smile curved on his face. His face was definitely cute when he smiled. I started to blush just seeing him smiling.

"Lee Junka" someone called me. I turned to the way where the voice came from. It was from the teacher's desk. I bent and turned my head a little to avoid Moon Junyoung who was blocking my view.

"Yes?" I responded. It was our class rep, Kim Suyeop.

"We should go hand all of these books to Mr Kevin now" Suyeop said.

"Okay!" I said and quickly stood up.

When I walked pass Junyoung, he grabbed my wrist, forcing me to stop walking. I looked down at him who was still sitting and frowned at him. "Where do you think you are going?" he asked.

"You heard him" I said. "Listen, it's my duty. Plus I promised Suyeop to help him with the books during recess time" I explained.

"I'll go with you then" he said.

I shook my head. "No. What if you suddenly stop in the middle of our way to meet Mr Kevin, left the books there and eventually I will be forced to bring all 36 books to Mr Kevin"

"You don't trust me?" Junyoung asked. His face looked disappointed this time. Like I said earlier, even though he was my boyfriend, I still had trust issues on him. Plus, I didn't really know him. All I knew from last night talk was that he was the oldest in his siblings. He had 2 twin little sisters which both of them were 15 years old. A brother, 12 years old and another 2 little sisters which 10 years old and 6 years old.

His siblings. I really wanted to meet his siblings even though he said that I would not be able to handle the chaos that his siblings would occur. I didn't care. Really. I only had my brother at home. I was technically lonely at house because when my brother dropped out from school, he decided to be a trainee and my parents agreed to that. Everything that we did would be okay for my parents as long as it did not put ourselves in danger. You could consider that I misused the permission that my parents gave to both of us because I could die if I wasn't careful in the tournament.

I knew I shouldn't be too straight forward to him but it would make things worst if I take detours on what I really wanted to say. He might misunderstand it. Plus, Moon Junyoung was the most popular guy. He could cheat on me anytime he wanted to. He was popular so he could get anyone that he likes. Anyone who was cuter and much prettier than me. I meant, I was nothing compared to most pretty girls at my school. My hair was black and the length was about under my armpits. It was greasy too. No matter how many times I changed my shampoo, it was still the same. I didn't mean to hurt him but you know how it feels like to have trust issues to someone you don't really know right?

"I'll prove to you that you can trust me" he said. I stared him into his eyes and he wasn't playing around this time. His face looked very serious and he looked so cute too. I had to give up with anything he requested. So I just nodded my head. A wide smile curved on his face and so did mine. 

I walked up to the front class, followed by him. I took half of the books and he took another half. The books were thick. Every book consists of about 100 pages so when it combines with other 36 books, it became very heavy. 

When we were few steps away from the class, Junyoung suddenly took few books from my hands and put it on top of the books that he was carrying. I looked up at him and he just smiled to me. I smiled back to him and we continued our walk to meet Mr Kevin.

 

--------------------

-

New day and today, Junyoung wasn't waiting for me in front of my gate anymore. It was good. I would die young because of the heart attack he always gave me.

 

I stretched my back as soon as Mr Kevin left the class. It was English class and it was a little bit bored because we were learning about one of Shakespeare's poem. Well, I didn't like poems. I didn't even remember the title's of the poem that we learnt just now. I knew how some people really love poems because the words they used were beautiful and I admit it, it was beautiful but I really couldn't really understand the meaning behind the poems. I guessed literature and me didn't get along.

 "Do you want to go to the cafeteria, Junka?" Kyuwan asked me while she stretched her body when she got up from the chair.

I shook my head. "No. I forgot to complete the Maths homework" I explained. I was actually busy practicing my boxing skills because the next tournament was next week. I need to be prepared for the tournament if I want to win. 

"Okay then. I guess I need warm up a little for me to go through the crowd to get the tuna sandwich. Oh gosh. I've been craving for that sandwich since last week" Kyuwan exclaimed. She took out the wallet from her bag. "I should go now before the cafeteria gets crowded. Bye" she waved at me and dashed to the cafeteria.

I waved back at her and I was impressed to see how fast she was in order to get the sandwich. Our school's tuna sandwich was the most delicious food we had. It was made from the soft bread that was imported from France, fresh and delicious tuna that was imported from Thailand, fresh and green cabbages that was imported from Malaysia and sweet and sour mayonnaise that was improted from Japan. To make it more special, there were pieces of deep fried chicken inside the sandwich that made the sandwich crunchy. And the chicken was from local chicken. The students said that although it looked like a regular ordinary sandwiches but when you eat it, you would feel that you were lifting up from the ground heading to heaven. Well, at least that was what they said.

Unfortunately, I was allergic to tuna. If I eat one, I will get rashes on my wrist and my neck.  

I was alone in the class. I bet everyone went to get the tuna sandwich. I opened my Maths book and started to complete my unfinished homework. I loved Maths especially when it involved solving differentation and integration problems. However, it killed me when the questions were application questions. 

"Lee Junka!!" someone called me. 

I looked up and turned to where the voice came from. I saw Junyoung was leaning his side on the frame door and he was sweating. I smiled to him and he smiled back to me while wiping his sweat on his chin with his collar shirt. "Come in" I said. He walked towards me and sat in front of me. "I feel great that you didn't give me any heart attack today" I added.

He chuckled and smiled, "I was about to but then I realized, I don't want you to die young because I believe that I can't live without you"

I blushed by what he said but I managed to put a smile.  "Why are you sweating?" I asked.

He didn't answer to my question instead he passed me a club of sandwich. It was that special tuna sandwich. "Here" he said.

I looked at him and asked, "Did you buy this for me? Were you sweating because of this?"

He nodded. "Before this I always get free sandwiches from my fans but today, I bought it for my one and only sweetheart" I didn't say anything but just smile half heartedly. "At first I thought it would be easy to go through the crowd but now I know that our school is really packed with human" he added.

I just stared at the sandwich. I didn't know how to say to him that I was allergic to tuna. I couldn't tell him because he went into the crowd of 500 people just to get this for me. To be honest, I was someone who really appreciate everything that was given to me. I couldn't say no if it was something that I didn't like. I would force myself to like it. 

"Have you eaten?" I asked. 

"No. I will eat after you eat" he said. He couldn't stop smiling and looking at him smiling made me smile too.

I took the sandwich and opened the wrapper. I gave it to Junyoung and asked him to take a bite. "Here. You must be tired. So you can have it. I'm not really hungry"

His smiles faded away. I wondered why he suddenly became gloomy just because I asked him to take a bite. He just smiled again and pushed my hand down slowly onto my desk. "You eat it. I promised my bandmates that I gonna eat with them today. I just drop by here. I think I should go now" he said while standing up. "See you after school" he said before he walked out of the class.

I was left dumbfounded. I blinked while trailed him out of the class. Why did he gave me such expression? Why he suddenly became gloomy? I didn't say anything that would hurt him though. 

Kyuwan came into the class after Junyoung left. She stomped her feet while heading towards her desk. "Lee Junka~ The sandwiches are already sold out" she complained. She sat on her chair and faced me. Her sight turned from me to my desk. "Where did you get that sandwich?" she asked.

"Ahh. I'm not hungry. You can have this" I said while I passed the sandwich to Kyuwan. 

Kyuwan quickly took the sandwich and roughly opened the wrapper. She shoved the sandwich inside and she screamed as it felt so delicious. "This is so good!" she squeaked while shoving another bite into . 

I heard some girls screaming outside of the class. They were surrounding someone near our class door. I saw there was a figure leaning on the wall while taking the gifts that he received from the girls. At first I thought it was Heechul. I caught a glimpse of red hair and I knew it wasn't Heechul. It was Junyoung.

Did he saw that I gave the sandwich to Kyuwan?

 

 

Junyoung walked me home again today. We were holding hands but none of us said anything along the walk. Suddenly, I could hear Junyoung cleared his throat. "Junka" he said. He wasn't looking at me. He was looking forward and he didn't look happy.

"Ne?" I responded.

"Do you still have trust issues on me?" he asked and his face was serious. 

It took quite a long time for me to answer to that question. I looked at the children that were playing at the playground. I didn't know what I should answer. He looked unhappy and mad. I didn't know my freelings either. I started to like him and I loved him. I thought that it would be okay if I didn't like him in the first place because eventually I would gradually grow my love feelings towards him. No one needs to tell me that, I knew that fact. Part of me said that I wanted to trust him but I had to take precautions because he was the popular guy. He could leave me anytime he wanted to. I didn't want to be left heart broken because I trusted him. I didn't want to look weak when he left me. 

"I don't know" I said.

 

----------------------

 

"Ah~choo" I sneezed. I took a piece of tissue beside my bed and blew my nose. There was a hill of used tissues beside me. The TV was on and it was airing an afternoon family drama. Boring.

I was a person who rarely got sick and I suddenly had a fever. I decided not to go to school so I stayed under my blanket. I was feeling hungry because I didn't eat from morning but I was too weak to cook or to eat. I knew why I had a sudden cold. It was because I forgot to close my window that night after I got home from a late night jog. To make the thing worst, it was raining that night. 

I remembered when he came to my house that night and we hang out together, I asked him again, why me he chose to be his girlfriend. It took him a minute before he could answer. He said it was because I was cute. I blushed and disbelieved at the same time. I was blushing because of the compliment but just because I was cute he want me to be his girlfriend? I mean it's okay to like someone who is cute but what if there were so many others cute girls out there? Not what if but there were many other cute girls out there. What if he suddenly wanted to break up with me? Kyuwan was cute too. He might cheated on me and go out with Kyuwan after this. But I knew that Kyuwan wouldn't do that to me because I was her bestfriend. 

"Why am I feeling so insecured?" I muttured to myself. 

Plus, his expression the other day really confused me. He didn't walk me to school or home after the other day. Was he feel hurt because I gave the sandwich to Kyuwan? Or was it because of the trust issues thingy? 

I really didn't know if I should put trust on him. I wanted to trust him but part of me said that I shouldn't because somehow I could sense there was something wrong with him that made me not to trust him but what was it? All this while he had been nice to me and not a single time he hurt me. He was there when I needed him, he cuddled me, he kissed me, what else that I want from him? I always hated myself for having this kind of feeling.

I turned my body and I was facing the ceiling. I put my arm on my forehead and it was burning. I really needed something to cool my fever down but I felt dizzy. I took my phone and checked it. It was 3.35pm and I didn't receive any phone calls or text messages. I was expecting to receive a lot of phone calls or text messages. From Junyoung especially. I wondered if he worried about me for not coming to school. I guess he really was mad at me. 

I slowly closed my eyes because my head felt really dizzy. Slowly I entered my dreamland.

 

 

My eyes fluttered. I tried to adjust with the light inside my house. I slowly tried to sit up with my other hand holding my head. My dizzy seemed didn't get away after a long nap. I took my phone and checked at the time. It was 9pm. My stomach suddenly growled. I hadn't eaten since morning. To fill my stomach, I got up to get to the kitchen. I was too lazy to cook and my head felt so heavy to think what to cook if I wanted to. I searched for any instant noodles inside the cabinet. I only found an empty plastic of instant noodles that I forgot to throw away. I sighed at it. 

I put my palm on my forehead. "It's not as hot as this morning. I guess I can go out then" I said to myself. I took a thick jacket in my wardrobe and headed to the front door. I didn't forget to bring a mask and a small tissue pocket. I slid my phone, my wallet and a tissue pocket inside my jacket pocket. Then I walked down the stairs while wearing the washable leopard print mask.

When I reached the front gate, I turned to the way where the closest convenient store situated at. When I was walking not so far from the gate, suddenly someone jumped in front of me. "Waghhh!!" he screamed.

"" I cursed while putting my hand on my chest. It was Moon Junyoung. He giggled to my reactions and it suddenly turned into a big laugh. I gave him a death glare, totally pissed off with him. "Seriously?" I frowned while pulling down the mask to my chin so that I could talk properly "You almost give me a hear attack!" I exclaimed.

He put his hand around my waist and pulled me closer to him. "Were you that surprised? I'm sorry then. I've been missing you all day" he said. He bent his head a little so that his lips could touch mine but I slowly pushed his body away from me. 

"Sorry. I'm sick. I don't want my virus to affect you" I said. I sneezed before I could pull up back the mask to cover my nose and mouth. "Ahhhh. So sorry. I guess you should go home" I said while taking out the tissue pocket out of my jacket pocket. I turned to other way so that he had not to witness how I blew my nose. 

"You shouldn't be outside. What are you doing outside at this cold night?" he asked. I looked at his face and he looked as if he was mad. His eyes narrowed and both of his hands were on his waist. He looked like a father that would yell at her daughter anytime. 

"I'm hungry. I'm out of food at home so that's why I'm outside" I answered slowly. I couldn't look into his eyes because his eyes were like in fire. Seriously, I really could feel that he would yell at me anytime. I just had to wait.

I could hear he sighed. "You should have call me. I am your boyfriend remember? You still have trust issues on me. I mean, I am a man and I do what a boyfriend should do to his girlfriend.  You should put a little trust on me. How much should I prove to you that I can be a good boyfriend?" he exclaimed. I knew from his voice that he wanted to yell so bad but he managed to control it.

I was speechless because it was his first time to get really mad at me. I only looked down like a good girl and pouted because I just got scolded. I wasn't brave enough to fight back. Plus, what he said was true. He was my boyfriend and after about 1 week, I still had trust issues on him. I guessed he really had done everything to prove to me that he was a good boyfriend.

"Just go back to your house. I will go get something for you to eat" he said while putting his bang behind his head even though his bang fell back to its original position. I didn't know why but I was in my own world at that moment because he amazingly looked gorgeous when he did that. 

I shook my head and smiled at him. "It's okay. I can go by myself. You should go home. I don't want you to get sick too" I said and put an innocent smile on my face.

"Everyone in this neighborhood will get sick if you are out here because you will spread your virus all over the place. So you better go home now" he exclaimed and he was deadly serious.

"That is so mean" I pouted.

"I know. I purposely said that. Now, will you?" he said while harshly spun my body around so that I walk back to my house. He slowly pushed me on my back and forced me to walk.

I walked towards the front gate. I stopped and looked at him over my shoulder. 'Go' he mouthed to me with his serious face. I gulped and slowly walked back to my house. What worries me at that moment wasn't because I couldn't go buy my own food. In fact it was good to have someone else to buy you food. The thing that worried me so much was, 'How am I supposed to say to him so that he will not want to enter my house?' I thought.  

 

 

I heard a knock on the front door. I quickly grabbed the jacket that I hung on the chair near the door and twist the door knob open. I only opened the door halfway and block the view of my interior house with my body. Junyoung was standing in front of my house. He raised his hands a little and showed a plastic bag that was filled with food and another platic bag that was filled with medicine. 

"May I?" he asked. 

He took a step forward before I pushed his chest, stopping him from coming forward. I shook my head. "No. You can't enter my house" I said while I stepped out and closed the door behind me.

He rolled his eyes and asked, "Why is that?" 

"Err--" I startled. I couldn't think of an excuse to forbid him from entering my house and know my secet. I was thinking of various excuses that I could give to him but I couldn't come up with a good one. 

He gave me the things that he bought for me. I took it from his hands. He stared me into the eyes while his hands were on his hips. "Do you still have trust issues on me?" he asked.

I hadn't thought deeply about anything so I just blurted everything out. "You know Moon Junyoung. I know you are mad. I know that you saw I gave the sandwich to Kyuwan. I am really sorry. I knew you had gone through the crowd to get me the sandwich. I really am--" 

"It's not about the sandwich Lee Junka" he said, almost yelled. "That sandwich doesn't hurt me. What hurt me the most is how you still doubt me. I proved to you that I only like you and love you. Only you. Why would you think that every popular guy in this world would be the same. So you know. I am different. I don't like any kind of pretty girls. I like pretty girls like you. If I would dump you, I shouldn't ask you to be my girlfriend at the first place. If it was a prank, this prank would be over few days ago. Now, you don't even allow me to go into your house. Why? You think I will do something bad to you if we are alone in this house? I won't do such things. Why is it so hard for you to trust me?" 

I was speechless. I couldn't utter a word. I saw few tears escaped his eyes. Did he cry? Did he keep this all to himself? Did he really love me? 

"J--Junyoung" I muttured. I couldn't say anything but only his name. 

"You know where to find me when you have a little trust on me" he said. He wasn't looking at me. I guessed he was really upset with me because of my stupid trust issues. "I should go home now. Bye" he said while walking away.

I was totally left dumbfounded. I didn't know what to say or what to act. I had to figure out the solution.

"I am such an idiot. Why is it so hard for me to say that I am allergic to tuna?" I muttured to myself and went inside my house. 

-

----------------

 

My fever had cool down a little but still I was having a fever. I had to be stronger because I had to make things straight between Junyoung and I. I didn't care if the whole class would be sick because of me. I just wanted to settle everything with Junyoung.

I fell asleep for the first 4 periods that morning. I couldn't sleep last night because I was thinking of ways to make things better between me and Junyoung. I asked for Kyuwan to cover for me if the teachers spotted me sleeping and wake me up when it was recess time. Kyuwan did well at covering me during the lessons periods.

"Yah. Lee Junka. Wake up now. It's already recess time" she exclaimed while shaking my body from her place. I could feel her hand on my right shoulder. 

I slowly lifted up my head from my desk and looked around. The classroom was empty. There were only me, Kyuwan, Naeun and her friends in the class. I wiped my face and put my head on my forehead then on my neck. It still felt hot. I had to go to infirmary after I settled everything with Junyoung. 

I quickly stood up and walked out of the class. Our classes were on the same floor. Only 1 class that separated us. I saw him with his bandmates were talking outside of his class. I ignored everyone that was walking at the corridor and headed towards Junyoung. Junyoung saw me walking to him because I could see his mouth muttered my name. I stopped right in front of him. 

"Junka" he muttured.

I didn't say anything. Since he was taller than me, I grabbed his collar, forced him to bend down and kissed him on his lips. Everyone was stunned by my sudden action because all this while they had seen only Junyoung who kissed me first but this time, I kissed him first. 

Junyoung didn't resist it even though we were in front of his bandmates. Even though he said he felt embarrassed everytime he talked about me with them because they would . Instead, he kissed me back. He even gently put his hand around my neck and with his thumb, he slowly and gently carressed my jaw. Like he always did. 

I broke the kiss. My breathing was uneven.  "I love you and I trust you" I whispered but it was loud enough for Junyoung to hear. 

Junyoung smiled and this smile that I had been longing for to look at. "I love you too" he whispered back to me.

I smiled back. That was what I remembered until everything became pitch black.

 

 

My eyes fluttered as I tried to adjust my eyes with the light in the room. My head felt dizzy but I tried to look around. I was laying on a hospital bed and I could see there was a white curtain divider around me. I knew I was in the infirmary. There was no one there. I tried to sat up when someone called my name.

"Lee Junka" I looked at where the voice came from and it was Junyoung. A smile curved on my face "You are awake" he added. He walked to the side of my bed and passed me a cup of plain water. 

"Thanks" I said. "What happened?" I asked as I drank the water.

"You passed out after you kissed me and after you said you love me and you trust me" Junyoung answered. 

I accidentally spat out the water when I heard the words 'passed out'. I looked at him and he was already laughing to my reaction. "That is not funny" I pouted as I wiped my mouth with the tissue he gave me.

"I know" he muttured. "You should stay at home"

"I can't" I said. "I don't want someone to keep on sulking because of me"

He pouted. I guess he knew that I was talking about him. Well, obviously. He suddenly leaned forward. His hands grabbed both of my wrists that were rested on the my thighs before he kissed me on my forehead. 

"Thank you for trusting me" he whispered.

I chuckled and said, "So you know, I am allergic to tuna"

I couldn't see his face but I knew he was surprised to know that I was allergic to tuna. "So can I visit your house again?" he whispered again.

"No" I said and I sounded strict.

He didn't say anything but I could feel he was smirking.

 

--------------------

To be continued...

 

~~~~~

So I completed this chapter at 2.10 am. HAHAHAHAH Please look forward to this story. Sorry for any English mistakes that I made. Still improving my English skills. Heeeeeee. Feel free to read, subscribe and leave comments :) 

Love ya <3 ^~^