Chapter 16 - Junyoung

Worth The Bets

It was the first day of school after I caught Junka brought my sister to the warehouse. I was walking alone to school. I did not have enough sleep last night because I couldn't stop thinking about things that is happening around me. I was yawning when suddenly I felt a load around my shoulder as someone hung his arm around my neck. I looked over to that person and it was Taehun. He wasn't alone. I glared to the figure next to him and it was Heechul. 

"Bwoya" my voice sounded like I was pissed and I really was pissed off. I wasn't in a good mood to goof off today.

But Taehun didn't see the sign, so he put his arm around neck again and literally dragging me. "Yah, you lost" Taehun said.

"Lost what?" I asked.

"The bets. Don't tell me that you forget we made a bet about you getting on Junka. You dumped her right?" he explained. I looked at him in confusion. "Now, give me the money" he continued as he tried to snatch my wallet from my pocket. 

I pulled myself off from him. I looked at him with confusion. "I didn't dump her" 

"Dude please. Everyone is talking about it"

I frowned as we continued the walk. "About what?"

Taehun shrugged. "Hello. About you dumped her because you found her with a male boxer at an illegal tournament" 

My eyes widened, surprised by the rumours. I hadn't talk to anyone about it since the day I caught her brought my sister to that place. "Everything is true but not about the male boxer" I muttured. "But maybe it's true though" I said as I remembered that I saw her with a guy at her house. 

"Why?" this time it was Taehun who was frowning. 

"I saw her" I replied.

Heechul was sighing. His sighed was loud that Taehun and I were frowning at him this time. "And you call yourself a loving and caring boyfriend when rumours about your girlfriend are spreading?"

I stopped walking and that made Taehun and Heechul to stop walking too. I looked at Heechul and Heechul was staring at me. The stare was sharp like he could just kill me with only with the stare. I didn't back off though because I've seen that stare for too many times. Instead I stared back at him while I slipped my hands inside my trousers pockets. "What did you just say?" I asked. My tone was sharp. As sharp as his stares.

Taehun could feel the atmosphere around us were very tense. He tried to break the tense but we ignored him. "What is wrong with you two?" Taehun muttured. We didn't answer to his question. The three of us have been friends for a long time. Add it all, we were bandmates so we were very close. When this kind of situation happens, definitely one of us could sense it and will try to break it off no matter what. "Let's get to class before the school bell rings" Taehun cheered as he linked his arms with both us. Both of us drew our arms from Taehun harshly while our eyes still fixed on each other. Taehun stumbled a little and he was shocked by our reactions. Neither me nor Heechul would budge.  

"How can you call yourself a caring boyfriend when you trust the rumours itself rather than your own girlfriend?" Heechul asked. Rather than a question it was like he was stating the fact. I was already clenching my fists, preparing to land it on his pretty face if he continued. "I bet you didn't even try to listen to her explanation. Do you know why Taehun?" he purposedly asked Taehun. He wasn't really want to ask the question. He was just trying to make me mad and on fire. "Because you are so stubborn and you think everything that you do is right!" he exclaimed.

I lost my patience. I dropped the bagpack that I hung on one of my shoulders on the ground. I raised my fist in the air, ready to land on his precious face but Taehun already slipped in between us and stopped me from getting near to Heechul. Heechul didn't even flinch or budge when I tried to get to him because he knew that Taehun was there to stop me. I wasn't the only one who has the self defense knowlege, Taehun did too. He had black belt in Taekwondo. So Taehun was very strong, even stronger than me. That was why he could use his strength to stop me. 

"Yah yah Moon Junyoung. You better calm yourself down. Get a grip of yourself. If the teachers see this, we are not allowed to join the battle and Kwanghee hyung would be really pissed off" Taehun said. His tone was low and calm. I looked at Taehun and he just looked back into my eyes. "You certainly don't want all of our hard work to go to waste just because of this right?" he added. His eyes could tell me that he was pleading and begging me to stop.

I put my fist down and I shifted my glare to look at Heechul. He was already smirking to himself. I fixed my school jacket and rubbed the dust of it even though there wasn't any. I flipped my hair bang that was blocking my eye. "Yes. Indeed. I am not a perfect boyfriend but I saw everything with my very own eyes" I said as I approached him slowly. He just stared at me and he didn't took any step back just to show that he was brave too. I stopped when our foreheads was about 1 cm apart. "The rumours are the facts. She's cheating on me. You better out of this matter if you don't want any fist to land on your precious face". I stared into his eyes. I was waiting for him to say something instead, he just smirked at me. I smirked back at him. 

I took a step back without looking away from Heechul. "Here" Taehun said as he gave me back my bagpack. I harshly took it from him and my heels, continue my walk to the class. 

"Yah! Wait up!" Taehun shouted. I could here he slow jogged to catch up with me but I ignored him.

 

 

I threw my bagpack on my desk as soon as we got into our classroom. My hands were on my hips and I tried to take a deep breath. I didn't know what was Heechul's intention. I didn't know if Junka had meet him or talk to him since I never wanted to answer her calls or reply her messages. I was too mad to everything that is happening around me. Mina hated me and she locked herself in her room. Junka cheated on me by inviting another guy into her house right after we had a fight. To make things worst, my mother also blamed me for making Mina locking herself up in the room. 

Now, Heechul's trying to provoke me. It was as if he was trying to make me break up with Junka. I knew he liked Junka but I won't let his provocation let me make a decision to break up with Junka. 

Or perhaps I would. I love Lee Junka and I really am. But she betrayed me. She brought my sister to the warehouse. Maybe her reasons was to just let my sister to watch the match but sooner or later, Mina would join the tournament as well. I would not let that to happen after what happened to my father. And the guy that I saw came out of her house. If the rumours about he cheated with me with some other male boxer wasn't true, then who was that guy? I didn't know how the rumours were spread because I didn't talk to anyone about it and I wanted to help Junka to dispel the rumours. However, I caught her red handed and I saw everything with my own eyes. Perfect boyfriend or not, every guy who truly loves his girlfriend will feel extremely disappointed and mad too.

"What was that?" Taehun asked as he settled himself down at his place. I looked at Taehun and he definitely looked shocked. His expression clearly explained that he was confused with the situation. "I never see you and Heechul fight except for stupid and funny things but what the was that about?" 

I took another deep breath. "I need to go to the toilet" I said as I tried to avoid to answer to the question. I my heels and headed out of the class. I even ignored Taehun shouting my name.

I walked along the hallway. I could see Junka at the end of the hallway. Even though I was crazily mad at her, but I still find her beautiful and shine the most in the crowd of students at the hallway. I slightly shook my head and just continued my walk to the toilet. She was smiling at me and that really pissed me off. Was she trying to act as if nothing happened? Big mistake Lee Junka because something really happened.

She raised her hand to wave at me. I just glared at her and looked away. "Junyoung anny--" she said and I just walked passed her, pretending I didn't see her. I have no mood to talk or even to look at her after my fight with Jung Heechul. I needed time to clear my head.

 

--------------

 

Second day of school for the week. The school bell rang. It means the end of school for today. School was doing just fine except that the rumours about Junka has been spread widely compared to yesterday. Almost everyone in my class approached me to ask me about the truth. I didn't answer to them because I didn't know the truth either. 

I was busy keeping my stuffs inside my bagpack when I heard Kwanghee hyung screamed my name and Taehun's name, "Junyoung-ie~~~ Taehun-ie~~~!!" 

We lifted our head to look at him. Kwanghee hyung ran to us and hung his arms around our necks, almost strangling us. With our strength, we harshly drew his arms off our necks. We looked at him and I could hear Taehun was cursing under his breath. He really hated it when someone did that to him but it was okay for him to do it to someone else. 

"What are you doing here hyung?" I asked as I kept the last book that was on my desk into the bagpack. Taehun was already zipping his bagpack and so did I. 

Kwanghee hyung grinned. "I need you two to stay back because we need to fix some of the arrangement and the lyrics of our new song"

"Why we are not doing this at the ususal place?" I asked with a frown on my face.

Kwanghee hyung cleared his throat before he explained. "Mr Kim Wooram told me that he needs to submit the confirmed songs that we are going to perform this weekend including the lyrics and music sheets to the management. So we need to finish it because he needs to submit it by today"

"No problem" Taehun responded. I just nodded my head. "Have you told Heechul about this?" Taehun asked. I pretended I didn't hear anything when Taehun mentioned Heechul's name. After the fight with him yesterday, I hadn't talk to him. At all. Both of us were filled with ego. The band practice last night wasn't lively as it used to be although Kwanghee hyung and Taehun tried so hard to break the tense between Heechul and I. Kwanghee hyung lectured us about needing good moods so we can deliver good music and good vibes during the performance. But neither I nor Heechul care about it.

"I already told him." Kwanghee hyung explained and he was already heading out of our class. "Let's go to my class" 

Kwanghee hyung's classroom was on the floor right above us. We had to take 2 flights of stairs to reach the floor. We walked along the hallway and passed 2 empty classes. When we reached at Kwanghee hyung's class, Heechul was already there. He was sitting near the window that's facing the school front gate while looking outside.

"Oh you're here Jung Heechul" Kwanghee hyung cheered as he walked to his desk which was situated at the last row, right beside the classroom's door. Taehun and I followed him to his desk.

Heechul turned to look at us. "Oh ahh yeah" he responded as we walked to us. 

Kwanghee hyung sat on his chair and took out his guitar from the bag. I sat on the chair that was in front of Kwanghee hyung's desk and sat on it without even bothering to turn it around. I rested both of my arms on the chair's back and started to look at the music sheets that were scattered on the desk. Taehun grabbed a chair near him and settled down next to me. Heechul sat in between Taehun and Kwanghee. 

I rubbed my right eyebrow with my finger, pretending that Heechul wasn't there with us because I was still pissed off with him. 

"Okay. Let's get to work" Kwanghee hyung said as he strummed the strings on his guitar.

 

 

Almost 2 hours passed. The four of us were already tired from brainstorming. The new song really gave us headache. We couldn't help that much with the lyrics since it was Kwanghee hyung who wrote it based on his experience. It was a song about breaking up. He wanted to show that even though he was dumped by the girl, he could still live his life as usual. His life was even better without her. We wanted to bring good mood and the positivity of this song to the audience. So we decided to make the genre to be rock. We wanted the lyrics to be easy so that people can sing along and enjoy the melody.

"I think we should take a break" I said as I put down the pencil I was holding. 

"I agreed" Taehun said, raising up his hand as a sign he was voting for my suggestion. 

"Okay. 5 minutes break" Kwanghee hyung ordered. 

Heechul glanced at his wristwatch. "I can't stay any longer. My mum asked me to buy some groceries so I need to get home early" he got up from his seat while putting on his winter jacket and then his bagpack. "I guess I will see you guys again tonight" he continued. 

"See you later" Taehun responded while waving. 

"Annyeong~" Kwanghee hyung whined while giving him a fist bump. 

I didn't say anything. I just glared at him as he walked out of the classroom. When Heechul was no longer in sight, I got up from my seat. "Who wants some drink?" I asked. They didn't say anything but only raised up their hands. "Okay" I said as I walked out of the class.

Luckily, that floor had 2 vending machines so I didn't have to run down to the ground floor to get to the vending machines. I walked along the hallway, passed a few empty classes. I took out my wallet from my trousers pocket. I inserted the coins and the bills. I forgot to ask what they want to drink. I took no time to guess what would they want to drink so I just bought 3 coffees from the machine. 

I walked back to Kwanghee hyung's classroom. I passed the coffee to them.

Kwanghee hyung didn't say anything as he grabbed the can and quickly open it. Only Taehun thanked me. I just smiled to him. Suddenly I felt my phone was vibrating inside my pocket so I fished it out. I looked on the screen and it was Junka who sent me a text message. I opened the message and read it. 

'We need to talk. I'm waiting for you at the front gate' 

I didn't feel like wanting to talk or hear any explanation. I slid my phone back inside my pocket as I walked to the window. I opened the can that was in my hand and took a sirp. I spotted Junka at the front gate. I almost spat the coffee inside my mouth when I saw her with Heechul. I didn't know what they were talking about and I wish I could hear them. 

There were talking for a moment. When I saw Junka was about to leave, I felt a bit relief but Jung Heechul really was getting on my nerves when he grabbed on Junka's hand. He was talking something and Junka just shrugged. Junka had started walking when Heechul turned to look at the school building. To be exact, he was looking at me.

He knew I was eyeing on them and he purposely made me feel jealous.

 

---------------

 

To be continued...

 

 

~~~~~

Hi readers ^^ I want to say sorry in advance because I might not be able to update frequently as my second semester will start on 23rd February. I will be very busy with my college life. I really hope that your support to this story doesn't stop here. I will still update but not as fast or as frequent as now. I hope you guys can understand. Thanks and love ya :D