Chapter 7 - Junyoung

Worth The Bets

My eyes fluttured as I tried to adjust my eyes to the light around me. I blinked a few times before my eyes could focus at the ceiling. I was still facing the ceiling but my eyes were roaming around. I could see there was a rail and a green nylon curtain attaced to it. From the curtain, I knew I was in the hospital but I couldn't remember for what reason I was laid on the bed in the hospital. I closed my eyes for a while because I suddenly felt dizzy as I tried to remember what actually happened. I put my hand to my forehead to massage it when I felt the bandage around my head. 

"What happened?" I muttured to myself. I put my hand down. I clenched my hand to a fist when I felt my left hand was holding onto something. I lift up my head a little to see Lee Junka was sleeping beside me. I didn't know why but I automatically smiled to see her. I was happy to see her sleeping beside me. She looked very adorable when she was fast asleep. The face that I wish I could see every time when I wake up in the morning.

Suddenly, I caught a vision of what happened last night. I remembered when I heard someone screamed for my name. Then I remembered that someone flipped my body over and I saw Junka's face. I remembered everything now.

When the snow storm started falling, I couldn't make it to the bottom of the hill. I thought it would be faster if I snowboard down the hill but because of the strong wind and the snow that kept falling, I couldn't see anything. I insisted to snowboard down so I could get to the bottom of the hill in a short time. While I snowboard down, I didn't realize there was a small log in the middle and I hit on it. That made me lost control and fell off into the dark forest. That was all I remembered until I heard Junka screamed for my name.

She saved me.

I didn't want to wake her up because I knew it must had been tiring to search and save me. Plus, she looked she really needed that sleep and rest. I reached out my hand and started few strands of her hair. Her hair was soft, shiny and it was very black. Her hair looks like very healthy unlike mine. She looked squishy with her puffy reddish cheeks. Her cheeks were always red. She didn't need to apply a blusher because they were always red. I guessed that was her natural beauty. Plus, her cheeks would turn into more red when she felt embarrassed. I loved to see her cheeks turned into more red because I think she looks cuter.  I really want to pinch that cheeks of her and hug her so tight right now. 

Why must she be the victim for our bets? She was innocent. 

 

 

~ 1 Month Ago ~

 

We took a break after one hour practice at our usual practice place. I went to our little pantry to take a glass of water because my throat felt a little bit sore after our endless practice. Heechul, Taehun and Kwanghee hyung were sitting at the front couch. I went to them and sat on the stage while facing them.

"I'm bored" Heechul sighed. "We have been practicing and practicing. We are good enough actually. I think we should cut off a little on our practice and have some fun"

Kwanghee hyung, who sat beside him gave Heechul a knock on his head. "We need to make everything perfect if we want to win the battle. Dream on getting first place if you only know how to slack off" Kwanghee hyung exclaimed and he sounded pissed off with Heechul.

Heechul gave Kwanghee hyung his death stare but since all of us had used to the stare, the stare did not work on us anymore. "Do you want me to hit you again?" Kwanghee hyung asked while his hand was up in the air. Heechul was scared that he was already covering and his head with his hands and bending down to his knees.

The rest of us just laugh to see such funny reaction Heechul had.

"I'm pretty sure that we are actually a bit stress right now. So why not we play a game to release some stress" Taehun suggested.

"Call" I agreed. "Let's not just make a simple game. Whoever lost in this game, he have to do a dare"

"Call" Heechul said.

"Sounds great" Kwanghee hyung added. "But what's the game and what is the dare?"

The three of us were silent when Kwanghee hyung asked the question. Taehun was only suggesting for something fun to do to release our stress and I was only trying to make it more harder and enjoyable. I didn't know that Taehun had no idea of what game we were going to play.

Kwanghee hyung sighed and rolled his eyes. "Fine. Since you guys have no idea on what we are going to play, so whoever the last person who kick the can into the bin, he have to do the dare" Kwanghee hyung said. 

"Call" Heechul and Taehun agreed.

"No!" I shouted. "I can't play at this game. I am no good at playing this. THIS IS UNFAIR!"

Kwanghee hyung was already up into the back section to take the bin and an empty can. He looked over his shoulder to me and winked to me. "Who cares" he said and walked to the back.

I looked towards Heechul and Taehun. Taehun just shrugged and Heechul was already laughing, knowing that I would lose in this game. "Bare with it. You can't come out with a game we can play" Heechul explained.

"Fine. How about the dare?" I asked. "I gotta be prepared for that"

"We can't tell just yet. Let's wait and see who is going to lose. After that only we can think a very awful embarrassing dare" Taehun said and he already had his naughty smile on his face. All of them were quite confidence for the game except me because I knew, I was going to do the dare.

 

30 minutes have passed and like expected, I lost. 

I sat on the couch with my arms widely spread. I took a deep breath while the others were busy celebrating their victory. They were shouting and jumping and that really pissed me off.

There was a cushion right next to me. I took the cushion and threw it to them. "SHUT UP! YOU IDIOTS!" I shouted.

They had stop shouting and jumping but the smiles on their face definitely showed that they couldn't wait to give me the dare. They walked back to me. Kwanghee hyung and Taehun sat next to me while Heechul sat on the stage across me. Kwanghee hyung wrapped his arm around my neck before he gave a fist twist on my hair. I struggled to let myself off from him. I harshly took his arm away from me. I gave him a death glare and fixed my hair.

"Come on Junyoung. Just accept the fact that you lost" Heechul said. He rested his elbows on his thighs and clasped his hands together.

I scoffed. "Idiot. I am accepting it. Can't you see?" I said while I was still fixing my hair. When the hair was all fixed, I sat in the same position as Heechul. "So what's the dare?" I asked.

"Hmmm" Kwanghee hyung mumbled. He put his fingers along his jaw and acting as if he was thinking of something. I was pretty sure that the three of them already had the dare prepared for me. "You never have a girlfriend don't you?" Kwanghee hyung asked.

"Who said that? I've been in a relationship before with Son Naeun. We broke up last year" I explained. I didn't know why but when Kwanghee hyung said that I never been into a relationship, it sounded like I was a gay that's why I never been in a relationship for 17 years. "Ask Heechul for yourself" I said.

Heechul just nodded his head. "It was an awful broke up" he said.

I glared to Heechul with my annoyed face. "You don't have to remind me of that" I said. Yes, I hated it when someone remind me of how I broke up with Naeun but Son Naeun was my past and I definitely not going to fall for her ever again. I was such a stupid to think that she was my eternal love after everything that we have done together. 

"Okay" Kwanghee hyung continued. "But it was last year right? So how about we dare you to take a girl that we choose as your girlfriend?"

"Call" again Taehun and Heechul agreed with Kwanghee hyung immediately.

"What? No" I said while I shook my head. "It's not nice to play around with other people's feelings. What if the girl doesn't like me and refuse to be my girlfriend? I am the school popular lead vocal and if the girl refuses to be my girlfriend, it will be a huge and horrible public humiliation.Definitely negative" I said as I shook my head.

"Because you are the school popular lead vocal, the girl will not going to reject you. You have everything, what would you be afraid of?" Kwanghee hyung explained.

"Or are you actually a coward?" Taehun added.

"What?! No" I said as I turned my head to Taehun who sat to my left. "Fine. I'll do it. Who is the girl? And most importantly, how about the duration? I mean, I don't like that girl so it is impossible for me to last long the relationship. Plus, what do I get if I accomplish this dare?"

"3 months and you will get 20k won from each of us if you managed to go through it for 3 months" Heechul said.

"Okay call" I said. "So who is the girl?"

I turned to look at Kwanghee hyung. He frowned and looked back at us. "I can't think of one. How about you two?" Kwanghee hyung asked.

"How about the new girl from Heechul's class?" Taehun suggested.

"WHAT?!" Heechul shouted. He sounded really surprise and that shout surprise us as well. 

"Why are you shouting?" I asked.

"Ohh nothing. I'm just surprised" he said.

I frowned to him. It was impossible for Heechul to suddenly scream for no reason. I knew him for so many years. "Do you like her?" I asked.

"Like? Who?" he asked. He quickly shook his head when I was still frowning. "That new girl? No. I am just surprised that it will be someone from my class but I am perfectly cool with it" he said. His voice sounded like he was trying to calm himself down when he actually was furious about something. "But don't you think it will be awkward because Naeun is in my class too"

"Who cares about Naeun?" I rolled my eyes. I really didn't want to hear her name anymore. 

"Anyway, what is her name?" Taehun asked. 

"Lee Junka" Heechul answered half-heartedly. 

I could sense that there was something wrong with Heechul since first we mention about this new girl from his class. Unfortunately, I would ignore it because he denied it himself. "I don't know her" I said. 

"Okay so the girl is Lee Junka. Since our Junyoung-ie doesn't know which girl is Lee Junka, so tomorrow, Heechul has to take a picture of Junka. Then, on the day after tomorrow, Junyoung will ask her to be his girlfriend during recess time" Kwanghee hyung explained.

I nodded my head while my heart was racing, wondering who is this Lee Junka. I just hoped that she was nice and pretty. Nothing much that I could ask.

 

-----------------

 

Heechul and I sat on the floor while our back were leaning against the wall. It was the usual place for the members to hang out. It was the space between flight of stairs that went up to the rooftop. The rooftop was actually the place we usually hang out. Well not just us but most of the students here. But since it was cold out there, we decided to just hang around near the stairs because it felt warmer. It was cold outside, so not many students went hang out at the rooftop. The stairs were temporarily had least people pass by. Well, actually only us.

Heechul asked me to skip a class today and I agreed with him. We never get caught for skipping class. If in any case suddenly a teacher passed by and suspected us for skipping class, we would say that we were preparing for the next band tournament and teachers will just pretend that we weren't there. Well, our band was the school only asset to be on top. Plus, we were band that are geniuses except for Heechul. He was a bit dumb. All of us managed to be in top 100 in the ranking while Heechul only managed to be in top 150 in our last exam.

I was drinking my coffee out of the can until it was empty when Heechul took out his phone from the pocket. He passed the phone to me to show a picture. "Here" he said.

I put the can aside and took the phone from his hand. It was a picture of a girl sleeping on her desk. Her head was laying on the English textbook. I looked at Heechul. "Who is this?" I asked. 

"Her name is Lee Junka" he explained. "She is our target yesterday. Remember?" 

"Ahhh" I said while still staring at the picture. "Well, she's not that pretty actually but she's not that ugly either"

Heechul frowned to me. "If you don't want her, we can change to other girl" he said.

I looked back at him and rose an eyebrow. "What? Do you think that I can't do it?" I asked. Heechul didn't say anything. He just nodded his head. "I'll prove it to you tomorrow" I said as I rolled my eyes. 

"So you know, the three of us had agree not to see how are you going to ask her to be your girlfriend. If we stand near you, it will be too obvious" Heechul explained.

"Call" I responded. "Send her photo to me so I can remember how she looks like"

 

--------------------

 

I couldn't believe that I had to do such drastic thing to make Lee Junka becoming my girlfriend. I touched my lips as soon as I walked out from Junka's class. I still could feel the taste of cherry from her lips and a little of banana. I guessed the cherry came from her lip balm and the banana came from the milk she drank. Her lips felt soft too when it met mine. I never kissed a girl that has such soft lips like her. Even so, her lips actually felt a little bit dry.

I met Taehun outside of our class. We entered at the same time when Taehun asked me, "How is it going?" 

"She hesitated at first but I made her agree" I said as we walked towards our desk at the right back corner of the class. It was right next to the window and our tables were attached.

"How?" Taehun asked as we settled down on our seats. 

I put a playful smirk on my face and winked to Taehun. "It's a secret. Heechul was there. Ask him" I said as I took out my Math textbook from under the desk. 

Taehun rolled his eyes because he was pretty annoyed with me. "You are not single anymore bro. You can't play around with girls after this" Taehun teased.

When he said that, he made it sound like I was a womanizer when I wasn't. I was popular in school and the lead vocal for our band so automatically, I was the first person that the fans would see. I wasn't trying to brag but among the 4 of us, I had the most fan girls compared to them. Not just from our school but from other schools as well. So whenever a fan girl asked me something, I had to do it unless it doesn't go beyond the limit. If a fan girl asked me to hug her, I would hug her. Just a fan service. Not more than that.

I smirked at him. Suddenly I could feel my phone vibrating inside my pocket. I took it out and saw that I received a text message. I unlocked my phone and saw who was the recipient. It was from Son Naeun. I opened my inbox and read the message.

"Meet me before school ends. At usual place" 

I locked back my phone and kept it back inside my pocket when Mr Ha walked into our class. 

 

Naeun and I had been dating for three years. We knew each other when we were in the same class in middle school. She was very beautiful and her body was so idol like. I loved everything about her. Her face, her attitude, the way she spoke, almost everything was perfect about her. She was perfectly matched to my ideal type. Unlike me. I wasn't popular, good looking or tall as what I am now. I was dull, nerd and totally invisible. Heechul was very popular because of his stare and trust me, he had gained his popularity since he knew that girls these days fall in love with that bad boy look. He had been practicing to make that stare so that he would attract the girls' attention. He was very popular in middle school. Even so, he never left me. He had always been there for me. He was one true best friend.

Son Naeun had been my crush for more than a month until one day Heechul dared me to ask her out. I was someone who would take whatever challenges that was given to me. 

Surprisingly, she agreed to go out with me.

On our first date, Heechul helped me to fix my appearance so that I would look more please, acceptable and daring. The appearance that won't make me invisible ever again. Naeun liked my new appearance. On our first date, she told me that she was actually had feelings towards me too. That was when we officially became a couple. 

We did what all couples did. We dated, we had our relationship bracelet that was made by blue beads, we kissed, we held hands together, we make out and we even made love, spent the night together. Naeun was irresistible when she was in action in bed. We did it about once every month. I didn't know. It was countless times.

Everything changed when her ex-boyfriend from Japan, Gareki, moved here. Gareki was like Heechul. He was arrogant, harsh, well built but he was actually charming in his own ways. I didn't understand why would the girls fell for him anyway. She told me that she had end her relationship with him so I did not even have to worry about him.

One day, she was caught red handed by me. I saw her at the coffee shop with Gareki when I asked her to go out with me earlier. She told me that they were just dicussing over her father's business. Yes, Naeun's father had a business in Japan and Gareki was one of his father's workers. I trusted her so I let it pass.

On the day my father passed away, she wasn't there to comfort me. My mother was there, my siblings were there, Heechul was there and even his family were there. Everyone who truly loved my father, me and my family was there but the girl that I cared the most didn't even show up. I texted her about how much I needed her to comfort me but she never replied. I called her but she never answered. We were at the cemetry. My head was spinning. I couldn't hear my mother's and my siblings cry anymore. I couldn't see how my father was in the coffin and was about to be buried. My mother had been hysterically crying and only my twin sisters could stop her. It was raining heavily as if the sky knew how sorrow and sadful the situation was. 

When everything had been settled, I asked Heechul to bring my siblings and my mother home because I really couldn't move my feet from the ground. My mother insisted to stay but my twin sisters were surprisingly were lot more stronger than I was, they managed to persuade my mother to go back home with Heechul. When they were all gone, I couldn't stop staring at my father's grave. I reached for my phone inside the pocket. There was still no reply from Naeun. I slid my phone back into my pocket before I took steps backwards, spun around and walked away.

The rain had stop. My suit was soaking wet because of the rain. I decided to check on Naeun at her condominium. She told me that her parents were away for a week for business trip. So I was thinking maybe I could spend a night at her condominium to make me feel better.

When I arrived at her condominium, I immediately knocked on the door but there was no reply from her. Call me a lucky boyfriend because my girlfriend trusted me so much she gave me the password to her condominium. I entered the password and when the code was accepted, the door made a click sound. I pressed the knob and pushed the door open. There was no one inside the condominium but the living room was messy as if someone had broke into the condo. There was an umbrella right beside me. I took the umbrella so I could use it to defend myself. Then I heard the sound of the bed creaking followed by the sound of a guy . Then, I heard a voice of a girl screaming in pain.

I followed to where the sound came from. It came from Naeun's room. The door wasn't properly shut. I stepped closer to the room before I pushed open the door. The umbrella dropped from my hand onto the floor. My eyes widened and my jaw dropped open. 

Naeun and Gareki was having .

Naeun saw me who was standing at the frame door. "This is not like you think" she said as she struggled to get Gareki off from top of her. 

My father's death was because of 'that' and I won't let my anger to let me use 'that' to hit both of them. I didn't know what was I thinking but I was pretty sure what was I doing. I harshly pulled the blue beads bracelet that I had been wearing it all the time off my wrist. I let the beads fall off from the string and onto the floor. Naeun was staring at me as if I was about to jump off the cliff. I wasn't. I was just at my limit. 

"We are over" I said as I threw the remaining beads that were in my fist into the trash can. I bowed with my right leg crossed behind my left like how a latin dancer bowed before they start performing their dance. "May you enjoy your hot session"

I walked out of the room and shut the door close behind me.

 

------------------------ 

 

I walked along the hallway. It was the last period for the day and as instructed by Naeun, I skipped the last period to meet her. I turned at the corner and stopped at the front door. It was the art club room. We used to have art club at our school but as time and generations passed by, there were not so many students who were into art. So the room was made as a store room where they kept stuffs for events like the flags for sports day, costumes for the summer festival and more. 

I slid the door open. When I entered the room, I already saw Naeun was sitting on the table, facing the door with her arms and legs crossed. I slid the door closed behind me before I leaned on it. My arms were crossed as I looked at her. She brushed her hair with her fingers before she rested it on her right shoulder. 

"What do you want?" I asked.

She didn't answer to my question. Instead she just scoffed. She jumped off from the table and walked towards me. She was very close to me our face almost touched. I knew she did that because she thought that I would be afraid at her and I definitely knew where was this conversation and meeting going. It must be because I proposed to Junka to become my girlfriend.

She took one of my hand and intertwined her fingers between mine. Her eyes locked into mine. I couldn't help it when she started to hold my hands and when I could hear her breathing on my chest. Even my heart was still racing. With her other hand, she slid her hand and wrapped it around my neck. She tiptoed and gently kissed me on my lips. 

I really had no idea what was I doing. I was frozen when she kissed me. I didn't know what to do. I got over her long time ago after we broke up but I didn't expect that I would still actually want to kiss her. I knew this wasn't the right thing because I was officially Junka's boyfriend. Even though that I was actually forced to be her boyfriend, loyalty was still my priority. I can't do this to her. I cheated on her on the first day we became boyfriend and girlfriend. 

I gently put her hand that was on my neck and pushed her by her shoulder slowly from me when she bit my lower lip for a better entrance. I let go off my hand from her hand. She was stunned by what I did. She was definitely in shock state. I never resist her kiss before maybe that was why she was so shocked.

"What are you doing?" I asked. My voice was strict but it was soft at the same time because I didn't want to hurt her. She was a sensitive girl. I knew her for as long as I knew Heechul. I walked passed her and sat on the table she sat earlier. 

She turned her body to me and crossed her arms, looking as diva-ish as she could. "Why her?" she asked.

I really couldn't tell her about our bets. If I told her, she probably would tell Junka and there goes my 20k won that I was supposed to receive from the idiots. So I ignored her a question and responded with a question, "Are you jealous?"

"I thought you've moved on" she said with a frown on her face.

"I'm moving on darling. Can't you see I'm dating someone right now?" I smirked. She looked uneasy when I called her darling. "What's wrong with that?"

"Nothing. I'm just quite surprised that you moved on now. I still remember how much you begged for me to come back to you" she smirked.

I couldn't help it but escaped a small laugh. "Are you kidding me Son Naeun?" I said as I stared into her eyes. She didn't look happy because I laughed. She must be feeling embarrassed. I knew that she asked me to come here to make me regret for making Lee Junka my girlfriend. She made a big mistake. I wasn't going to fall into her trap anymore. Never. "That was a year ago. No one cares. Even so you tell everyone about it, I bet no one will give a damn about it because it is in the past. My present and future that people care about" I explained.

It took her quite a long time before she could come out with another accuse. I knew she was just trying to find a point where she could blame me on everything since it was me who ended our relationship. 

"Why you make your status public this time? For 3 years, we've been dating in secrets and why suddenly you made it as public?" she asked. I could see that there was a pool of tears at the bottom her eyes. 

I was quite shocked by that but this time, I really not going to fall for it again. "Is that really a matter? Was that the reason you cheated on me? Was that the reason why you slept with Gareki? I trusted you once"

She wiped the tears that almost escaped from her eyes with the back of her hand. "Can't you give me a second chance?" she asked.

"I did Son Naeun, and you seemed not to appreciate it. For me to give you a second chance now, it's too late" I said. She looked down to her shoes. I knew she was crying from the sound that she made but I seriously had no intention to calm her down. She hurt me so much back then. I jumped off from the table and walked towards the door. I stopped beside her and put my hand on her shoulder. "You deserve someone better. Please move on. Plus, I begged for you before you were caught red-handed having with Gareki. Make your point more accurate" I said as I gave her a few taps. I walked passed her and out of the room.

 

~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

Junka suddenly groaned as she moved her head a little. I was still playing with her hair. She was facing me. Her eyes blinked before it were widely opened. I was smiling to her as she woke up from her sleep. She smiled back to me. Her head was still laying on the bed.

"Did I wake you up?" I asked as my hand couldn't stop playing with her hair.

She shook her hair a little before she lift it up. Our hands were still holding to each. So with her other hand, she rubbed her eyes and wiped her face. "How long have you conscious?" she asked.

"Not that long" I answered. She was actually in her sleeping mode. I could tell from the smile that she gave to me. I really want to hug her and cuddle her because she looked so adorable but before I could say anything, she got up from her seat and let go off her hand from mine. "Where are you going?" I asked. I didn't know why but I was pretty sure that my voice sounded like I was afraid that she would leave me.

"I want to wash my face" she said. "Do you need something?" she asked.

I shot a smile to her. "Yes. Please come back" I said.

She scoffed to me but with her adorable smile attached on her face. "Of course I will come back" she said before she walked out of the room and headed to the toilet.

Then I realized something. "She didn't have to go out to the toilet. There's a bathroom in the room" I muttured to myself as I stared at the batroom door.

 

About 15 minutes later, she came back with two cans in her hands. She tossed to me one of it and I caught it. It was a lemon tea well, not really my favorite actually but I opened the can anyway and took a sirp. 

"Thanks" I muttured.

"No problem" she said as she sat on the bed next to my waist. "How are you doing? Feeling better?" she asked.

I nodded my head. That was when I saw her hand in a bandage. I put the can on the table beside me and reached out my hand to hers. "What happened?" I asked as I looked her into the eyes.

She shot her usual adorable smile to me. "Nothing serious though. You don't have to worry"  she explained.

I frowned to her. I really wish she could tell me everything. She didn't have to hide anything because starting from the moment she saved my life, I decided to give my all to her. Honestly, just like her, I doubted her so much at first because I really did not know her. That was why I never told her about my father's death. I had trust issues as well but not that serious as Junka. I trusted people easily because I knew not everyone in this world are bad. There is always someone whom you can put your trust to. If you live without trusting other people, how are you going to face bigger problems that await you in the future? Put some trust on people and people will put their trust on you too.  

"Just tell me what happened" I said and I was pretty sure that my voice was strict. 

"How to say it" she said as she hummed her voice and rubbed the back of her ear with her pinkie finger while still holding the can. "I don't think you are going to believe it if I say it" she said. 

Okay. I really was at my limit. Not my patience. But the limit for me to hug and cuddle her. She looked so cute when she hummed. Honestly, she was not as pretty as Naeun but she had her own charms that made her look cute. Maybe it was because her always red puffy cheeks and her soft lips. I gestured my hand, asking her to give me her can. "Give me that" I said. She hesitated at first because she had no idea what was I going to do but I'll make sure that she will remember this cuddle in the hospital for her entire life. She gave me her can and I put it aside on the table.

I moved my body a little to the right so that she would have enough space to laid down beside me. I pulled the rail beside the bed up as well. I held her upper arm and pulled her closer to me. "Come here" I said.

"What are you doing?" she chuckled but she followed as what I asked for. She moved a bit closer to me sat with leg crossed on the bed.

When I was pretty sure that both us had enough space on the bed and we were not going to fall off the bed, I asked her to lie down. "Lie down" I said.

She frowned to me. "What are you trying to do?" she asked. She didn't sound like she was pissed off. I could feel she actually wanted to do this but she kept on resisting. I put both of my hands on her shoulders. I bit my lips and stared her into her eyes. "Yah Moon Junyoung. You are creeping me out" she said.

I ignored what she said. I harshly push her down on the bed. We were lie down on our sides, I was on my left and she was on her right. Our eyes looking at each other. She struggled to get up at first. As a girl, I would say that she was actually strong. She had muscles and that muscles were not only for display. It showed how strong she was. So to prevent her from moving, I quickly put my leg onto her legs, locking them. 

I smiled to her. "Just relax okay? I just want to hug and cuddle you. I won't do things you don't want to" I said. My voice was deep, soothing and calm. Just like how she always liked it when I talked to her. 

She rolled her eyes and said, "Okay" with a smile

I was so happy that she agreed to me. My arm was under her neck while my other hand, I wrapped it around her waist. I immediately hugged her when she said okay. I closed my eyes as I could feel my heart was racing. I never felt my heart racing this fast. This was beyond than how I usually felt when I was with Naeun. Well, Lee Junka did make my heart raced a few times before, but this time, it was faster than before. Her face was buried on my chest so I bet she could feel how fast my heart was racing for her.

I could feel her heart beating too. It was as fast as mine. I didn't know if it was because she was nervous or it was because the same feeling I had for her. The feeling that made the world beautiful. The feeling that made people not to give up and chase what they always want. The feeling that made people uneasy, worrying about how is their partner doing. The feeling of love. The powerful feeling that can drive people insane.

I loved her.

"Errr Junyoung" she called my name. I just hummed as a respond. "Are we just gonna hug like this for the whole day?" she asked. 

"Yes" I answered as I nodded my head.

"I need air" she said.

"Oh sorry" I apologized as soon as I let go off the hug. "I really am sorry"

"It's okay" she said with a smile. I pulled back my hand from under her neck and put it under my cheek. I helped her to remove few strands of her hair off from her face. "Thanks" she muttured. She looked at me and smile. "Are you mental? Why you suddenly want to do this? I guess you got hit on your head quite hard" she giggled. 

Just to hear her giggle, made me giggle too. "Maybe. Do you like it when your boyfriend turn into a mental and do this thing to you?" I asked. I actually wanted it to sound funny but it sounded so cheesy and if I were Lee Junka, I would feel disgusted.

But she did not. Instead she laughed at it and shook her head. "Please bring my old boyfriend back" she said and giggled.

"Well know what, the old Moon Junyoung is not coming back. You'll need to handle the new mental Moon Junyoung" I said as I teasingly touched her nose.

She reacted to the touch with continuously giggling. "Does your head still hurt?" she asked as she reached out her hand to the back of my head.

"A little but not that bad" I said and took her hand. I made sure that our fingers intertwined to each other because that was how she liked it when holding hands. She didn't have to tell me. I could tell.

"The doctor said it will take about a week to get better" she said as she locked her gaze to mine. "You should be careful. Please don't fall sick or get into accident next time". Her expression was a mixed of worry and serious. She sounded like my mother when she said that. 

"I will. Don't worry" I said as I nodded my head. "So tell me. What actually happened to your hand?" I asked since she had not answer to my question earlier.

"Believe it or not, I punched a wall and my knuckles were bleeding. There was a small crack on the too" she explained and she looked as if she was serious.

My eyes widened and my jaw dropped open. Was she that strong? How could a girl like her made a crack just by punching the wall? I thought she was joking so I laughed. "Are you kidding me? How is it possible for you to make a crack on the wall? You are so funny Lee Junka" I said.

She burst into a small laughter as well. "I know right. How is it possible for me to do that? I was just joking" she said. "Let's have talk about something else" 

I slowed down my laugh and looked into her black eyes. She quickly changed the topic. It must be something that she wanted to hide from me. I always had Jung Heechul, the bestfriend that I could always rely on. I could just ask him what happened. I stared into her eyes. Her eyes were so shining like they were made of glass. Those eyes were very fragile. I could feel that it would shattered whenever she felt hurt especially inside her chest. Her heart. I had this reponsibility which I need to protect her heart from everything that could hurt her because I loved her. That was when I realized, I need to tell her the truth about Naeun.

I cleared my throat. She looked at me, waiting for me to say something. "I think it's time for you to know about my past relationship with Son Naeun" I said.

"Moon Junyoung" she called my name. She was staring into my eyes.

"Yes?" I responded.

She turned her gaze away as she rubbed her eyes. "Honestly, I've been thinking about it and I don't think that I really want to know about it" she explained.

My eyes widened. I was shocked to hear that she didn't want to know it after our little fight over it. "Why?" I asked.

She sighed before she looked back at me. "I don't know. I just really don't want to know. What I think is that your relationship with Naeun was in the past. You have me now. Let by gone be by gone. I don't want your past relationship with Naeun ruins our relationship. I'm happy with what we are right now"

I stared into her eyes. Those glassy black eyes. I was in a stunt state because I didn't expect for her to say that.

Suddenly, she smiled to me. Her face was very serious then it turned to a very cute and sweet smiling angel. She reached out her hand and my red hair. "Let's talk about something else"

I let her play with my hair. "Talk about your brother" I said. She didn't tell much about her brother even so she said she was closed to him. I wondered why she didn't talk much or maybe it was just me who didn't listen to her.

"My brother? Lee Sanha oppa? Why him?" she asked. The smile on her face still had not fade away.

"Well, you always asked about my siblings. Now it's your turn to tell me about your siblings" I said while I took few strands of her hair and started playing with it. 

"There's nothing special about him. Why would you want to know about him?" she chuckled. I knew she didn't mean it. She just said it because he was her brother. It is a common thing to talk bad about your siblings, right?

"Just tell me. You told me that he is a trainee right?" I asked.

"Yeah" she slightly nodded her head. "He dropped off school when he was 19. Our parents don't really mind if we drop off school just to pursue what we really want to do as long as it doesn't put us in danger. So, oppa really wants to be one of the idols that's why he decided to become a trainee. He said it takes quite a long time for a trainee to get debut unless you are very good. So he decided that if he become a trainee at an early age, he could debut at an early age as well"

I kept on listening to what she said but suddenly my hand reached to her face. My eyes were locked to hers.  I didn't know how but it felt like it was moving by itself. I slid my hand around her neck and carressed her jaw with my thumb.

She stopped talking when I carresed her jaw. "Keep on talking" I said as my hand moved from her neck to her jaw and my thumb was carresing her cheek.

"O--kay..." she stuttered. I knew she was nervous just from her expression and her voice because I was nervous too. But I kept touching her anyway.

She continued at where she left earlier. I traced her jaw with my finger and stopped at her chin. I held her chin between my thumb and my index finger and lifted her chin a little. "He said that he will debut with the other trainees next year. If there is no..." she stopped talking when I brought my face closer to her and kissed her on the lips. Her lips still felt and tasted the same. It was soft and cherry-like because of the lip balm she always used.

I broke off the kiss and she continued the conversation "no other circumstances that..." she stopped when I kissed her on her lips again. This time the kiss was longer and deeper then the first one. 

I broke the kiss again and stared into her eyes. She stared back into mine and continued where she stopped, "that will stop them from debuting, they might debut earlier than what they planned". I waited for her to finish her sentence this time before I kissed her again on her soft lips. She didn't resist the kiss. Instead, she was kissing me back. She slid her hand around my neck and brought herself closer to me. The kiss went deeper as I bit her lower lips. I want to take control of the kiss but it didn't go well as I expected because she suddenly groaned between the kisses. It wasn't the groan because she was enjoying the kiss. It was something else.

She broke the kiss. "My hand" she exclaimed. I accidentally laid my body on her injured hand.

"Oh sorry" I said as I slightly lifted up my body as she pulled her hand away. 

She was blushing and her face was turning into a tomato. Her cheeks were more red than red. I loved to see when she became embarrased and blush. I bet if her cheeks could really glow in the dark, it might glow this entire room. She turned her gaze to somewhere else as I couldn't stop grinning and staring at her like a fool. 

I was blushing as well but I didn't want to look away from her. This was her cutest moment. I cleared my throat and pretended to fix my hair when it was actually just perfectly still an untouched. "D--do you think I look good if I wear a bandana around my head?" I asked. I was trying not to make the situation to be awkward. 

She turned her head to look back at me and put her sweet smile. "Why do you want to wear a bandana?" she asked.

"This bandage looks like bandana, so I was thinking, do I look good right now?" 

She giggled as if the question was kind of joke. I didn't take it to heart because it was supposed to be a joke but I was just at it. "You look good in whatever you wear but a bandana?" she laughed before she continued. "You've gotta be kidding me. What are you? A hipster?". She laughed hysterically. I laughed along with her although I didn't find that really funny.

She stopped laughing when we heard a knock at the door. Both of us turned to look at the door and we saw Heechul with my mother. Our eyes widened. Upon to see that, Junka quickly sat up and jumped off from the bed. She politely greeted them as they entered the room. 

"Yo" Heechul greeted and gave a fist bump on Junka's shoulder before he headed to the table beside the bed and put a basket of fruits on it. Junka just gave him a glare. 

"Omona" my mum said with a happy face. "Are you Lee Junka?" she asked while taking both of Junka's hands. I knew my mum. She had been all excited when I told her about Lee Junka. It was as if she never had a daughter when she actually had 4 of uncontrolable daughters. To see her eyes sparkles because she finally met Junka somehow really embarrassed me. I could expect that she would tell Junka that I've been telling her everything about Junka.

Junka just nodded as a respond to my mother's question.

"Junyoung have told me everything about you" my mother said and her voice was as excited as if she was jumping on the trampoline right now. 

I told you she would said that.

"Really?" Junka asked back and she was grinning this time. She took a glimpse to look at my reaction.

My reaction? I was already covering my face with both of my palms. My mother would tell Junka everything about what I told her. It was Junka who turned into a tomato just now but currently, it was me.

"Yes. I want to tell you everything about Moon Junyoung that you never know" my mother said.

"That fast?" I said, almost yelled. 

My mother turned to look at me and gave me a death glare. She had been this good since Heechul taught her about all kinf of glares he knew. She turned back to Junka. " I want to show you some of Junyoung's embarrasing photos when he was a kid" my mother cheered.

This was crucial moment. I didn't want to get humiliated in front of my girlfriend because of my mother. I quickly sat up on the bed and shouted, "Okay omma!" Both Heechul and Junka were already laughing to my reaction. I wanted to get angry but I couldn't because she was my mother. "I'm sure that Junka is tired. How about if Heechul send Junka home?" I said.

Junka shook her head. "I'm not tired and I want to hear everything about you from your mother" she giggled. I knew she really wanted to hear everything from my mother but like hell, I won't let her. If she wanted to know about me, she would need to ask me by herself.  

But there was no point for me to argue. So I turned to Heechul. I didn't say anything but he seemed to understand what I meant just by the look from my face. He shrugged at first but then he approached to the gossip women. 

He stood behind Junka and whispered something into her ear. My eyes widened to see what Heechul was doing to my girlfriend in front of my eyes. 

"I have to go now ommonim. I will visit you when I have time and you can tell me everything about Moon Junyoung then" Junka said while giving a small squeeze to my mother's hands.

My mother pouted but she gave Junka a hug before Junka left. "Make sure you come and have a visit okay?"

"I promise" Junka said with a smile. She then turned around, walking out of the room with Heechul.

My eyes felt hurt but my heart felt more painful. It felt like 100 of knives were stabbing through my chest and my heart. I was feeling jealous at how closed Heechul was with Junka. I was feeling insecure.

Because I remembered now.

Jung Heechul loved Lee Junka before the bets.

 

---------------------- 

 

To be continued...

 

 

~~~~~

Gareki is an anime character from Karneval :)