Chapter 13

Worth The Bets

I opened the sliding the door and Mr Kevin was standing with both of his hands on his waist. There were like 4 male students including Junsu and they were all staring at me. I slid the door closed and approached them. "You are late" Mr Kevin said to me.

I shrugged. "I was forced to come here. This is actually against my will" 

"Then why are you still here?" he asked.

"I called her saying that you are already pissed off with her for not coming to the first meeting" Junsu interrupted before I could open my mouth.

"Fine. I give you 5 minutes to change into your training outfit" Mr Kevin ordered me.

"Okay" I said as I walked back heading to the door.

Mr Kevin stopped me from going on by suddenly calling my name and forced me to walk back to them. "Ahh before you go, we are going to have a little ice breaking so when you come back you can start practicing. So you know Kim Junsu"

"Hi" Junsu said and I said Hi back to him.

Mr Kevin continued. "Junsu has the same boxing level as yours so you don't have to get too cocky. This is Choi Yeonsu and Seoljun, they are your seniors and this is their first time trying boxing so don't you ever try to bully them"

"Nice to meet you" the guy with cute eye smile which I believed Yeonsu, greeted me. 

"Nice to meet you too" I said as I was actually feeling very awkward. Seoljun just shot me a sweet smile and so did I. "I thought there will be 5 of us. Who is the other person? Maybe I am not the one who is being late" I continued.

"That will be Park Eunji but she's sick and she can't come for the first meeting"

"Oh great. A girl. I thought I would be the only girl in this club. I guess I am not going to be lonely then" I shrugged again. "I think I shall go and change. I'll meet you guys again later" I said as I slowly walked back to the door. 

"Don't try to slack off" I heard Mr Kevin shouted as I slid the door closed again.

 

 

After 3 hours of training with Mr Kevin which I didn't expect for all of them to be very good, it was very tiring. I surely underestimate them since I never see them at the arena. For me the strongest boxers are those who are brave to join the illegal tournament. I was absolutely wrong. 

I sat on the floor with my back leaned against the wall. I took out a bottle and a face towel from my bagpack. I wiped my face and my neck while drinking the water. I raised an eyebrow as I saw Junsu walking to me. He had his own bottle. He slumberly sat next to me. "I think you owe me something?" he said.

"And what is that?" I asked.

He scoffed before he answered to my question. "You owe me a thank you for saving your from getting scolded by my brother"

"I never asked for your help" I smirked and drank the leftover of my water. "But thank you anyway" I continued.

"You are welcome" he said as he shot me with his charming smile.

"Where did you get my number anyway?" I asked while keeping my stuffs into my bagpack before I could go home and continue my beauty sleep.

"I am the president. Of course I know every info about the members. What do you expect?" he smirked.

I smiled "You are actually right" I said as I put the bagpack over my shoulder. "I should get going now. I just gonna take a quick shower and go home. I guess I'll see you again, tomorrow" I said as I stood up.

"Sure. See you tomorrow" Junsu said. I was about to walk to the washroom when suddenly he stopped me by asking a question. "When is your next tournament?"

I cursed inside my head. I bet it must be Mr Kevin who told him since there were brothers. I thought I had agreement with Mr Kevin about not telling anyone about me joining the tournament. I guess there must be no secrets between the brothers. "What tournament?" I asked, pretending not to know anything.

"Stop pretending Lee Junka. I was there when hyung caught you" he smirked.

I looked around the gym to make sure that there was no one that was near us to hear it. I then quickly kneeled in front of him and stared into his eyes. "Fine. My next tournament will be this weekend and can you please promise me one thing?"

"What? Not to tell anyone about you joining the illegal tournament?" he asked and he wasn't smirking this time but he was smiling and honestly, I melted.

I nodded my head. "Not just about that. Don't even tell anyone that I do boxing" I continued. 

He trailed his jaw with his long fingers, acting as if he was going to consider about promising me. "Sure. No problem. Apparently, my girlfriend asked me to promise the same thing"

"You have a girlfriend?" I asked with a shock expression. I don't know why I was shock to hear that. Maybe because I thought he did not look liked someone who has a girlfriend. I mean he is too nice to every girl and as far as I know, there was a rumor about him being a playboy.

"Why do you look so surprise? I do have a girlfriend and her name is Yoon Bomi. She defeated you before" he explained.

"Ohhh. That girl is your girlfriend?" I asked again and he just nodded his head as a respond. "Wow. She is so pretty and I think you deserve her. I bet she is nice"

"Absolutely. The perfect girl" he added.

"Thanks Junsu" I muttured before I got up again and walked to the washroom.

 

 

It was 12pm at that time. I walked out of the school with one of my bagpack's strap on my shoiulder. I was busy replying to Junyoung texts. Yes, TEXTS! There were 25 messages from him asking me where I've been to that I was such in hurry this morning. I was trying to figure out what excuse I should gave to him and I really couldn't think of one. I scratched my head and my ponytail started to get messy. When I reached the front gate, I heard someone called my name. I looked to where the voice came from. A girl was standing there and she bowed to me when I turned to look at her.

"Nina?" I asked as I walked up to her.

She shook her head. "No. I am Mina. Nina's twin"

"Oh sorry" I muttured. "You two are so alike I can't differentiate between you and Nina"

She just shot a cute smile to me. "It's okay. We got that a lot" I smiled back to her. "Can we have a talk?" she continued.

"Sure. Let's go somewhere nice. There is a nice cafe I know around here" I said as I grabbed her arm. She just smiled to me and followed me wherever I am going to bring her. I didn't know why I did that but I was sure that I wanted to be close with Junyoung's siblings. Plus, I've been wanting a dongsaeng.

We walked side by side without talking to each other. It was kind of awkward but I knew that Mina wanted to save what she wanna say to me when we arrived at the cafe. The walk wasn't that long. We arrived at the cafe after about 5 minutes of walk. I asked Mina to sit first while I ordered for our drinks. After about 10 minutes, I came to her table with our drinks in my hands. She was having milk tea while me as usual, mocha latte. I sat in front of her while putting down the drinks on the table. 

I took a sirp before I start the conversation. "So Moon Mina. What is it that you wanna talk about?" I asked as I leaned my back on the chair. 

Mina fixed her hair. She then stared me into my eyes. That really creeped me out because I never talk to Mina before and I thought maybe she was actually annoyed with what I just did. She leaned her body towards me. "I know everything about you" she whispered but it was loud enough for me to hear.

'Please don't tell me she knows about the illegal tournament too' I thought to myself. I pretended not to know anything. I frowned and took my drink. "What is it?" I asked as I took another sirp.

"I know about you joining the boxing illegal tournament every month" she muttured.

I almost spat out the drink inside my mouth. I put the cup on the table while I wiped my mouth with my jacket sleeve. I was still acting though. Obviously I had to pretend because she was Junyoung's sister. Eventhough she was not in a good term with Junyoung but she could tell him anytime. Junyoung hated boxing and also boxers. That was what I was afraid of. I couldn't even imagine how it would be if he left me. 

"What are you talking about? Boxing? I don't even know how to do boxing" I said putting a fake smile. 

Mina took out her phone out from her handbag. She was searching for something before she handed the phone to me. It was a video of my recent tournament. My eyes widened and I was cursing under my breath, "I bet you don't want Junyoung oppa to know about it right? I can keep this as a secret if you help me" I was trying to delete the video when she continued, "Well, I don't mind if you want to delete it but I still have a copy in my laptop"

I shut my eyes close for a moment and took a deep breath. I passed back the phone to her. "What kind of help?" I asked. 

"Help me to get into boxing world again" she answered.

I immediately shook my head. I already knew the story of their family and if anything happen to Mina, I don't want to be the person to be blame. "Negative. I can't help you about that. Your brother and your mother will kill me if they find out that you start boxing again"

"It's either you help me or I will show the video to Junyoung oppa" she threatened me with a smirk on her face.

Honestly, I was scared of her threat but I knew that she was even more afraid than me. I stared into her eyes. "Are you threatening me? Go on. Show him the video because eventually he will know about it"

Mina sighed. "Fine. I am sorry for trying to threaten you" She sighed for the second time before she continued. "I thought you would understand me because we share the same passion. My father died without leaving anything to us but I believe he left his talent to me. I inherit his boxing talent. I am the best in my siblings. I can even defeat Junyoung oppa eventhough he is a guy and stronger than me. I don't want my talent to stop here. I want to expand my talent. I want people to know about my talent. I'm sick of hiding and holding this grudge to myself. I understand that both my mother and my brother don't want me to continue doing boxing because they don't want what happened to my father will happen to me too. What I want is I want to expand my talent and I promise myself that I will not get hurt or make them worry"

"I know and I understand how you feel" I muttured. I didn't know what was I thinking. Yes, I really understand how she felt because we shared the same interest and passion. I was lucky that Sanha oppa support me in whatever I am doing as long as I am happy. Mina wanted to do something that made her happy but she couldn't because it was against her mother's and her brother's permission. She was just sick for not being able to do what she loved to do. 

I took a deep breath. "Fine. I will help you to get into boxing world again" I said

"Yes!" she muttured.

"But" I continued. "I can't let you join the tournament. You can come and watch but you cannot join it"

"Huh?" she responded. "Then how am I supposed to practice?"

"I guess I can persuade the boxing club president to allow an outsider to join our training session" I explained.

Her eyes widened and her jaw dropped "Your school have boxing club?" she asked and I just nodded my head. "And Junyoung oppa don't even know about this either?" 

I fixed my position. "About that" I paused and took a sirp of my mocha latte. "Can you please keep it as a secret not just from Junyoung but from everyone?" I asked.

"Sure unnie" she smiled.

 

-----------------

 

I practiced boxing until 4 in the morning for my next tournament. I was busy practicing that I did not realize that I had school. Since I was so tired, I decided to take a nap during recess time. I had my earphones on and I was about to step into my dreamland when I felt someone poked my shoulder from my side. I thought it was Kyuwan so I just shrugged. The poke suddenly became so annoying. When I lifted my head from the table, my lips met with someone else's lips. My eyes shot opened as I was presented by Junyoung's lips. 

I broke the kiss and took a deep breath. "Damn it Moon Junyoung. Can you please stop doing that kind of thing" I exclaimed as I took off my earphones.

He was chuckling because for him that kind of reaction really made him laugh. "It wasn't my fault. I called your name and you didn't respond so I poked you" he said as he grabbed a chair and sat down beside me.

I rolled my eyes as I took off the hair band that hold my hair into a ponytail. "Why are you here? Aren't you supposed to go eat with your bandmates or practicing?" I asked as I fixed my hair. 

Junyoung's hand suddenly reached out and he touched my hair. He was my hair. My hair was greasy and messy and he touched it. I looked at his face and he was smiling as if he was enjoying it. "I like it better if you let go your hair than you tied it up" he said.

I just smiled to him and I was sure that again my cheeks were burning. "Thanks" I said. My voice was shaking. Maybe because I was feeling nervous and embarrassed at the same time. 

He just smiled to me. "So Junka you know that our Battle of The Band starts next week. Since you are our manager, we need you to do some work this weekend" 

I frowned. "What kind of work?" 

"Nothing. You just need to gather some people, make placards and ask them to come and watch the battle. It's easy right?" 

I shook my head. "No. That is not easy. Plus, I will be busy this weekend and I think that job should be done by the president of your fanclub and not the manager" I explained.

Junyoung sighed. "Unfortunately, we don't have official fanclub or a president. What are you busy with this weekend?" he asked.

I avoided the question. Why am I busy? Because I got a tournament to attend this weekend. I certainly did not have time to gather people and persuade them to come watch the battle. "I think it'll be easier if you just tweet or post anything on SNS. They will read it and if they are truly your fans, they will come and make placards for you"

He shrugged. "Okay then but still we need someone to lead them. I mean come on, you are our manager and you barely have things to do. We don't hire you to just own the title as our manager"

What he said really annoyed me because I did not become the manager because I want to but I was forced to. I looked at Junyoung with an annoyed face, "I did not become your manager because I want to. You forced me to be your manager when I suggested to you guys to actually find someone who really deserves to be the manager. Plus, you hired me without payment. I do it for free. You can't always force me to do things" I exclaimed.

Junyoung scoffed. "Wow. Are you trying to say that I am forcing you in everything we do?"

"Obviously" I said as I rolled my eyes. I was totally pissed off now. I turned my body and opened a book. I was pretending as if I had a work to do and also I was hoping that he would understand by what it meant through my action. It meant he should leave me alone because I really did not want to talk to him.  

Junyoung grabbed my hand. He forced me to face him now. I quickly drew off my hand from his. "Okay, did I do anything wrong? Why are you so mad over this? And why you dind not answer to my question earlier? Why are you busy this weekend?"

"I just want to be alone this weekend. I want to spend my weekend by myself. Is that so wrong?" I exclaimed and I almost yelled. 

"You should just say so. You don't even have to get so mad. If you can't do it this weekend then do it on other days as long as it is before the battle" he explained.

I put my hand down on the table. I sighed while wiping my face with my bare hand. "I don't want to do that okay. I just don't want to be your manager if I have to do this kind of thing. I quit. Plus, I bet when I gather these fans of yours, they would start making rumours. Rumours like I became your girlfriend because actually I worked as your manager and more weird rumours. I don't want that"

"Why would you care about the rumors if it is not true? You know it that you become my girlfriend because I love you" he sighed. 

"It's because I hate it okay. I want to stay in this school peacefully. I don't want people to actually know me or start spreading rumours or talk about me. I want to live my life normally okay" I explained.

Junyoung bit his lip before he slightly nodded his head. "That actually hurts me. It's like you are actually putting the blame on me that you do not have the normal life like you want. I am sorry about that"

He misunderstood my statement. Or maybe he really interpret my statement correctly. Yes, I never want to be popular and I want normal school life. Being Junyoung's girlfriend automatically made me popular. Some of the girls even compared me with other girls who deserved more to be Junyoung's girlfriend. However, I love Moon Junyoung and I did not want our relationship to end. I rubbed my hair and then reached out for his hand. I gripped his hand and he gripped on my hands too but it felt loose. It wasn't like the way he used to grip on my hands. "I'm sorry. I don't mean to hurt your feelings. I love you and I think I become like this because I am just tired. I will gather some people to come to the battle " I said.

Junyoung put a weak smile and his gripped on my hands tightened. "Never mind. I will just ask Kwanghee hyung to find someone else and I'm sorry too" he said as he kissed my knuckles. I put a weak smile on my face. "Can I come to your house tonight?" he asked.

"No" I answered before I planted a kiss on his cheek.

He just smiled back. "I'll see you again later. Bye" he said as he stood up and walked out of the class.

 

-------------------

 

I asked Mina to wait for me at the bus stop near the arena of the illegal tournament. When I arrived at the bus stop, I could see Mina was waiting for me. I slow jogged to the bus stop and greeted her as soon as I arrived. "Hi Mina. Sorry that I have to make you wait for so long"

"It's okay" Mina smiled to me.

"Are you sure you are alone when you came home? No one follows you here?" I asked. Just making sure that our secret will not be known by anyone especially Moon Junyoung.

Mina nodded her head. "I came here alone. Junyoung oppa already went for his band practice when I left the house" 

"Good" I said as I patted her shoulder. "As for today, do you want to watch from the spectators seat or you want to follow me to the locker room"

She smiled widely. Asking her to come with me to the locker room excites her. We were both boxers and I understand how it feels to be able to just be in the locker room where all strong competitors hang out, change their clothes, exchange their tips or advices. It is really the best experience ever. It wasn't a big deal though but you can feel it if you were a true boxer. 

"Of course I want to follow you to the locker room" she said, excitedly. "Thanks unnie"

I smiled back. "No problem" I said while looking at my wrist watch. "I guess we should get going now or we'll be late"

Mina just nodded her head before she followed me to the door that leads to the locker room for the competitors. We walked along the hallway and Mina followed up with my pace and walked beside me.

I just slightly bowed my head to some of the competitors that I recognized. "That's Kim Jonghyun. He won in 5 consecutives weeks when he debut. He was only 13 at that time" Mina said.

We met another competitor and I bowed my head once again. "That is Park Sera and she is the goddess of this tournament. She once defeated an opponent that twice her size eventhough she is petite. But she received 5 stitches on her eyebrows from it" Mina continued.

I was amazed by Mina. She certainly was a big fan of every strong competitor that joined this tournament. "Wow Moon Mina. I'm impressed"

She just shrugged. "That's the only thing I can do since I can't do boxing. I can only watch people do boxing" she explained.

I just nodded my head when we turned at a corner. Soon after that, we reached the girls' locker room. Mina was amazed by the locker room. It wasn't that special about the room but it was a big deal for her since it was her first time. Yoon Bomi was sitting on the bench while tying up her hair. Bomi turned to me and greeted me. This would be the second time I ever talk to her. "Annyeong Lee Junka"

"Annyeong" I replied and walked to my locker. I took out my locker key from my bagpack and opened it.

"Is she your sister?" Bomi asked.

"Nope. She is my boyfriend's sister" I answered as I put my bagpack inside the locker.

Mina bowed to Bomi and introduced herself. "Annyeonghaseyo. My name is Moon Mina"

"She likes boxing too" I continued. "Anyway, you are Kim Junsu's girlfriend right?"

Bomi looked at me with a surprised face. "How did you know?"

"He told me. We are in the boxing club at our school" I explained.

"Oh yeahh. He did mention to me about establishing a boxing club at his school and you are one of the members" Bomi said. "Emm Junka, can ask you a favor?"

"Yes?" I responded while fixing my hair and put it up into a ponytail.

"Can you keep your eyes on Junsu? I think he is cheating on me" Bomi continued.

"Why do you think so? I mean, he is adorable and he looks nice" 

"I don't know. He's been acting weird lately. Wait, you are not into him right?" she frowned.

I chuckled. "Are you kidding me? I have a boyfriend. Don't worry. I don't think he cheats on you because he loves you. Trust me" I said.

To hear that from me, it created a smile on Bomi's face. "Quick. We should get going now. The tournament is about to begin. I'll wait for you at the ring" she patted on my shoulder before she headed out.

Only then I remembered that my competitor for today's tournament was Bomi. I closed my locker and put on my boxing gears. "You can have a little tour inside this arena if you want. I'm not going to forbid you to go anywhere but there's nothing special though about this arena. It's just a crappy old warehouse" I said to Mina who was sitting on the bench. 

"Okay. I will have a little tour after I watch your tournament" she responded.

"Don't forget to root for me okay?" 

"Of course I will" she grinned.

 

 

That took me 20 minutes to knock Bomi down. I won against her today.I had to say, it was a tough fight with her today but I won anyway. I guessed all this practice really paid off. Since I won in the first round, I will have another round this evening for semi-final and come again tomorrow for final of this week's tournament. I was walking along the hallway, heading to the locker room where I believed Mina would be there, waiting for me to congratulate me. 

I turned at a corner when I heard someone's yelling. I was shocked and surprised to see Moon Junyoung was standing there, grabbing hard on Mina's arm.

"I'm asking you what are you doing here?" he yelled. Mina didn't answer to his question. She was just struggling to escape from her brother's strong grip. That was when Junyoung saw me. He looked at me from top to bottom and back from bottom to top. He certainly could tell that I just finished my round since my boxing gears were still on me. His jaw dropped but his grip on Minah's arm wrist did not loosen.

"What are you doing here Lee Junka?" he asked me. I took a deep breath. I didn't know how to start explaining to him because I knew that he was very angry and mad. "You joined the illegal tournament and you brought my sister here, with you?"

"I.." I tried to explain when Mina cut me.

"It wasn't her fault oppa. I was the one who asked her to bring me here" she said.

"You shut up" he yelled at her before he turned to me. "You told me that you want to be alone and by alone do you mean this?"

"I can explain" I said but he showed his palm to my face as a sign for me to stop talking.

"You know my story and I expect you to understand. How could you drag my sister to this kind of place? I couldn't believe that you go around faking as if you are innocent when you are actually not. I trust you Lee Junka" he muttured the last sentence. He then dragged Mina with him and left me behind. Without saying anything.

I couldn't think straight. Was it over now between me and Junyoung? I love him and I don't want our relationship to end like this. I have reasons why I keep my activities as secret. I believe if I explain to him properly, he would understand.

Because I really don't want our relationship to end.

 

 

To be continued...

 

~~~~~

Hi guys. Author here. So here's an update of a new chapter. Sorry for not updating much as promised because I've been busy with my college life. I am currently having a semester break so yeahh maybe I could make more updates. LOL Let's see about that. Anyway, thank you again for reading and subscribing. Feel free to leave comments if you feel this story any good or bad. I really hope you like it though.

Love ya<3