Chapter 10

Worth The Bets

We were waiting for the homeroom session to start. There was me, Kyuwan, Namjoo and Chorong gathering at Chorong's desk. Chorong just got a new boyfriend last week. She knew her boyfriend since they were in middle school. 

I was sitting in front of Chorong and I had my arms on her desk. I didn't know why but listening to Chorong, how her boyfriend proposed her to be her boyfriend amazed me.

"For that night, I picked a blue lace short dress. So he picked me up at my house that evening for a dinner. Since he is a college student and I know that college students usually have problems with the money, so I thought we would just walk to the restaurant but you know what. He actually rented a car that night" Chorong told us.

"What car?" Namjoo asked.

"Not an expensive car. Just a regular sedan but it's very comfortable" Chorong answered. We just nodded our head and we continued to listen to Chorong's story obediently. 

"So he drove us to this building. It's not a restaurant. It looks like an apartment. Frankly, I thought he was going to bring me to his apartment but when we entered the lift, he pressed the button to the highest floor. He was holding my hand the whole time we were in the lift. He didn't say anything though because I was pretty sure that he was feeling embarrassed and nervous. I was nervous too but I didn't show it to him" 

"I bet he brought you to the rooftop" I muttured as I put my chin on her desk.

Chorong snapped on her fingers followed by a clap."You are correct!"

"Wait. He brought you the rooftop when you just wore a short dress?" Kyuwan asked. "Don't you feel cold up there?"

"Yeahh" Chorong responded while slowly nodded her head. "It was cold but he made early preparation. When we got up there, there was a dinner table for two. He brought me to the table. He even pulled the chair for me to sit. There was a thick fur coat hung on the chair. So when I settled down, he put the coat on me. Isn't he romantic?"

The three of us just responded with an 'awww' sound. For me it wasn't that romantic though. It was just very typical things to do for couples. Or maybe it was me who felt jealous because Junyoung never did something romantic like that. 

"We had dinner and he proposed to me. He gave me a ring as part of the proposal" Chorong continued while she gestured her fingers to show to us the ring she was wearing. "What surprised me more was when I said yes, he went to the fence at the rooftop and shouted 'CHORONG I LOVE YOU' "

"You are lucky" Namjoo pouted. "Eyyy I envy you so much. What is your boyfriend's name again?" 

"Kim Sanghun" Chorong answered.

"Lucky" Kyuwan muttured.

Chorong just couldn't take off the smile of her face when all of us definitely showed how jealous we were. Chorong turned to me before she slapped the table. "Okay. That's enough about me. How about you Junka? Did Junyoung ever done romantic things like that to you?"

 I slowly lifted up my chin to look at them. I slowly shook my head.

"What?!" Namjoo shouted. Everyone who was in the classroom turned their heads to us. It took a while for us to tell them that nothing happened before we continue with our conversation. "Have he ever say 'I love you' before this?"

I put a weak smile and again shook my head. "But he kissed me and hughed me before. He's also nice" I muttured.

"What are you Lee Junka? Being nice is not enough. Even Mr Kevin can be nice but that doesn't make him love you like a boyfriend.  He has to say it with all his heart that he loves you. Are you sure that he really loves you?" Namjoo exclaimed.

"Yeahh. Kissing and hugging are just too normal. Everyone can do that. I can even kiss you right here right now" Chorong continued.

I frowned and looked at Chorong with disgusted face. "Euww no"

 

--------------------

 

I cut small piece of my favorite blueberry cake, poke it with a fork and shoved it inside my mouth. I liked to eat the cake here because it tasted sweet when it melted inside my mouth. Even the blueberry felt so fresh inside my mouth even though it had been in the fridge for quite long time. Sitting across me was Junyoung with his mango cheese cake. He enjoyed eating it that he even ordered for the second round. He had his hot cappucino and I as usual, my favorite hot mocha latte.

I looked at Junyoung as he kept shoving the cake in front of him into his mouth while his other hand was busy scrolling through his Twitter's mentions. Must be his fans praising how good looking he was that he couldn't stop smiling like an idiot. 

"Look here" Junyoung said as he turned his phone to face me and showed one of the mentions that his fan sent to him. "Oppa. You are so cute I feel like turning you into a chibi and keep you inside my pocket" he read it out loud and giggled to himself. "They are so cute" he muttured.

I didn't respond anything other than giving him a weak smile. Well, it wasn't that I got jealous. It was because of the conversation that Namjoo, Chorong, Kyuwan and I had yesterday. I'm a girl too. Of course I want Junyoung to do romantic things with me. He always kissed me, hugged me, held my hand but I guessed that were not enough. Am I being too greedy? Plus, he never really said that he loved me. The only thing that we tried to gain from each other for the past month wasn't love but trust. I trusted him now and I believed he had his trust on me too but does trusting each other just enough?

I put my hand under my chin and my elbow on the table. With my other hand, I stirred my mocha latte while calling him. "Emm Junyoung?" 

"Yes?" Junyoung looked up from his phone and met my eyes.

I tapped a finger on my cheek as I stared into his eyes. "What was the reason I became your girlfriend again?" I asked.

He frowned to me. "Why are you asking this today?" 

I rolled my eyes and cleared my throat acting like it wasn't really important. "Nothing. I'm just emm curious. Well. It's okay if you don't want to answer me"

Junyoung didn't look surprise by that respond. Instead he just looked back into my eyes and shot one of his adorable smile. He took my hand that was under my chin and held it tight with both of his hands. "Because I love you. I like you. You are pretty, you are cute and you are the nicest girl I've ever met"

I frowned. "But we just met for one month. How sure are you that I am actually nice?" 

"I trust you" he muttured.

"Do you really love me?" I asked again as I looked away. I kept my voice low because I was actually really embarrassed to ask such question to him. I could feel my cheeks were burning and turning red again. But I felt relieved because I could utter the question to him. 

His gripped on my hand got tighter. He held my chin and slowly turning my face to him. He was smiling and I swear that smile could make me faint but I had to control myself. "I love you so much that I will never let you go" he muttured. With his husky and deep voice, it sounded so y to me as his voice echoed inside my ears.  

That made me blush even more. I bit my lip before I put a smile on my face. "Thanks" I muttured. 

"Thanks?" Junyoung frowned to me.

"What?" I frowned back.

"You should say that you love me back"

I gulped. Now that he asked me to say that I love him back had turn out to be very awkward. "I--" I was stuttering. I looked away before I got up from my chair. "I need to get something for your mother" I said as I headed to the counter.

I wasn't avoiding that question but I really needed to buy something for her mother. I can't come over to his house with empty hands. I ordered for strawberry soft cream cake and I waited for the waiter to pack it for me at the counter.

"I will send the cake at your table when it is done" the waiter said.

I shook my head. "It's okay. I'll wait here"

Perhaps, I really was avoiding it because it was really awkward to say those cheesy things. It's weird though how I could handle to listen to the cheesy things rather than saying it by myself.

"Here you go" the waiter said as he passed the box of cake to me.

I took it from his hand and thanked him. I turned around to find Junyoung was busy with his phone again. I walked up to him and sat back at my chair as I put the cake on the table. "Are you replying them?" I asked. 

"Nope because if I reply one message the others will get jealous" Junyoung said as he finished up his cappucino that left inside his mug. "We shall go now. We need to drop off at the practice room before we get to my house. I need to grab some things there" he said as he held tightly on my hand.

"Things? Like what?" I asked as I trailed him getting up from his chair. He was still holding my hand so I had to follow him walking out of the cafe.

He turned his over his shoulder and winked to me. "Just some music sheets for the new song I'm working on"

 

 

"The last time I came here I swear it was very neat, tidy and clean. Did a storm happened in this room?" I said as I slowly walked down the stairs. Junyoung was already at the work station at the back section. 

Crumpled papers were scattered on the floor. There was a pillow and a blanket on the couch at the front section too. A basket of unwashed clothes were put near the couch. The instruments were not arranged as they were before this. There were even peanut shells scattered on the carpeted floor. Empty soda cans, empty ramyeon cups and plastics of ice cream were all over the place. At the pantry, the work station and the coffee table. 

"I believe someone has been living here for quite a while" I said as I collected some of the crampled papers on the floor and throw it into the trash can.

I heard the sound of the flusher coming from the toilet and Taehun stepped out of it. "Yeahh and it's me" he said.

"You better clean all this mess. It's embarrassing for Junka to see" Junyoung said to him.

Taehun just pouted while scratching his head. "Yes I will. Don't worry"

"Why are you living here?" I asked as I walked up to them.

"The preliminary round for Battle of The Band is in two weeks. We are required to sing two songs and one of the requirement is our own song. So I've been working out for the new song" Taehun explained.

"Actually all of us are working on it" I felt an arm was hung around my shoulder. I turned my head to find it was Heechul. "Hello sweethear" he whispered as he suddenly kissed me on my cheek. 

I wiped my cheek where he kissed me with my hand. Then, I grabbed his arm that was on my shoulder and twist it behind him. "That is so disgusting Jung Heechul. Do you have any wish before you die?"  I yelled. 

"Ah ah It hurts!" Heechul screamed. "Sorry!" he screamed again and it didn't stop me. "I SAID SORRY YOU IDIOT!" he yelled and this time I let him go. 

Junyoung was already standing beside me and he was holding my hand. "She serves you right Jung Heechul" Junyoung giggled.

Heechul didn't say anything instead he just glared at us. He then turned to look at Taehun who was standing behind us. "Yah! Didn't I tell you to clean this place?" 

Taehun seemed surprised by the command that Heechul gave him. He stuturred at first but manage to utter the words out. "Don't blame me idiot. You made this mess too. You came last night so both of us need to clean this place" 

Heechul sighed. "We seriously are in need of a manager to help us" he said as he rubbed his temple with two fingers as if he was having a headache. Heechul turned to me. "How about you Junka? Do you want to be our manager?"

"By manager do you mean maid? I'll pass" I answered. Obviously I don't want to be a maid for them. I am Junyoung's girlfriend and not their maid. Plus, I wasn't that good at doing house chores.

"That's a good idea" Taehun agreed.

I shook my head and slowly took a step backward. "No. I really don't want to be your manager. Perhaps, you shall do an interview for anyone in our school to be your manager. I bet there is someone better at being manager than me"

"Oh come on" Taehun sighed as he rested both of his hands on his hips. That was the first time I heard Taehun sighing that more sounded like a pissed off than being frustrated. "Junyoung say something"

Junyoung was still holding my hand. He turned his body to me and looked me into my eyes. "Why you don't want to be our manager? If you be our manager, we can spend more time together" He wasn't making an aegyo but I was already falling in love with that face of his. His eyes were sparkling and I couldn't help myself from not looking at that beautiful pair of eyes. 

 

 

"I can't believe it you made me agree to be your manager" I sighed as I walked beside Junyoung to his house. His house was not that far from the practice room. His house was actually in the same neighborhood. It took us around 10 minutes of walk to reach his house.

"We are not rich. So we don't have money to hire any manager" Junyoung explained as his grip on my hand tighten.

I looked up to see his face. "Oh so am I doing this for free?" I said with an I-can't-believe-what-I-just-heard smile on my face.

Junyoung shook his head. "No. You will get paid" I frowned as he explained. "A date with me everyday" he continued.

"Very funny" I pouted as he already giggling to himself. 

We turned at a corner before we stopped in front of a house. The gate was high and I really couldn't see how his house looks like from the outside. Junyoung slid his hand into a hole on the gate to reach for the lock from the inside. He reached the lock and opened the gate wide. 

"After you" he said as he held the gate open for me to enter. 

I walked up to him and entered the gate. I was awe by the beautiful of his house garden. The garden was not that huge but it was decorated prettily. The whole ground was filled with grass and it looked like it has just been cut. The pavement was made of white stones. The blooming flower pots were arranged neatly against the wall. There was even a white garden table in the middle and a white swing next to it. It was beautiful.

Junyoung lead me to the front door. There were about 3 steps before we reach the front door. When Junyoung opened the door, he quickly ducked to avoid a flying toy that was coming from the inside. I slidely turned my body when the toy flew passed me. 

"YAH!" Junyoung yelled and I could listen to some kids giggle and laughter. He shook his head while asking me to come in. I could hear the sound of sizzling on the pan when I entered the house. The house smell delicious. I turned to my right to find a kitchen and Junyoung's mother was standing near the stove. She turned around when she heard Junyoung yelled to his dongsaeng.

"Oh you are here!" Junyoung's mother said as she wiped her hands on the apron she was wearing and walked up to me.

I politely bow and greeted her. "Annyeonghaseyo. Long time no meet you ommoni" I said as I hugged her. Junyoung's mother was about my height. So it was not a problem for me to hug her.

"You came early. I haven't finish cooking" His mum pouted.

I put a smile on my face. "Aigooo omoni. You don't have to make things hard. I'm okay"

"Eyy. I have to prepare something for you" his mum said as she lead me to the living room. She sat on one of the couch and I sat next to her. Junyoung followed us and he stood behind the couch. "You are our special guest today" his mother continued.

I chuckled a little. "Special guest? Why?"

"You are going to be my daughter-in-law soon and I am so excited about it" his mum exclaimed.

My eyes widened and I knew my cheeks were turning red. I'm only 17 and this lady already want me to be her daughter-in-law. Usually it is hard for a daughter-in-law to satisfy her mother-in-law but it looks like Junyoung's mother already favor me.

"Omma!" Junyoung exclaimed.

Junyoung mother glared him and pouted. "What? I'm stating the fact. Right Junka-ssi?" 

I just smiled awkwardly and quickly changed the topic. "Oh I bought a cake on our way here" I said as I gave the box to her.

"Cake?!" a little girl shouted. Our heads turned to where the voice came from and we saw a little girl was standing on the stairs while peeking on us. The stairs was situated behind the couch where we were sitting.

"Eung. It's a cake. Do you like cake?" I asked.

She nodded her head before she got up and ran upstairs to call on her other siblings. "Ya! Oppa's girlfriend brought a cake" she shouted.

I just chuckled while Junyoung was already cursing under his breath. I knew he was actually feeling embarrassed. I could see his cheeks were turning red as well.  

"Junyoung, you take care of your brother and sisters together with Junka. I'm going to continue cooking" his mum said as she got up from the couch and headed back to the kitchen.

"Just open the cake there" he said as he pointed the small folded table in front of me. "I will take the plates"

I nodded and put the cake on the table. I examined the living room as I slowly opened the box. The living room was neat even though there were some toys that scattered on the floor. There was a 2 seaters couch next to me and the couch that I was seating was a L-shape couch. It was a usual grey leather couch. The living room made a U shape and the space was quite wide in the middle. There was a flat screen TV attached to the wall and underneath it was a small cupboard for them to keep their CDs and CD player. The corner of the room was decorated with big vase and some photos neatly hung onto the wall and on the table near the vase.

I took out the cake out from the box and carefully put it on the table. I took the plastic knife and started cutting it into small pieces. Junyoung came in and sat next to me with few plates in his hand. He put down the plates when a little girl walked into the living room. She was hugging a plush toy that looks like a bunny. 

"Hwayoung-ah. Come here" Junyoung called to her and she walked to Junyoung.  Junyoung spread his arm and Hwayoung got into his hug. She stood in between Junyoung legs and buried her face on Junyoung's neck. She was acting shy. "Are you feeling shy?" Junyoung asked her.

She didn't say anything. She just kept burying her face on Junyoung's neck. I took one of the piece that I cut and put it on the plate. "Hwayoung-ah" I called her name. She slowly turned her face to me. "Hwayoung is your name?" I asked. She didn't answer to me instead she just nodded. "That name is cute just like the person" I said as I gently pinched on one of her puffy cheeks. She smiled back to me in response. "I bought a cake. Would you like to taste some?" I asked as I handed the cake.

Hwayoung took it from my hand. Junyoung helped her so that the cake won't spill. "What should you say? Say Thank You unnie" Junyoung ordered.

"Thank you unnie" Hwayoung shyly thanked me.

"Ne. Eat a lot okay?" I respond.

I heard a running footsteps running down the stairs. I turned my head around and saw a little boy, little girl and a teenage girl age ran down the stairs. 

"Wow. It's a cake" the teenage girl said as they walked into the living room.

"Do you love cake?" I asked.

"Yes. All of us love sweet food except Mina unnie" she explained. I helped them to put the cake on the plate and handed them each. They quietly sat on the couch and started eating it. 

I nudged Junyoung when he was busy feeding Hwayoung the cake. "Don't you want to introduce them to me?" 

Junyoung didn't say anything until the teenage girl opened up . "Mianhae unnie. Junyoung oppa only favors Hwayoung"

Junyoung hissed. "I did not. I love my dongsaeng equally" 

She just glared to Junyoung and continued. "Whatever oppa. Anyway, unnie, I'm Nina and Mina is my twin sister. She is 1 minute and 30 seconds older than me and we are both 15. That girl over there" she said as she pointed to her sister who sat opposite of her. She continued. "Her name is Jaeyoung and she is 10 years old"

"Annyeong unnie. I am Jaeyoung, 10 years old girl and also cutie of the house" Jaeyoung greeted me. I was surprised by that greetings because she sounded like she was in a show and she had to introduce herself in the most attractive way so people would recognize her.

"Yes. I think you are cutie of the house" I said.

"This boy here" Nina continued as she ruffled the little boy's hair who sat next to her. "His name is Jinyoung and he is 12 years old"

Jinyoung didn't say anything. He just nodded his head as a sign. "Nice to meet you too" I said as I nodded my head.

"Hwayoung is 6. She's the maknae. And that guy over there is the oldest. Moon Junyoung" Nina continued.

Junyoung hissed again. "I am your oppa not that guy over there" 

Again, Nina ignored what Junyoung said. "So the sequence goes like this. Junyoung oppa is the oldest. Followed by Mina unnie, me, Jinyoung, Jaeyoung and Hwayoung"

"So everyone has '-young' but why not the twins?" I asked Nina.

She shrugged at first as she shoved another bite of cake into . "I don't know. I think it's because we are the twins and we are the odds, that is why we are different"

"Ohhh" I said and slowly nodded my head. I turned to look at Junyoung when he asked Hwayoung a kiss on his cheek. Hwayoung kissed him but left a cream on his cheek. Junyoung didn't complain. Instead he wiped the cream with his hand and it. He knew I was staring at him so he looked back at me.

"What?" he asked as he clean his fingers.

I put my elbow on my knee and my fist under my chin. "Nothing. I just miss my oppa" I muttured.

"Is he caring like me?" he asked as he feed Hwayoung another bite of the cake.

"Yeah sort off" I said. I let out a sigh. "I will give him a call later. I want to check on your mother" I said and got up from the couch and headed to the kitchen. 

 

----------------------

To be continued....

 

~~~~~

Sorry for not updating for about a month LOL This chapter is a bit boring right? Hmmmmm :/