Chapter 9

Worth The Bets

I was breathing hard. My chest was going up and down in rapid pace. Sweat rolled down on my face. My hair was wet because of the sweat. I won.

The referee took my right hand and raised it up in the air. "The winner for 3 consecutive rows, LEE JUNKAAAAAA!" the announcer shouted on the mic as if he would swallow the mic anytime from now.

The crowd were shouting, cheering and jumping around the ring. The ring was in the middle of the hall and there was a few space that separated the ring with the spectators. A gate was built to divide between the spectators sit and the ring. I couldn't say anything because I was still trying to keep my breathing more stable but there was a smile of satisfaction on my face. Winning in what I enjoy doing the most is my satisfaction. I love it when I win and I get depressed when I lost. Even so, it doesn't stop me from trying to win again in the next tournament.

The announcer walked to me and asked me a question. "So Lee Junka, what is the secret for you to continuously win in this tournament?"

I took a deep breath before I answered the question. I rested my hands on my hips. "There is no such things called secrets. You only need to be good at what you enjoy the most and you will definitely win it"

The crowds cheer when I finished answer the question. "Woooo. That's a tough statement". The announcer chuckled a little as if he couldn't believe to hear something very bold from me. "Now, I am informed that you are still a high schooler. Is it right?" he continued. I didn't say anything. Instead I just nodded my head as a respond. "So now tell me Lee Junka-ssi, like any regular high school girl, do you have a boyfriend?" he asked.

That question shocked me though. He never asked this kind of question before this but he definitely decided to ask it today. The smile on my face still had not fade away. I looked at the boys who had been rooting for me. They were silent, waiting for me to answer my question. Trust me, most of the spectators were not actually old men at age around 60 and above, most of them were either workers around the age of 30, high-schoolers and college students. 

 "Do I need to answer that?" I asked back. 

The announcer chuckled and the spectators were sighing when I did not answer the question directly. "Of course you have to. darling" 

I took a deep breath, shot a smile and nodded my head. "Yes, I do have a boyfriend" 

"Ahhhh" "Damnn" Those were the reactions that I heard after I said I had a boyfriend. I didn't expect to receive that kind of reaction but somehow it made me feel wanted and popular. 

"Sorry guys. Looks like you have to find another girl to be your girlfriend" the announcer said. I just chuckled to their reaction and to what the announcer just said. The announcer took my hand and raised it into the air. "Okay that's it from our little darling. Give a round of applause to Lee Junka!!!" he shouted on the mic and the crowd cheered for me again. The announcer put down my hand before he gave a short hug. I nodded my head as a sign of respect before I got down from the ring. 

When I walked on the aisle, heading to the hallway to the locker room, I heard someone calling my name from the crowd. I recognized the voice. The voice that had been shouting my name inside the class when I fall asleep. I looked to the crowd where the voice came from. My eyes widened and my jaw dropped. It was Mr Kevin.

He looked at me with an intense face. I didn't know if I am a dead meat or he is going to let me pass. But I don't think he will let me pass because this was an illegal tournament. A high school student shouldn't get involved with anything that was illegal. 

I looked away from him and pretended as I did not know him before I continued walking to the locker room.

 

-----------------------

 

Mr Kevin stacked the papers of our quiz properly on his desk. He was always like that. He loved to test his students with simple quizzes at the last 5 minutes before his period ended. No wonder he was like that because he got an amazing scold from the principal when more than a half of his class failed in his subject. So, he decided to change the learning method by checking our understanding and progression in English for almost everyday. He wanted to make sure that we would improve our consistency in his subject. 

He put the papers inside his sling bag before he slung it over his shoulder. If a person who doesn't know Mr Kevin, he might thought him as a student. Mr Kevin was tall and his body was well built. He was young and still single. He did not have a girlfriend and that what's made most of the girls in this school fell for him. He was a charismatic teacher. He was perfect in everything. He could speak 3 languages fluently which is Korean, English and Japanese. He could even play the piano and his voice was very beautiful. Everyone melted when they listened to him singing ZE:A - Daily Daily on Teacher's Day early this year.  

Mr Kevin turned to us. "I'll meet you again tomorrow" 

"Ne~~" all of us responded.

His eyes met mine. He was looking at me with an intense glare. I knew what he meant by that glare. 'I am at the edge of the cliff and if he calls my name, I am going to jump off the cliff' I thought as I gulped.

"Lee Junka" Mr Kevin called my name. 

'Goodbye everyone' I thought to myself as I imagined myself jumping from the cliff. "Ahh ne?" I responded.

"Follow me to my room. Now" he ordered me and his voice at the last word was strict.

Everyone looked at me as if I had been doing something wrong. Kyuwan who sat next to me looked at me with a curious face. I just shrugged before I got up from my chair and followed Mr Kevin to the teacher's room.

 

Mr Kevin put his bag on his desk before he sat on his rolling green comfy chair. I stood next to him with both of my hands on my back. I knew that I was going to get scolded and been told by Mr Kevin if the school knew about my activity every weekend. I was ready to hear everything. He looked at me before he let out a sigh. I knew I was not his best student compared to Kyuwan but to have such a very disappointing student was totally a pain in the . 

He pulled out one of the drawer and took out a piece of paper. I was thinking, it must be either a letter of warning or a letter of my school suspension. "Here. Take this" he said as he passed the paper to me.

I hesitated to take it at first but Mr Kevin kept frowning to me so I just took the paper from his hand. I examined the paper and it was not like what I expected. It was something else. It was a form. A form to join any club in this school. I narrowed my eyes towards Mr Kevin and asked, "What is this?"

"Our school just form a new club and it is a boxing club. I am the supervisor. So far we already have 4 members and we only need one more member before the principal can approve the establishment of this club" Mr Kevin explained.

I rubbed behind my head. I didn't tie my hair into a ponytail like I used to, so it was a bit messy when I rubbed my head. "Honestly Mr Kevin. I don't really want to join any club just yet. I don't really want to show to anyone my skills. I've been keeping this as a secret with me"

"I'm not asking you a favor Lee Junka. This is a threat. If you don't want to get suspension, you better join this club or I will report about your activity to the principal" he exclaimed while looking at me with his intense glare. I gulped. Mr Kevin's face was serious and he did not look sweet as he used to when he was teaching. I didn't say anything but I wondered though how he knew about the illegal tournament. "I'm expecting for your form to be on my desk by tomorrow" he continued.

I slowly nodded my head. "I will think about it" I muttured but it was loud enough for Mr Kevin to hear me and gave one of his popular small cough.  

Mr Kevin turned his chair to face his desk. "Go back to your class. The next teacher will be in any minute. Say sorry to him that I have to borrow you for a while"

I pouted but that pout didn't get Mr Kevin to feel pity at me. "Excuse me, Mr Kevin" I muttured. Mr Kevin slowly turned his gaze from the paperwork that he was about to work on to me. "If I join this club, can you please do not tell anyone that I do boxing?"

"Why is that?" a man asked. The voice came from my back. I turned my head over my shoulder to meet a tall guy with slender body walking towards us. My gaze was locked onto him until he stood beside me and passing a piece of paper to Mr Kevin. "This is my form" he said. He had a smile on his face all the time and his smile was very sweet and adorable. If I looked closely to his cheeks, he actually have dimples but it were not that obvious. I didn't realize that I was staring at him with my jaw dropped open until he looked back at me. He frowned. "Why are you staring at me like that?"

I shook my head before I looked away. "N--nothing" I stuttured.  

Fortunately, Mr Kevin interrupted before the situation got more awkward. "It's a good thing that you are here. This is Kim Junsu. He is the one who suggested for the school to establish a boxing club. He is also the president of the club" Mr Kevin introduced. 

"And also Mr Kevin's little brother" Junsu added.

My eyes widened as I gasped. I certainly had no idea that Mr Kevin has a little brother. "But you two don't look alike" I muttured. I was in shock state.

Before Junsu could explain, once again, Mr Kevin interrupted. He certainly didn't want the get-to-know session to be happening right now. "We will have that getting to know each other session at our first meeting. Both of you better get back to your class now" he exclaimed before he turned back to his desk as a sign for us to leave him alone quickly.

Junsu just shrugged while I just pouted. We our feets and walked out of the room. 

I slid the door close behind me before Junsu turned to me and shot one of his adorable and sweet smile. "I don't get a chance to know your name" he said.

"Lee Junka" I answered to him but I was sure that I sounded bold. I sounded like I don't even have interest towards him when I actually did. He somehow made my heart skipped a beat. I didn't know how. He just did. 

"Well, Lee Junka, it's nice to meet you" he smiled and his eyes squint. I couldn't see his pupils and it was pretty cute actually. "I guess we should get going before hyung found us talking out here. See you at the first meeting Junka" he said before he turned around and walked away, heading to his class. 

I trailed him until he turned at a corner and disappeared from my sight. I turned my body to the other way from the hallway. I almost got a heart attack when there was a guy's chest right in front of my eyes. I looked up to see the owner's body. The guy was looking down at me with a smirk and intense stare. He was Moon Junyoung. He was leaning one side on the wall with his arms crossed on his chest. 

I put my hand on my chest and let out a breath of relieve. I gave him a weak fist on his chest. "You really love to give me a heart attack" I said as I rolled my eyes and walked pass him. 

"Who is that guy?" he asked as he walked beside me with his hands inside his pocket.

"An acquaintance. I only knew him 3 minutes ago" I said as I folded the form into a smaller square so it fit to be put inside my blazer pocket. I didn't want Junyoung to have any hint about me joining a boxing club so I just acted natural.

"Why were you with him?" he asked. 

I looked at him and his expression showed how much he doubted on me. I did think of telling him what I've been doing. I really did think of telling him about me joining the illegal competition but I needed the right time and moment to tell him the truth. I was sure that it wasn't the right time to tell him the truth at that moment. I frowned to him and instead of answering his question, I asked him other question. "Why are you here? Aren't you suppose to be in class?" 

"I was on my way to go back to class from the toilet when I saw you and him walked out from the teachers' room. Now tell me why were you with him?" he asked the same question again.

We were turning at the corner before we climbed up the stairs to get back to our class. Still I didn't answer to his question and I avoided it by asking him another question. "Why did you go to the toilet at lower floor? We have toilet at the same floor as us" 

"I like the toilet at the lower floor better" he asnwered. "Seriously Lee Junka?" he said almost shouting. He had stopped walking when I turned around to look down at him on the stairs. He had his usual pose, both of his hands on his waist. 

"What?" I exclaimed. I was trying to act innocent and act as if nothing bad is happening. I knew I was bad actress that was why I kept avoiding his question. 

"Why you did not answer to my question?" he asked and he sounded as if he was pissed off this time. 

I rolled my eyes and took a deep breath. I walked down the stairs towards him and stopped when my eyes were parallel to his eyes. I shot a smile before I gripped on his necktie. I stared into his eyes before I harshly pulled his face closer to mine and kissed him on his lips. I broke the kiss when I could feel he was smirking underneath the kiss.

"You are pretty bold" he whispered. I didn't say anything. Instead, I turned around, walked up the remaining stairs and headed to my classroom when I heard he shouted, "YOU STILL HAVE TO ANSWER TO THAT QUESTION!"  

 

-----------------------

 

"Lee Junka~~" I heard someone squealed for my name. I was busy filling up the form to join the boxing club. I looked up from the form to where the voice came from. I looked at the door and Junyoung was walking in, heading to my desk. I quickly slid the form in between the books beside me and crossed my arms on the table. 

"Hi" I said as I trailed him sitting on the chair in front of me. "How are you today?" I asked.

"I'm good. How about you sweetheart?" he asked.

I was sure that I was blushing. I still couldn't stop blushing everytimes he called me with sweet names like honey, darling, sweetheart. He made me feel like we were already married. I liked it though. "I'm good too" I answered while giving him the sweetest smile I could. 

He took my hand and gripped on it. He carressed my hand with his thumb. "Junka" he called my name. He bit his lips. His expression showed as if he wanted to tell me something but he couldn't. It seemed it was hard for him to say it. 

I was praying that he did not want to break up with me at this moment. "Yes?" I responded as I frowned to him. 

"You know..." he let his sentence hanging. He looked away and took a deep breath. His hand was still holding tight on mine while he slowly ruffled his hair with his other hand. "My mum wants you to come over to our house"

I scoffed. I tried to hold myself from laughing. I wondered why it was hard for him to say that to me. "That's it?"

"Yes" he turned his gaze to me and stared into my eyes. "You are not going to laugh are you?" he asked.

My eyes were teary because I was trying to hold the laughter. My lips were vibrating. I couldn't hold it in any longer so I burst into one loud laugh. I keep slapping on top of my desk while my other hand was covering my mouth, trying to control the volume of my laughter. Junyoung sighed as I wiped my tears that escaped from my eyes. 

"Is it really that funny?" he asked and his expression really showed how pissed off he was. I had stopped laughing but there was still few giggles that escaped from my mouth. He didn't say anything but I was pretty sure that he was pissed off with me. He looked away before he wiped his face with his left hand. When he was about to get up from the chair, I quickly held his right hand that was on the table.

He turned to look at me. "I'm going. When is it?" I asked and smiled to him. 

I knew why he was embarrased to say it. The rumor had been spread around the school recently about him being a Mama's Boy. I didn't know how and why there was such rumor. I didn't believe the rumor because it was just rumor. The truth is remained a mystery. If I want to know the if rumor is true, I need to find it out. Honestly, I didn't think that Junyoung was a Mama's Boy. His father died last year and since Junyoung is the eldest son, I believed that his mother had to rely on him even though she didn't want to burden her son. 

"This weekend. Are you sure you want to come? Won't you feel disgusted to see me being very pampered to my mother?" Junyoung asked. From his face I knew he was actually feeling worry. 

My gripped on his hand tightened. I slowly nodded my head and shot a smile. "I want to see my boyfriend's spoiled side" I chuckled. He smiled before he turned his body and softly knocked my head with his other knuckle. It didn't feel hurt though because I had worst which in the tournament, of course. 

"Thank you" he muttured.

"Why?"

"For believing me" he smiled and I swore that was the sweetest smile that he gave to me. 

 

----------------------

To be continued...

 

 

~~~~~

Hi guys! Author here. Sorry for the late update. Brain wasn't working properly these days. What do you think of this chapter? Interesting? Shocking? Boring? Feel free to leave comments below there. I would love to hear your opinions :D

Btw, the Kim Junsu I mentioned was not JYJ Kim Junsu or 2PM Kim Junsu. He is AlphaBAT Kim Junsu or he goes with his stage name by G:amma. Yeahh. AlphaBAT is like my second bias group now. Please look forward to this group because they are awesome and cute. Heeeeee ^^v

Love yah <3